Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2012 9:52:55 AM EDT
What's with this artificial induced shortage of AR parts ? Anyone have a clue of why all of a sudden that now there are no bolt carriers on the heels of no lowers   ?  I understand supply and demand but demand is currently not that great to be this short.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#1]
We have plenty of both...

Bill
Snap Shots Gun Shop
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What's with this artificial induced shortage of AR parts ? Anyone have a clue of why all of a sudden that now there are no bolt carriers on the heels of no lowers ? I understand supply and demand but demand is currently not that great to be this short.

What are you basing this on?

Link Posted: 3/27/2012 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
What's with this artificial induced shortage of AR parts ? Anyone have a clue of why all of a sudden that now there are no bolt carriers on the heels of no lowers ? I understand supply and demand but demand is currently not that great to be this short.

Years of experience

Do you have a different opinion and YOUR basis ?

Link Posted: 3/27/2012 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Years of experience

Do you have a different opinion and YOUR basis ?

Not sure....  I mean I agree there is a Shortage of parts...  From what I hear, everyone is in paniac mode again and stockin up on everything they can in hopes to stash it away, or Sell it at a Profit later..

I was really just curious if you had some industry info or knew something the rest of us might not...  You never know whos on the other end of the post your reading.

Also, I've not tried to buy much latley other than ammo...  

There seems to be a shortage on that and I base that on all the places I normally buy from are out of stock and the few that normally do, the prices have jumped 20-30.00 a can of 420 rnds.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a shortage and what you can find is WAY up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
There is allot more panic buying going on right now than really meets the eye, additionally there are allot more factors in play here than just the election too, the difference this time and the last time is that people aren't talking about it nearly as much this time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#7]
The shortage sucks balls. I was told by several places to expect a 6-8 week wait time for a barrel I wanted. One place said the "panic" buying started right after Christmas and hadn't stopped since.  

I don't see it getting any better for at least a year
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The shortage sucks balls. I was told by several places to expect a 6-8 week wait time for a barrel I wanted. One place said the "panic" buying started right after Christmas and hadn't stopped since.  

Or worse... In more ways than one...

Link Posted: 3/27/2012 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or worse... In more ways than one...

True dat
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Reality TV, 2012 world enders and election trifecta.

I don't see anyone spooling up for demand either. The backside of this buy up will make the back side of 08 look like a good time.

Like most I know I'm still using components from two years ago. I have every gun a rational guy could ever want and some irrational purchases too. Can't think of any AR parts I don't have extras of.

The only real danger for now is ammunition falling out of closets. You open a door while standing behind it at my place.

There's enough powder down stairs to blow the place to splinters. Primers might be the only component I might buy more of. With 20k plus sealed in a large Pelican case I'm not feeling very motivated to run out and hit panic yet.

Nope, this time around its stupid. Last time around I didn't have an AR. This time I do.

yawn........
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't see anyone spooling up for demand either. The backside of this buy up will make the back side of 08 look like a good time.

Like most I know I'm still using components from two years ago. I have every gun a rational guy could ever want and some irrational purchases too. Can't think of any AR parts I don't have extras of.

The only real danger for now is ammunition falling out of closets. You open a door while standing behind it at my place.

There's enough powder down stairs to blow the place to splinters. Primers might be the only component I might buy more of. With 20k plus sealed in a large Pelican case I'm not feeling very motivated to run out and hit panic yet.

Nope, this time around its stupid. Last time around I didn't have an AR. This time I do.

yawn........

Last time around I had 1 AR and several decent bolt guns...now I have several decent ARs and 1 bolt gun. I go through much more ammo now. The only thing I lack is a shit ton of is .22lr.....I probably only 20,000 rounds in inventory, or 20 times shooting for my son.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I finished my panic buying in 2010.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yawn........

Last time around I had 1 AR and several decent bolt guns...now I have several decent ARs and 1 bolt gun. I go through much more ammo now. The only thing I lack is a shit ton of is .22lr.....I probably only 20,000 rounds in inventory, or 20 times shooting for my son.

Well, your in luck as .22lr does not seem hard to find yet...  I still see it online and at most retailers...  Mighta went up 5 bucks per 550 rnds, but still there...
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top