Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2003 4:26:45 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a reputable AR builder in central or southern Illinois or Indiana?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Gary-G23, what type of work do you need done?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:26:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a RRA stripped lower that I would like built into a M4 style carbine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:33:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Build your own.  There is more than enough information within this site to do so accurately and reliably.

I did, and I'm a better person for it.  Chicks dig me now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Build yourself Gary-G23, you won't be sorry.

Any interest in doing a Hoosi-AR BIY workshop one of these days?

I'm just talking about a one-day thing. Ten or fifteen greasy-fingered members interested in bringing punches, pads, extra pins, files, a couple vises, vise-blocks, strap wrenches, etc.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#6]
That would be cool as hell....I bet we could get a room at ML's library!

lol..

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Any interest in doing a Hoosi-AR BIY workshop one of these days?

I'm just talking about a one-day thing. Ten or fifteen greasy-fingered members interested in bringing punches, pads, extra pins, files, a couple vises, vise-blocks, strap wrenches, etc.

That would be cool...I'd be interested.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a new lower coming when my Bro flies out for Thanksgiving.  I could join in if it is after that.  This will be my first build.  Quantico lower, and I am thinking stuby LE stock and light weight upper with pencil barrel.  Similar to the light weight bushmaster.

Any suggestions for uppers like that?  I have looked at M&A and JT Distributing.

Wilson, did you see my picture in the Pharos Tribune about a week ago?  Pioneer Panthers original Football team reunion from "79"!!  I spent the night just a few miles from your place.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd try Darryl's in Cayuga IN if you don't think you can do it yourself.
Nice guy and a pretty good store to boot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:00:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in for the BIY. I'll start gathering parts. When's the next 1500 show?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if there'd more interest if it was two rifles. Maybe an FAL like the VA guys are doing:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=171822

Anyone know anything about those things, or would we have to kidnap a VA member?

Seems like it'd be kind of a nice project for the dead of winter...
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I have built FAls with a crescent wrench and a $10 rural king vice. Easy. Time/hand fit the bbl and swich the US parts. Check headspace. Fire.Let me know, jerryboy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top