Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 5/25/2007 11:01:05 AM EDT

Lowers are on the way
_________

Orders have been submitted.  The irony? - the total for everyone's lowers worked out to guess how much - $5,560.  If that isn't irony I don't know what is (actually it was $5,561 but you get my point.

I also have decided not to post the spreadsheet for checking for correctness in text, since there were many text requests with family names who ya'll might not want posted.  I copied and pasted directly from your emails though, so they all should be correct and if not well, we'll work something out.  This should be great, and I can't wait to get them in.
_________

I have checked my mail today and will be depositing payments this afternoon.  Order submission will go pending cleared payments (for obvious reasons ).  I can't wait!
________

There are still payments inbound.  The day after the cut off date (Tuesday) I will deposit the funds and submit the order when the funds have cleared which should be the next day (Thurs).  I will get with AA and give you an update when I hear from Jon.
________

Just a friendly reminder - the cut off is Tuesday.  I will be submitting orders on Wednesday so I will have to refuse any funds arriving after Tuesday.
_______
Those of you who thought you missed your chance I think will be ok if you can let me know and get me your funds fast.  45 days from the beginning, July 1, is next week August 14th for the cut off.  A few days prior to that date I will cash all of the checks and have the lump sum ready for AA.  I have consolidated everyone's orders who we have so far and would like to break it up for you all here to either confirm or let me know otherwise where you will be picking your lower(s) up.  Also, please see the questions at the end for a few of you in particular, which I will post publicly so others may chime in:
To everyone who has emailed me and to whom I have replied (or is it 'who', LWC?) - we have just hit 50, which is the limit according to staff.  Those of you getting the lowers sent to places other than CombatArms, I will need a copy of the FFL - is there anyone who cannot scan a copy and email to me?  I don't have a fax machine but if not I'm sure we can work something else out.
As you may recall from my post a few posts down, we were approved by staff for a certain number, which was 50.  Be forewarned that we are quickly approaching that number from confirmation emails I have received with everyone's order and details.  I guess it is a possibility that we could grovel for a higher number, but I wouldn't wait any longer just for the sake of waiting if you are.
I plan to hold all monies I receive until the time that we are ready for submission to AA unless anyone has a problem with that.  I don't want to have all that cashed and then worst case something happens with the deal and I need to return anything - it makes it easier this way.

I have only received two people's payments to date, though those others of you have confirmed it.  Just wanted to let you know in case others of you have sent funds and it hasn't made it to me.

I'm going to try to build this sample lower that I have for an even better sample / pic for ya'll if/when I get the chance.

A day or two prior to order submission, I will share the spreadsheet that I am keeping up with all of this on (just names and the lowers/text that you want, nothing more) so you all can be ABSOLUTELY sure that your order is correct before submitting.  Aight?
_______

Lower receiver $100 each. Shipping all (however many) to the same FFL in one shipment. Shipping at $3.00 per.
Custom name or other line of text $5.00
Registered and marked "Registered Pistol" $5.00
+ as specified below and on page 4 but I will specify again:  + shipping to individual FFL if you do not pick up directly from CombatArms or a joint FFL that you are using with other members for 5 or so lowers.  (estimated at $13)

Email me with your info, including name and all the details for what you want (click the little "email user" button at the top of this thread) and I'll tell you where to send payment

ETA pics courtesy of CombatArms.  More to come...

small logo

big logo and text

Lower receiver $100 each. Shipping all (however many) to the same FFL in one shipment. Shipping at $3.00 per.
Custom name or other line of text $5.00
(see addtl FFL shipping info below, regarding if you are using CombatArms or not)

AA and I have discussed production time and time to get everyone's prepayment in and have concluded that it would be ideal to officially open ordering on July 1 for 45 days - that should give everybody plenty of time to save up and make the decision.

I hope for the samples to be in soon, and if you want to after you take a look-see, email me per the "email user" button that you see above this post I will give you my mailing address for the MOs - be sure and give me your name and phone or email info along with your order.

as started from this thread

AnvilArms has expressed interest in doing the custom lowers for us, and appear to be very reputable and a good route to go according to our communication as you can see in the other thread.  So, unless anyone has any objections or other suggestions I think we should pursue them.  Also, there hasn't been much chatter for any design other than a somewhat cleaned up version of following, so if you have any other insights speak quickly

Now, we have determined that for simplicity and safety's sake it will probably be best to utilize CombatArmsInstructor for the transfers, since he has offered his services and is such a cool guy , and from there those of you in MS, LA, or too far in AL to pick them up perhaps have them shipped to your FFL, so the cost of that shipping too will be incurred ($12-$14 for priority mail).  

At this point it is my understanding that they will be marked:

Caliber Multi
model AA-15
serial xxxxx
< no custom serials at this time, sorry guys
+ any custom text for said extra cost

At this point, we basically need to accomplish the following objectives to get this rolling:
1.  site staff approval

Since everything seems to be in order and you already have done a fantastic
job in getting things together, I will approve the project with certain
conditions:

- I need to know total lowers being created so I can approve the number.
- This is a one time project approval for the HTF Gulf States lower to be
supplied by AnvilArms.
- The logo is accepted and any changes must be approved before they are
made.
- You put me down for one because they look very nice.   :)

-- Juan

2. gather a confirmed list of interested parties and the total number of lowers desired
3. find out an ETA on the lowers from AnvilArms according to whenever the order is placed
4. set a deadline for funds to be in and how to handle the funds
5. submit order and wait

additional info from AnvilArms:

Due current political atmosphere and the resultant nationwide surge in buying this kind of firearm "just in case" we are having a very difficult time keeping lower receivers in stock. We are making efforts to secure more lower receivers and rest assured that we will under no circumstances allow the level of quality to go down even a tiny bit. Anvil Arms would rather be out of stock than offer an inferior product. As with anything in this industry, nothing happens overnight and best case scenario, we are looking at a timeline of anywhere between 30 and 90 days to be able to have a noticeable increase in supply.  

Let me be perfectly clear about 2 things here. ANY company that tells you their AR15 type lower receivers are "100% MilSpec " is full of baloney. It is not legal for any company to sell to the general public a “100% MilSpec” AR15 type lower receiver. Allow me to explain.

The "MilSpec" that is being refereed to details just about every aspect of the manufacturing of the receiver. It details the type of aluminum, the fact that it MUST be forged and NOT simply cast, every single dimension to the thousandth of an inch and so forth.

If you think about what you just read you will immediately understand that by saying ours are “MilSpec” we are saying that our receivers are in fact forged. As per the "MilSpec" they must be or we could not say that they are. That said, I do know of some companies that sell cast receivers and at the same time tell you they are "MilSpec" which obviously they are not. So for the record, ALL Anvil Arms LLC AA15 Lower Receivers are in fact FORGED, as in “Forged in the real world”, (Our company motto).

You will also note that our website CLEARLY states that there is an exception to our lowers being “100% MilSpec”. Allow me to copy and paste from the site: “Our lower receivers are 100% “MilSpec” EXCEPT that the actual “MilSpec” includes the ability to fire fully automatically. These lowers meet every other dimension and tolerance in the specification except for that one area where by federal law they are not allowed to. However, our lower receivers are fully compatible and completely ready for a registered drop in auto sear.”

As a result of this confusion I have added a short sentence to the relevant pages of the website: “By the way, the "MilSpec" says the receiver must be forged, (not simply cast), and yes, ours are in fact forged.”
Link Posted: 5/25/2007 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/25/2007 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i have submitted a request to the powers that be. hopefully we will get the ok to proceed.

mike

ps....

if this goes through put me down for 1 confirmed

Many thanks for your help, Mike

p.s.  I ate with some of your neighbors today at lunch.
Link Posted: 5/25/2007 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes you can count me in for 1. CombatArmsInstructor, where are you located at? If I can pick it up from you directly it would give me a good reason for a road trip
Link Posted: 5/25/2007 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/25/2007 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Caliber Multi
GSHTF
("Gulf States Hit the Fan" - genius, HardShell )
serial xxxxx

I actually meant that to stand for Gulf States Home Town Forum, but I think I like your interpretation better.

And I was really hoping that could be part of the serial number -- GSHTF-01, GSHTF-02, etc.

BTW, bump me from 4 to 5...

lol, lost in interpretation.  I've axed them about the custom serials among other things in my recent email.  Awaiting reply.
Link Posted: 5/25/2007 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#6]
At $100 + shipping, I am definitely "in".  Put me down for one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2007 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
At $100 + shipping, I am definitely "in".  Put me down for one.

I definitely take 1.
Link Posted: 5/25/2007 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#8]

update:  GSHTF for model name is probably a no-go.  It falls under the changing stuff / ATF being anal / etc., so we may have to stay with their standard "AA15", or "AA-15"

I hope this is ok with ya'll.
Link Posted: 5/25/2007 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Sure.  Question, Will Our logo replace their logo or will it be on the opposite side?  Don't care one way or the other, just wondering.
Link Posted: 5/26/2007 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Beetle, put us down for 1.  We definitely want one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2007 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey does anyone Know if they are cast or Forged? Went to there page and could not find out material or making other than Milspec.
If they are cast, cut my order down to 1 please if forged keep at 2
thanks
Link Posted: 5/26/2007 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/26/2007 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#13]
awaiting word from admin
Link Posted: 5/28/2007 5:06:32 AM EDT
[#14]
edit
Link Posted: 5/28/2007 5:09:14 AM EDT
[#15]
pending
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#16]
good to go
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Still in for 2.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#19]
update, with answers re: markings, and forged vs. cast.

Lol, I see ya'll missed the "Forged in the Real World" logo
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm in for one for sure.

Also,   where is CombatarmsInstructor located in Al?

thanks.  He's in Shelby Co
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Not a great time financially. I'll regretfully have to pass.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Not a great time financially. I'll regretfully have to pass.

Sorry to hear that

Next steps for the rest of you -
1.  Now that we have the green light, I have contacted and am waiting reply back from AA.
2.  Determine ETA for production & delivery of xx amount of receivers & final price
3.  Gather funds for finalized number of receivers to be produced
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Cool. I see my first ar in the future
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I am in.
Final price will determine if I buy one or two.
Dan
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#27]
all questions but price answered
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Glad to see this is still moving forward.  Waiting for when and where to send funds.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#29]

we're getting closer.  I have to get them a finalized logo in a CDR or photoshop format, which I'm working with my BIL who is a draftsman.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
we're getting closer.  I have to get them a finalized logo in a CDR or photoshop format, which I'm working with my BIL who is a draftsman.

What about ScaryGuy, our resident logo expert?  

Didn't he want to take a crack at it once we decided on an overall design?

he's more than welcome to give it a shot too!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Will do.

Reg
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#33]

My BIL shot right back with the cleaned up logo (exact same thing, just cleaned up and in the correct CDR and photoshop formats), so with timeliness in mind I went ahead and submitted the logo for testing.  AA said it ran great.  Waiting to hear more.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:00:02 AM EDT
[#34]
so are these in production? how much is the confirmed pick up price down in lakeland? my x-wife lives down there, and i'm goign to pick up my son soon....
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
so are these in production? how much is the confirmed pick up price down in lakeland? my x-wife lives down there, and i'm goign to pick up my son soon....

I'm working on getting a sample sent for ya'lls viewing pleasure.  Aside from that, we need to get a static number of lowers to be produced.  Those of you on the unconfirmed list need to speak up.  I'll see what the price is on the two samples, if it will be the same as the others to come.  

Also, AA mentioned the option to add custom text such as your name, so I'll try and get a price on that too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Put me down for one and tell me where to send the money order!
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#39]
For sure I'll get one but if screen name is an option, how much will this raise the price? Hell I might get two!
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Count me in for 1.  I also need some more info on the extra engraving.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

anyway to get one without the ar15.com across it?
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:43:19 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm definitely in for 1 lower.

And I'm an FFL on the Gulf Coast of Alabama and will do the transfers on these lowers for the guys down here for $15 per 4473 filled out (up to 3 lowers).  

Woody
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

anyway to get one without the ar15.com across it?

negative.  more from AA:

When we do the big run, I would like to avoid the CC fees. The easiest would be to get a money order. We have some time for that.

I'll get the samples made up and get them to your FFL and you can open the ordering.

We can do the customizing feature for $5.00 as long as it is on the same side, in the location I'll mark for you.

We can also do some as pistol lowers if your guys want. We would mark them "Registered Pistol" to avoid any confusion. $5 would cover the registration and engraving for that as well.

and more to come
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Still in for two. Keep us posted on the when, where, and how much. I will send my FFL with payment when we get to that point.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Ok, we need to get a static number of lowers to be produced to AA.  Those of you unconfirmed need to let me know as soon as you can if you are definitely in or out.  

To reiterate pricing:

$100 per lower + plus shipping which will be no more and may be less than $9.50 on each + $5 for custom text line (pending staff approval).

CombatArmsInstructor has agreed to accept them for local guys to pick up, and ship to out-of-stater FFLs @ $12-$14 priority mail.

updated below

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 3:00:21 AM EDT
[#46]
How soon do you need the funds?
I think I might be in, just have to check finances when I get home tonight.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:13:28 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
How soon do you need the funds?
I think I might be in, just have to check finances when I get home tonight.

will probably be soon, like next few days.

Update on pricing, the shipping estimate has actually been lowered

Custom name or other line of text $5.00.

I think the preferred way to handle this is ya'll get the funds and info regarding what you want to me, and I give the final sum and info to AA.

Guys, this is a heck of a deal.  I'm going to be tickled to see them roll in.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:52:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
any word on length of additional text?

i am thinking "ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM" might be kinda cool

I got your IM but will answer here:  AA says 20-25 characters for best look

AA and I have discussed production time and time to get everyone's prepayment in and have concluded that it would be ideal to officially open ordering on July 1 for 45 days - that should give everybody plenty of time to save up and make the decision.

I hope for the samples to be in soon, and if you want to after you take a look-see, email me per the "email user" button that you see above this post I will give you my mailing address for the MOs.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:00:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top