Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2013 6:54:57 AM EDT
I recently picked up a new 4 wheeler and I am looking for places to rise that are not too far away from the metro. I am located in Northern Brooklyn Park. Anyone know of anything close?
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About a hour north
View Quote

Which trail?
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 3:44:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Fun trails down by Hastings too. Don't recall the names. DNR site prolly has a list.

snake creek:
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/trail_detail.html?id=21
trout valley:
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/trail_detail.html?id=34
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, it looks like finding a place to ride near the metro is harder than finding a gun range. Right now it looks like the closest place for me to ride is the Tri County Park in Faribault.
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]
and it is a gravel pit (faribo)  . fun once but not fun after that. . in a few weeks you can ride in the ditches in some areas
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
and it is a gravel pit (faribo)  . fun once but not fun after that. . in a few weeks you can ride in the ditches in some areas
View Quote

Is there new legislation or are you talking about the agricultural area stuff?
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#7]
the ditches or closed most of the summer for nesting birds and will open again in the fall. each county has its own laws on which roads you can run the ditches most of that info is in the regulations booklet you will get from the DMV
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Wow, it looks like finding a place to ride near the metro is harder than finding a gun range. Right now it looks like the closest place for me to ride is the Tri County Park in Faribault.
View Quote

You didn't think about places to ride before spending $5-$10K?

The two best places in the state are Nemadji or Paul Bunyan State Forests.  Nemadji is about 100 miles from you, and is really the closest place to the cities worth driving for.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The two best places in the state are Nemadji or Paul Bunyan State Forests.  Nemadji is about 100 miles from you, and is really the closest place to the cities worth driving for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew there probably would not be anything too close, but I was trying to be a little optimistic. With my previous ATV I did a lot of riding at the Tri County Park and at the St. Croix trails by Danbury. I guess I will just have to keep driving a distance to ride.

Does anyone know if you can ride ATVs on the snowmobile trails in NW Anoka County during the summer? I spoke with an Anoka Deputy today and he said he was not sure, but he thought that it would be okay to ride there.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By l_Ferret_l

Does anyone know if you can ride ATVs on the snowmobile trails in NW Anoka County during the summer? I spoke with an Anoka Deputy today and he said he was not sure, but he thought that it would be okay to ride there.
View Quote

Not unless they are signed as open for ATV use.   The snowmobilers hate ATV people.   But as the climate changes, there is more and more demand for winter ATV trails so I predict that will slowly change as people figure out is stupid to spend 10 Grand on something that's only useful a couple months of the year.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Head to Onamia area and hit the Soon Line.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

BORING!  100 miles of flat, straight trail.  Did most of it once, never again!
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Chengwatana east of Pine City used to be ok..been several years since I've been there though
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't get good till mile marker 101 ;)
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#15]
South soo line.  

Drop trailer in onimia  ride east there is a pretty cool one way loop and you have the red top loop.  Great trails the sooline itself is boring. But the loops are the best.

Also nice loop in pine center

Better areas are Gilbert and spider lake.  Other are a few loops off the north spp line
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Spider lake isn't bad but gilbert is the best. Gilbert is a long drive so I try to stay at the hotel close by to get some riding in when I go. Haven't been up there since they expanded it. Been awhile since I have been to spider lake too. Anyone willing to get a group together and ride?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Spider lake isn't bad but gilbert is the best. Gilbert is a long drive so I try to stay at the hotel close by to get some riding in when I go. Haven't been up there since they expanded it. Been awhile since I have been to spider lake too. Anyone willing to get a group together and ride?
View Quote

I would be up for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top