Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2010 7:56:47 AM EDT
I heard some of you were interested in this company so here is my review thus far. I know I have a long road of torturing these AR before they get a seal of approval, but so far so good.

Accurate Armory (Accurate Tool)
M4 Carbine

Specs:
Upper Reciever
Daniel Defense CHF 16inch Chrome lined, 1x7 twist barrel
M4 Feed ramps
Full Auto bolt Carrier (MPI)
Standard Chargering handle
KAC rail system

Lower Reciever
Mil-spec Buffer tube
H2 Buffer
Semi-auto trigger group
Standard trigger guard
Single Point Sling plate

Accessories:
TI-7 Buttstock (FG)
TI A2 Pistol Grip (FG)
Kwikguard Rail Covers (FG)

First thoughts and brief description:
First and foremost it has been a pleasure simply getting the opportunity to handle this fine weapon. The fit and finish are excellent. The attention to the smallest detail is absolutely amazing. It has been awhile since I have been handed a weapon and instantly thought, “This thing is Solid”. There is no rattle between the upper and lower receiver. Yes, I know this doesn’t affect function, but it is nice all the same. The furniture supplied by Tactical Intent is great. The stock is probably my favorite accessory on the weapon. It locks up tight on the buffer tube and there is no play once locked. It has a nice cheek weld that most shooters have come to appreciate and choose not to be without. The stock also includes two storage compartment, similar to the SOPMOD and EMOD, and a place for a QD attachment as well. Everyone knows about the KAC, so I will not go into detail about that rail, but will mention the rail covers themselves. The Kwikguards also provided by Tactical Intent were designed to snap on exactly where you need them, there is no sliding them on and off. This is a great feature especially for people who are running Bipods, Taclights, and VFGs.

First Time at the Range:
Immediately after receiving the carbines we at RWI Tactical took them to the range for a quick barrel break-in and just to get an initial feel of the weapon. Due to the lack of daylight, we did not get to spend as much time at the range as we would have liked, but that will be remedied quickly in the coming weeks. The first thing I notice upon firing the first round is that everything cycled smoothly and that the round ejected landed about 10ft away to my rear. I was simply stunned and that left little doubt in my mind that this weapon was gonna extract anything I put into it. This first trip we used primarily brass ammo during the barrel break in, but I did fire a few rounds of steel case just to make sure the weapon would cycle them. Everything functioned flawlessly with no malfunction of any kind. We were pleased all around about everything this weapon was showing us.

Conclusion:
In short this weapon has set very high expectations for the future. I have now doubts that this M4 will meet the standards given. I look forward to more testing as well as running these carbines at future training events. We at RWI Tactical are proud to be using and promoting a local (Lexington based) company that has produced such a high quality weapon that will surely be on par with all other Top Tier AR manufactures.

Wish we could have had a few range pics to go along with this Review… but somebody forgot bring extra batteries for the camera…. I’m talking about you 325MOUTguru lol. However here is a pic of the weapon themselves upon arrival to the RWI family, to give you an idea of the options available from Tactical Intent and Accurate Armory.

Link Posted: 12/10/2010 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#1]
is there a locking mechanism on the stock?
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I handled one of these guns for about 15 min at the gun show in Lex. . These are some of the top tier rifles out there with a lower price range. The stock is a creation of there own I believe and at first glance i thought it was a sopmod but when I looked closer found it not to be. This stock is simply better, period, than the sopmod. It locks up rock and I mean rock solid with one of the best cheek welds out there. The barrel is cold hammer forged and has the thick coating like Daniel defense and bushmaster. The upper to lower fit is tight as can be. Finish is spot on. Best of all the people are top notch and not only know what there doing but also listen to and know what we want in an AR. My next ar will definately be one from them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 5:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]
All I can find is stocks and such.  Where are these rifles on the internets?
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

All I can find is stocks and such. Where are these rifles on the internets?

I think Slingpoint sells them.

Link Posted: 12/12/2010 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Meh.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 4:26:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Meh.

What?

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Overly-saturated and currently soft market.
Name rips off CMT and LMT.
Only place I've seen them is Slingpoint.
What will an $950 AMT do that a $659 Doublestar won't?

Good Luck!  

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good Luck!  

First off have you even seen or handled there weapons? Second Accurate Tool is not a rip off of LMT, Accurate Tool was originaly a custom tool and die maker and have been around since 1991. The actual manufacture of the ARs is Accurate Armory, but because they liked the roll mark and because Accurate Tool was the original roll mark on the first batch of ARs they decided to stick with that.

Next, Accurate Armory and Tactical Intent do not associate with slingpoint at this time, and the AR's that sling point are selling are the first batch made. So the specs you see on there website are not accurate.

As for what an AT Carbine can do that Doublestar wont...hmmm lets see how bout everything. Doublestar AR's are primarily all commerical where as AT's AR are all Milspec. The Base model AT carbine runs for about $750 all Milspec with a match grade barrel. There higher end model that comes with TI furniture and rail sytem along with a DD chromelined CHF barrel is roughly $1199. Anyway for $90 more than the double star you get a base model AR that is of a much higher quality and I do mean a MUCH higher quality.

If anyone is actually interested in seeing these weapons you can check out:
Evans Firearms and Archery located in Lexington or Semper Fi Firearms located in Nicholasville. Accurate Armory will also have a website up in the coming weeks so you will be able to check out there products online as well.

So Kentucky_Smith before you go talking $h!t about a company especially a local company, you may wanna get your facts straight. If you have any legitimate question or concerns feel free to PM me and I'll give you all the correct info you would like.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Give me a call and I'll let you see one in person... in fact txt imbound
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give me a call and I'll let you see one in person... in fact txt imbound

Range time!    I"m off the rest of the week. Lets go!  
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 1:46:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I would like to buy a pair of their buttstocks, I got to play with one at the fall shoot.  They are an improvement on the LMT design.  Is there a website I can buy them from?

ETA
Nevermind, I found them HERE for $90 each.  I do wish they had an OD one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Luck!  

First off have you even seen or handled there weapons? Second Accurate Tool is not a rip off of LMT, Accurate Tool was originaly a custom tool and die maker and have been around since 1991. The actual manufacture of the ARs is Accurate Armory, but because they liked the roll mark and because Accurate Tool was the original roll mark on the first batch of ARs they decided to stick with that.

Next, Accurate Armory and Tactical Intent do not associate with slingpoint at this time, and the AR's that sling point are selling are the first batch made. So the specs you see on there website are not accurate.

As for what an AT Carbine can do that Doublestar wont...hmmm lets see how bout everything. Doublestar AR's are primarily all commerical where as AT's AR are all Milspec. The Base model AT carbine runs for about $750 all Milspec with a match grade barrel. There higher end model that comes with TI furniture and rail sytem along with a DD chromelined CHF barrel is roughly $1199. Anyway for $90 more than the double star you get a base model AR that is of a much higher quality and I do mean a MUCH higher quality.

Evans Firearms and Archery located in Lexington or Semper Fi Firearms located in Nicholasville. Accurate Armory will also have a website up in the coming weeks so you will be able to check out there products online as well.

So Kentucky_Smith before you go talking $h!t about a company especially a local company, you may wanna get your facts straight. If you have any legitimate question or concerns feel free to PM me and I'll give you all the correct info you would like.

Exactly what is milspec?  What's your affiliation?  Had they been in business 5 years ago, they may have had a much better chance.    Like I said, Good Luck!
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Luck!  

Exactly what is milspec?  What's your affiliation?  Had they been in business 5 years ago, they may have had a much better chance.    Like I said, Good Luck!

If you need to ask what milspec means, I think your on the wrong forum... so good luck to ya friend
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I will leave this HERE

carry on.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I will leave this HERE

carry on.

Spoil sport.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will leave this HERE

carry on.

Spoil sport.  

Sorry I wasn't up for a good ole fashion twenty page mil-spec-off.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#17]
... anyway they are very well built ARs and I'll try to have updated range reports every so often.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't think that anyone who actually knows what there talking about means that the term "milspec" when referred to an AR-15 actually means the same rifle as what the military uses. I think that is understood by most. I mean you have to be living on the moon to not know that you can't have a full automatic made today. However you can still have the same barrel steel, same bolt carrier with the heat treatments and magnetic partical inspections, the same stock extension, same forged upper/lower except for the one hole on a full auto, same flash suppressor, same mags, same ammo, same sights, and on and on if purchased from a good company. I think everyone is passed the other stuff to know the term "milspec" means everything but what the army uses.

I have handled the rifles from Accurate tool extensively and looked at them inside and out although I have yet to fire one. I can tell you that they are everything that a Daniel defense rifle is, or Spikes, or BCM, or most of the other companies out there that claim to sell top tier rifles. They use the same  CHF barrels on there best rifles that Daniel Defense uses. Have MP tested full auto bolt carriers. Quality parts kits and there stocks are some of the best out there. You have to put one to your shoulder to appreciate it. Like was said above I think there better than the sopmod they look like. They lock up rock solid. I can tell you the next ar I buy will be off of them because they are local and are doing it right. Not only that I can speak to the people that build the rifles fact to face and there friendly people. Shouldn't we support the people from our own part of the country first?
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't think that anyone who actually knows what there talking about means that the term "milspec" when referred to an AR-15 actually means the same rifle as what the military uses. I think that is understood by most. I mean you have to be living on the moon to not know that you can't have a full automatic made today. However you can still have the same barrel steel, same bolt carrier with the heat treatments and magnetic partical inspections, the same stock extension, same forged upper/lower except for the one hole on a full auto, same flash suppressor, same mags, same ammo, same sights, and on and on if purchased from a good company. I think everyone is passed the other stuff to know the term "milspec" means everything but what the army uses.

I have handled the rifles from Accurate tool extensively and looked at them inside and out although I have yet to fire one. I can tell you that they are everything that a Daniel defense rifle is, or Spikes, or BCM, or most of the other companies out there that claim to sell top tier rifles. They use the same  CHF barrels on there best rifles that Daniel Defense uses. Have MP tested full auto bolt carriers. Quality parts kits and there stocks are some of the best out there. You have to put one to your shoulder to appreciate it. Like was said above I think there better than the sopmod they look like. They lock up rock solid. I can tell you the next ar I buy will be off of them because they are local and are doing it right. Not only that I can speak to the people that build the rifles fact to face and there friendly people. Shouldn't we support the people from our own part of the country first?

This!

They are great guys, that make an outstanding product.  Not to mention they are in KY.  
Having one of their rifles I can honestly say that I would put it up against Colt, DD, Spike's ....etc and that the next rifle I buy will be an AT.
I will be using their stock on my current and future SBR builds.  That stock is very comfortable and rock solid!  
Link Posted: 12/23/2010 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Another +1 what each of the two posts above this one said.
Link Posted: 12/24/2010 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I hope to have an updated review and pics in the next couple weeks. So far the AR has preformed flawlessly, but I'd like to get at least 1k rounds ran threw her by the next review. So I'll post that up when I get it done.
Link Posted: 12/24/2010 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Reference the American Rifleman article:

"I don’t have to tell you what “AR” stands for, that it’s a generic moniker for any modern sporting rifle copied from Colt’s original AR-15 semi-automatic version of the M16 developed for the U.S. military."  If the writer can't get the origins of AR right then I am suspect of everything else in the article. Anyone with even basic knowledge knows AR stands for Armalite. The AR15 was degigned by Armalite and sold to Colt. The AR 10, 30, 50, 17, 24, 7, etc are all Armalites and when rights were sold to other companies they carried the AR designation with them as seen with the AR7 which is with it's 5th or so manufacturer.

Milspec just means it meets a set of specifications. Milspec doesn't mean you are getting a superior product, just that it meets these specifications. In the motor vehicle world many OEM specifications for civilian vehicles greatly exceed military specs. There are similar situations in the weapons world.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to fire one of these new Kentucky guns soon.

Link Posted: 12/24/2010 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/24/2010 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
no pictures.... fail

Here ya go, I had pics up earlier and ended up taking them down cause it was a bad pic. However, here is the one I'm testing as it sit right now.

Link Posted: 12/25/2010 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
no pictures.... fail

Here ya go, I had pics up earlier and ended up taking them down cause it was a bad pic. However, here is the one I'm testing as it sit right now.

Hey, would have happen to have been at 2010 Spring Arfcom shoot? I may have traded BUIS with you. Looks like you have my old GG&G sights on the Accurate tool M4
Link Posted: 12/25/2010 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
no pictures.... fail

Hey, would have happen to have been at 2010 Spring Arfcom shoot? I may have traded BUIS with you. Looks like you have my old GG&G sights on the Accurate tool M4

Yes sir, that would be me and yes that is the GG&G Buis on AT M4
Link Posted: 12/26/2010 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Reference the American Rifleman article:

"I don’t have to tell you what “AR” stands for, that it’s a generic moniker for any modern sporting rifle copied from Colt’s original AR-15 semi-automatic version of the M16 developed for the U.S. military."  If the writer can't get the origins of AR right then I am suspect of everything else in the article. Anyone with even basic knowledge knows AR stands for Armalite. The AR15 was degigned by Armalite and sold to Colt. The AR 10, 30, 50, 17, 24, 7, etc are all Armalites and when rights were sold to other companies they carried the AR designation with them as seen with the AR7 which is with it's 5th or so manufacturer.

Milspec just means it meets a set of specifications. Milspec doesn't mean you are getting a superior product, just that it meets these specifications. In the motor vehicle world many OEM specifications for civilian vehicles greatly exceed military specs. There are similar situations in the weapons world.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to fire one of these new Kentucky guns soon.

AR has become a generic name for ALL rifles built on the AR platform. AR did originally refer to the Armalite models AR-10, AR-15, etc., but Colt now owns the rights to the AR moniker. This is why most "ARs" have a model numbers such as R-15, A-4, MP-15, etc... I don't think the author was writing the article to discuss the origin of the AR tag. Discounting the whole article because the author didn't clearly explain the origin of AR moniker is not really a rational decision. This is AR15.com and the last time I checked the Armalite discussions are pretty quite here.

To me the point of the article is to explain this term MIL-SPEC we hear applied to all sorts of items is really marketing hype. I am not spending more money on a product just because the manufacture says it meets military standards, I have used TP that was MIL-SPEC and i am not interested in that either. MIL-SPEC is to ARs what "green" is to most products a giant marketing gimmick.

I have handled the stocks made from AMT and own some rail covers also. Rail covers are OK, nothing ground shaking . I was interested in the stock as it looks like a SOPMOD stock. The stocks I have a issue with after looking it over for a few minutes. The hole in the stock which I would expect to be a quick disconnect socket was just a hole, unlike the one that it looks like which has a QD socket. I am not a big fan of "our new product looks like a XYZ but its not really.".  I definitely believe in supporting local businesses, but you still need to build a comparable if not a better product than others. With that being said I look forward to see and handling the AMT "AR".  I will be looking for them at the next gun show. I hope they turn out to be a "tier one" manufacture and wish them nothing but success.

Link Posted: 12/26/2010 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#28]
If the author set out to write a fact-based article then he should get all of the facts correct. People tend to look at articles like this as "the truth" and use them to support their arguments. Like I said, the first thing I saw was that the author didn't get his "facts" right concerning the AR moniker. To me this means that if he didn't get this right then everything else is suspect as well.

For the record, Colt only bought the AR15 from Armalite, nothing else. That's why for all of those long years other companies used M-15, BAR-15, etc for their 5.56/223 offerings and no one else makes an AR10 besides Armalite. Also, the reason you don't see a lot of Armalite postings throughout ARFCOM is that they have their own little section here that most Armalite owners tend to stick too.

Link Posted: 12/26/2010 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If the author set out to write a fact-based article then he should get all of the facts correct. People tend to look at articles like this as "the truth" and use them to support their arguments. Like I said, the first thing I saw was that the author didn't get his "facts" right concerning the AR moniker. To me this means that if he didn't get this right then everything else is suspect as well.

For the record, Colt only bought the AR15 from Armalite, nothing else. That's why for all of those long years other companies used M-15, BAR-15, etc for their 5.56/223 offerings and no one else makes an AR10 besides Armalite. Also, the reason you don't see a lot of Armalite postings throughout ARFCOM is that they have their own little section here that most Armalite owners tend to stick too.

I have no idea what the author set out to do and I can't comment on that. But AR is the common use generic term for the civilian version of the rifle that Gugene Stoner invented while working for Armalite. AR is like Chanel Locks, Crescent Wrench, Xerox Machine, PC,ETC...I'm not going to argue semantics on this point.

The AR-10 was manufactured by several all over the world.  AR-10. Should I discount everything I now read from you?  

This has drifted far enuff from the OP's original post. Still I will wait till I see and handle their "AR" before I make any decision on them.

ETA: For clarity.

Link Posted: 12/27/2010 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea what the author set out to do and I can't comment on that. But AR is the common use generic term for the civilian version of the rifle that Gugene Stoner invented while working for Armalite. AR is like Chanel Locks, Crescent Wrench, Xerox Machine, PC,ETC...I'm not going to argue semantics on this point.

The AR-10 was manufactured by several all over the world.  AR-10. Should I discount everything I now read from you?  

This has drifted far enuff from the OP's original post. Still I will wait till I see and handle their "AR" before I make any decision on them.

ETA: For clarity.

My wife already discounts everytrhing I say so I'm used to it. lol. And yes, Armalite did license the AR10 to the dutch just as it did with the AR18/180 to Sterling and Howa. I suppose I should have said Armalite and their licensee. But it wasn't sold to them outright as the AR15 and AR7 was. Now, back to the AMT stuff

Link Posted: 12/27/2010 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Looks and sounds like a really nice carbine - and great job capturing both feeding and ejection on that second pic.
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Well I Picked up a complete LE model from Accurate Tool at there shop two weeks ago and have been totally impressed!! I have only had a chance to run it hard twice. Total of 630 rounds and Not one problem, Extremely well built and Finished very nicely. I took the tour of the shop when I was there, they machine there own lowers and uppers, my lower had NO forge flashing like my spikes rifles have. The LE model that I purchased came with a 16" Dainel Defense cold hammer forged barrel 1-7 twist and there TI-7 stock that is flat out GREAT! Much lighter than my SOPMOD. Only down fall is not QD swivel, which I asked Mr Pitts when I was there about and they said the new modelis almost finished and they will be offering update kits for the stocks now. Overall I am impressed by the rifle, they machine there products not assemble parts. As a Machinist thats really a plus for me.

Link Posted: 2/12/2011 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well I Picked up a complete LE model from Accurate Tool at there shop two weeks ago and have been totally impressed!! I have only had a chance to run it hard twice. Total of 630 rounds and Not one problem, Extremely well built and Finished very nicely. I took the tour of the shop when I was there, they machine there own lowers and uppers, my lower had NO forge flashing like my spikes rifles have. The LE model that I purchased came with a 16" Dainel Defense cold hammer forged barrel 1-7 twist and there TI-7 stock that is flat out GREAT! Much lighter than my SOPMOD. Only down fall is not QD swivel, which I asked Mr Pitts when I was there about and they said the new modelis almost finished and they will be offering update kits for the stocks now. Overall I am impressed by the rifle, they machine there products not assemble parts. As a Machinist thats really a plus for me.
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/brycebentley/IMAG0420.jpg
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/brycebentley/IMAG0419.jpg
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/brycebentley/IMAG0441.jpg
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/brycebentley/IMAG0436.jpg
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/brycebentley/IMAG0435.jpg

That is a great looking rifle and Keith is an outstanding guy to do business with.
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Keith has my business once i return from the sandbox. Just gotta make my mind up on what i want. Decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Keith has my business once i return from the sandbox. Just gotta make my mind up on what i want. Decisions, decisions.

You made a great choice...thank you for your service and stay safe!
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 6:21:06 AM EDT
[#36]
I recently bought an Accurate Tool stripped lower in a group buy with some guys from my local area.  When I picked up the lower the first thing I asked is "So what's the big hype with these lowers?"  That's when I was handed another type of lower to compare it to.  I forget what the other lower was, but it was pretty clear that the Accurate Tool lower was built with attention to detail.  Just the little things, like the flared magwell, the marks most other lowers have the AT lower does not.  It's a nice looking lower with nice rollmarks and crisp, clean lines.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#37]
I think the company should give an AR to Pat Rogers to beat up. If it passes Pat's tests, is definitely good to go. His guys beat the living $hit out of there stuff
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#38]
where would I find a stripped lower for AT?
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
where would I find a stripped lower for AT?

You can either contact keith or you can pm myself and I can give you whatever info you need
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#40]
PM sent
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 3:02:42 AM EDT
[#41]
I always like seeing KY companies doing good. I wish them the best and may look to them for my next build.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top