Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 11:43:47 PM EDT
The Great Pumpkin Highpower Rifle Match is  being held on November 6, 2004 (registration begins at 8:00 a.m. - first shot at 9:00 a.m.) and hosted by Reading Rifle & Revolver Club, Inc.. This is  a full 600 yd course of fire.

The match director is Gurrie Fandozzi [email protected] and he can be contacted for more details.

There will be some excellent prizes, including a stag arms  m4  complete flat-top  upper receiver assembly,  17" bbl w/compensator, ready for your choice of sights and in left or right handed configuration.  This has been donated by Mark Malkowski, president of Stag Arms. www.stagarms.com. This will be given out in a random drawing and all match participants are eligible.

I'll be shooting the match, hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:46:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Chris
I think the son and I will be there
Did you see the email about a care package for Derrick? Great idea to help support a friend serving!!

Peter
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Here are some more details:

The Great Pumpkin Highpower Rifle Match is being hosted by the Reading Rifle & Revolver Club, Inc. of Reading, Mass. and the net proceeds from the match go to benefit the junior program at Reading.  

The match is scheduled for November 6, 2004 and registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and first down range should be at 9:00 a.m..

This is a full distance (200, 300 and 600 yards) match.  There will be 50 shots for record with unlimted sighters.  This is a great first full-distance highpower rifle match.  There will be a 2 minute sighting period in which you can shoot as many sighters as pit service provides.  This is a great way to confirm your zeros.

Coaching is allowed and encouraged.  I have some excellent shooters/coaches coming to the match and they are willing to be peared with new shooters.

The entry fee is $10.00 for adults and juniors shoot for free.  There will be a 2-person non-fired team match.  The team entry fee is $5.00.  All of the net proceeds from the individual match will be given to the junior program.  50% of the team entry fees will be returned to the paying team(s) (juniors can enter for free - no $$$ awards).  The remaining fees will go to support the junior program.

This match has a fantastic prize table.  The match's GOLD sponsor is STAG ARMS.  The fine folks at STAG ARMS have donated free and clear, a complete M-4 (less sights) upper to be used as a drawing at large prize (YES YOU READ RIGHT A COMPLETE UPPER - MARK WAS EXTREMELY GENEROUS TO THE MATCH AND JUNIOR PROGRAM).  This will be awarded at the social scheduled for the end of the match.  This is a huge prize and well worth coming out for.  Other match sponsors include Precision Shooting, Sierra bullets, Krieger Barrels, Hornady bullets, DPMS and a local gun shop for the high Mass. shooter.

Anyone interested in additional details, a match bulletin or to sign-up should contact me at [email protected]

Matches don't get any better - you are shooting to help Juniors and you can win a great prize from STAG ARMS and other sponsors too.

Hope to see you there.

Gurrie Fandozzi
Match Director
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:06:47 AM EDT
[#3]
hey Gurrie!!!

Peter and Justin
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a plan - I'll try to round up some of my fellow active duty military friends around here to participate.......
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like fun, 600yrds! ooooooooooooooyeah! I hope the weather co-operates. I'll only be watching if I make it there, I have a bad shootin"shoulder currently!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Directions from RI???? Or at least an adress for mapquest ??

--sgw
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Directions from RI???? Or at least an adress for mapquest ??

--sgw

here you go...

www.readingrifle.com/directions.htm

FROM THE NORTH: ( Boston )

Take I-93 North
At I-93 Exit 37A, turn off onto ramp

Merge onto  I-95 North/RT-128 N towards PEABODY

At I-95 exit number 40- towards WAKEFIELD CTR./N. READING turn off onto ramp

Coming off the ramp go around the rotary and go back under 128 and stay in the right lane

Haverhill St is the first street on the right, you will see the National Guard Base on the right side at the
beginning of the street

Continue up the street for about one mile.  On your right you will see the sign for the Burlington Ice arena  and Reading Rifle.  On the left is a church.

Take a right onto the same street as the ice arena, but stay on the right side of the road and continue up
the road past the ice arena.  The road splits left for the arena and right for the gun club.

You will come to The Gate of the Club
Continue thru the gate, proceed along the road until you come to the main club house.

FROM THE : SOUTH  ( New Hampshire )
I-93 South, entering Massachusetts

Take the I-95 N/RT-128 N exit- exit number 38- towards PEABODY

Merge onto I-95 North
At I-95 exit number 40- towards WAKEFIELD CTR./N. READING turn off onto ramp

Coming off the ramp go around the rotary and go back under 128 and stay in the right lane

Haverhill St is the first street on the right, you will see the National Guard Base on the right side at the
beginning of the street

Continue up the street for about one mile.  On your right you will see the sign for the Burlington Ice arena  and Reading Rifle.  On the left is a church.

Take a right onto the same street as the ice arena, but stay on the right side of the road and continue up
the road past the ice arena.  The road splits left for the arena and right for the gun club.

You will come to The Gate of the Club
Continue thru the gate, proceed along the road until you come to the main club house.

Link Posted: 11/7/2004 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Was a great match and was nice to see some of you for the first time
Thanks to Gurrie for all his work and it was great to see a CT junior win the Stag complete upper- it was peeerrtty.
Link Posted: 11/7/2004 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a great time at the match. Your members were outstanding.

Shooting 600 yards was a challange but with the support of other shooters I managed to post a somewhat respectable score.

I'll be back for another run as soon as you host another event.

Link Posted: 11/7/2004 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I had an awesome time Saturday - thanks again to everyone there for all the help. Being a newbie to high power rifle shooting, the coaching and what not didn't go unnoticed and was extremely beneficial to me.  As soon as I get my Mass LTC, I'll be at some range shooting every weekend I'm home.  I have been shooting AR15's and M16's since I was 18 but I never knew in person just how much accuracy they were capable of in a match weapon. Thanks again - and I plan to be at future rifle matches in the area, but then I should have my AR15's and FAL's down here - can't wait............

I'll try to get more Coasties out shooting....Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:37:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Had fun pulling with you guys also, lucky they had me pull 4 instead of my target.
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Great time for me also. I'd also never thought AR's were so accurate @600M. Thanks Gurrie, great time!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top