Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2010 4:37:35 PM EDT
I've done some internet searching, but just can't find a list of local stations with ethanol-free gas. Does anyone here know of any in the Richmond area?
Link Posted: 6/6/2010 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Southern States in Staunton has it...don't know if you have one nearby.
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 6:22:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The BP stations in Fredericksburg don't have the warning lables so I assume they are ethanol free.  I would bet the richmond stations use the same gas.
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Try a marina. The price of fuel will be higher but good chance its not ethanol mix
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Try a marina. The price of fuel will be higher but good chance its not ethanol mix

My understanding is this can get you in boocooos of trouble and most marinas will not put fuel in your vehicle.  Marinas do not pay the same taxes (ie road taxes) that gas stations have added  in the cost of their fuel.

And some marinas are actually using the ethanol gas as well.

Link Posted: 6/7/2010 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
We had a thread about this around 6 months ago.  General consensus was that big name stations are ethanol.  Southern States was rumored to sell E-free gas, but the ones I called said they didn't have it.  The only lead I have is a small station on 220 near Roanoke (between 460 and 81).  I plan to take a trailer and about 20 gas cans next time I head that way.
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#6]
South West Va.   Exit 35 Chilhowie has non-ethanol gas.   That is where I get all of mine from.   I have to take my Stihl weedeater tomorrow to have a clean and tune up done.   The last 6 years of ethanol gas have about made it impossible to start.   Spark plug, fuel filter and new air filter helped for about 1/2 of a season.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 4:50:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I have to correct my previous post.  The BP in Fredericksburg is now labled as containing Ethanol.  I used them a few months ago and I swear it was not labled.  Maybe I missed it, but its there now.  Sorry 'bout that.

I hate Ethanol.
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 5:27:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I get my gas from the no store type Q-Stops (billed monthly) and they say their gas is ethanol free. I was always under the impression that ethanol gas was primarily sold in places where emission checks during inspection are required. I always figured if the sign was not in place it was ethanol free. Please correct me if I am wrong as I wish to avoid ethanol if I can.
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 6:11:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Not to horn in on y'alls HTF, but I found that the distributor of gasoline had added an ethanol free pump.  It is $.30 to 50 more per gallon, but I like starting my small engines on the first pull and not replacing fuel lines each spring.

Well worth it.  

Locally, I get it from Strickland Oil, which is a company who trucks to the gas stations and fills their tanks.  I am sure you have something similar up there.  

I believe I found them in the yellow pages under "fuel distributors".  

Good luck.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 6:31:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My understanding is this can get you in boocooos of trouble and most marinas will not put fuel in your vehicle.  Marinas do not pay the same taxes (ie road taxes) that gas stations have added  in the cost of their fuel.

And some marinas are actually using the ethanol gas as well.

why would marinas pay any different taxes since the road tax is added onto the price of the fuel NOT paid for by the seller? also the gas stations havent added the tax, the state and feds have. the seller has no choice but to collect the tax. unless the marina specifically says "for off road use only" on its pump or next to its tank then there is no way to get in any kind of trouble. living in an area that has water on 3 sides i have NEVER seen regular gas pumps at any marina say "for off road use only". i ahve only ever seen that on diesel and of course that is died red.

Link Posted: 6/8/2010 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top