Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2003 6:32:20 AM EDT
While I can't comment on many of the places you guys have identified, I can state that I would NEVER buy a firearm from Outdoor America.  Because I am a glutton for punishment, I've been popping in there since it was called Fred Baker Firearms just off of 23rd, before they moved to the new place.  There is maybe one guy working there that isn't a prick.  The only thing I ever get from them is primers or maybe a jug of powder.  Oh, that and attitude.  I get plenty of that.  Total cheesedicks that don't care at all about you, your guns, your needs/wants, or service.  I don't even think they want to sell stuff, 'cause they'll leave you standing around.  The web is truly a better place for most stuff.

Oops.  Should have posted this under the dealer thread.  I'm still trying to figure the system out.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I remember when it was still called FBF and located back up the street in the strip mall on the southeast corner of NW 23rd and MacArthur. When I've gone in there to window shop, those guys have birddogged me like I was a shoplifter. In my hip pocket everywhere I turn. When I've gone in there to get something, I could probably have an epileptic fit and never receive any attention. Really professional.

I went in there once to pick up some powder and bullets for a guy at work. He wanted some Vihtavouri N110 and OAS/FBF was one of the only places in the City who carried it at the time. I get the powder and head to the counter for the bullets (110 grain .357 JHP). The guy asks me, "What are you gonna use 'em for?" WTF?!!!! What difference does it make? I tell him I'm just picking up some things for someone else. "Oh, you know that Vithavouri powder? They lied about a lot of their data on that stuff. It doesn't really live up to the manufacturer's claims."

So I said, "Really? You've used a lot of it? I've been using N140 in my 7mm-08 and .308 for awhile now and my velocities have been very close to what's published in their load book."

"Well no, I've never reloaded. That's what I heard."

WHAT KIND OF MORON WOULD ENGAGE SOMEONE IN A CONVERSATION AND SAY SOMETHING THAT PROFOUNDLY IGNORANT AND STILL EXPECT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY?!!!!!!

All I can say is, if they had any idea what kind of money I've spent on firearms and firearm-related items, they'd treat me a whole helluva lot better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top