Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/24/2009 5:13:17 AM EDT
Who's going?  Saw an add for it on TV the other night.

Also, beware of new traffic pattern off of RT 28 getting there.  Check the website for details.

Dulles Expo
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 5:18:36 AM EDT
[#1]
We'll be there doing the CHP permit classes.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Going there in the morning when it opens.  I hope to trade/sell off a few things.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the new traffic pattern sucks. Basically, you only have access if you are coming from/going to the north. You can exit from southbound 28 onto Willard and turn left at the new traffic lights, or exit Willard heading north on 28 towards Herndon/Loudoun. IF you are coming from the south, you should get off at Westfields, head north, then hang that left on Willard. If you want to head south, you can go back the same way, or head around Stonecroft.

Link Posted: 7/24/2009 6:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be the guy walking around with the XD45 for sale when the show opens today (Friday)
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I may be there on Saturday but not buying anything just trying to sell my Sig.  The question is should I bring my NM Garand to sell, AKA comic relief of lowball offers from dealers, or not?
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I may be there on Saturday but not buying anything just trying to sell my Sig.  The question is should I bring my NM Garand to sell, AKA comic relief of lowball offers from dealers, or not?

The Sig will make you feel low-balled enough.  The Garand may make you want to lock and load.  I have had some amusing experiences with dealers at that show when selling.  They clearly think all gun owners have no clue what gear is worth.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Looks like I am going to be there Sat. afternoon. Say hi if you see me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Crazy lines at 3pm.  Well, at least past the loading dock on the north side and around the shops on the south side.  Magpul's w/windows were 15 each at Dark Sun, 13 for non windows.   Ammo tables had 30-50 people in lines to buy ammo...     I don't see how anything will be left for tomorrow.   An MG42 8mm belt loader I bought a few years ago for around 100 and is now about 140 on a certain site I saw for 460 and it had gobs of cosmoline in it.  Geez.  I picked up 4 cases of Romanian 7.62x25 and the guy next to me kept saying how rare it is to find that stuff.    You can get it lots of places for good prices.   I wanted another bottle of CLP from Tony but he didnt have any.     Went by and saw Dirty Harry's 44.  It almost blew my head cleannnnn offffff.  

The north hall was said to have guns and some ammo but I didn't check it out.  I'm guessing it was more wwII nazi stuff or something but I don't know.

Link Posted: 7/24/2009 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Looks like I am going to be there Sat. afternoon. Say hi if you see me.

Same.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Crazy lines at 3pm.  ...

+1   However, once the north line got moving it was pretty fast since they had a second ticket seller for that line.

I stood in line for the better part of two hours at TNT getting some reloading stuff.  He’s got primers, but is only selling 1000 at a time and requiring either powder or bullets be purchased at the same time.  (I did notice some folks with large purchases appearing to get a larger number).

A box of 1000 Winchester large pistol primers cost me $31.95 + tax, which I guess is reasonable.

He ran low on most pistol powders very quickly, though maybe he’s got some stored outside that he can bring in tomorrow.

Somebody said there had been an Unintended Discharge before the show started.  Don’t know if that’s true, but several times while I was there they made stern announcements over the loudspeaker about unloaded guns.

Link Posted: 7/24/2009 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Somebody said there had been an Unintended Discharge before the show started.  Don’t know if that’s true, but several times while I was there they made stern announcements over the loudspeaker about unloaded guns.

I arrived at 3:08 so I didn't hear a boom but +1 to hearing the announcement about loaded guns.  I did notice about 3-5 police officers walking around but most were just shopping.  

Oh, 5-7 people in line at the ATM machine.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#12]
gonna hit it up sat am (1000) or so  ––
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#13]
today, tomorrow and Sunday

$18 for the three days.
Not sure of the price for one day - probably $12 or so.

The show is now in TWO BUILDINGS.

600 people in line for the 3:00 opening today.
At the "old building."

Don't be a dumb-ass. Go to the second building to pay for your admission, and avoid all the lines.

First building is pretty much as it always was.

Second building is more "militaria" (and it smells like it - I'm still sneezing).

Hot and crowded in the old building.
Cool and airy in the new building (only 65% occupied).

One curious group of fellas in the "new building" was selling all sorts powdered chemcals, looked like to make smoke bombs and fire bombs. Even Thermite. Many of their were all misspelled ("flair" instead of "flare"), except the components, which appeared correct. One sign for a giant smoke bomb was prefaced with "PISS OFF THE NEIGHBORS" in 72-point font. A video was running, that showed some fat guy blowing shit up, and flipping out the dog. I considered buying all they had.

A guy had 2011-marked MRE's for $55/case or $100 for two cases.

The road into the place is ALL FUGKED UP. You apparently can't turn off Rt. 28 directly onto Willard Road any more. You follow all these detour signs, and then all the sudden you are at Hooters.

Back in the "old building" there was a metric buttload of EBR's. All overpriced by about 10% compared to gunbroker prices. The DPMS LR-308 prices were spot-on though, at $1100-ish.

All EBR prices were about 15%-20% over pre-Obama prices.

I saw a couple Century FAL's on one table. Guy wanted $1000/each.
Trader Jerry had a DSA para $2400

Armscorp lady had her usual three or four tables with the same Garand and FAL parts she drags to every show. No customers.

Trader Jerry had Ruger SR-556 boxes displayed like some sort of billboard on top of a pyramid of junk he had piled behind his tables.
I didn't see any of the actual rifles though.
Maybe they've been recalled already.

There was ammo. All calibers. I bought a case of Fiocchi .223 for about $400. Prvi and Centurion in quantity.
9mm at the show was about 20% over Wal-Mart prices.

Interesting thing was though, the guy who works at what I call "Ammo Mountain" (big burly guy, with big head of curly hair, and usually wearing gloves and sweating like a racehorse) was cooling his heels with his helper and him eating chili dogs when I walked up. There was a line to beat the band at his mountain at the last show. No line today. His ammo-mountain wasn't as big as last time either. Like I said, I paid $400 for a case of Fiocchi .223. He had lots of other ammo too.

Tons of P-Mags $15-ish.
Other mags at fair-enough prices.

Trader Jerry had lots of Glocks.
490 plain
550 nite-sights

Saiga 12 gauge for 550
Saiga 7.62x39 for 350

AK underfolder for 590

Dark Sun folks charming as ever.
I saw the tatooed lady reading some guy the riot act on (I shit you not) "gunshow etiquette." :rolleyes:
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#14]

A dealer whom I have known for the better part of 20 years was looking at an AMT Back-Up shortly before 300PM when he somehow managed to fire the thing. He was tossed out of the show, and may face charges of discharging a firearm in a public place. He had just finished setting up his table when the incident occurred. A bystander wearing shorts claimed he was hit in the lower right leg by fragments of some kind....either metal or concrete.... but I didn't see any sign of injury (or blood).

I overheard someone at the scene say that the dealer was looking at a number of guns that were part of an estate, and had been brought into the show by another dealer who was trying to sell them for the family of the deceased former owner. Whether there is any truth to this story remains to be seen. You all know about gunshow stories.

Link Posted: 7/24/2009 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I heard pretty much the same story.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Anybody happen to see any 5.45x39 uppers or any 5.45x39 ammo? Just trying to see if its worth my time!
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I got there around five. The crowd was the lightest I've ever seen. Hardly any guns moving and plenty of ammo compared to the last couple of shows..

Things are definitely slowing down and the EBR/ammo prices reflected the same. Prices weren't where they were before the O, but are moving down.

The guy that sells all of the federal had a sign that said something to the effect of "line forms that way" but there was no line.. Made me laugh a bit..

Picked up some Georgia Arms 223 I ordered in advance and some various other sundries.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I got there around five. The crowd was the lightest I've ever seen. Hardly any guns moving and plenty of ammo compared to the last couple of shows..

Things are definitely slowing down and the EBR/ammo prices reflected the same. Prices weren't where they were before the O, but are moving down.

The guy that sells all of the federal had a sign that said something to the effect of "line forms that way" but there was no line.. Made me laugh a bit..

Picked up some Georgia Arms 223 I ordered in advance and some various other sundries.

I was there today and I have to agree. Though the line was long and the parking lot seemingly packed, it appeared to me that the crowd was thinner. Perhaps some went to the militaria show but I concur that there wasn't a run on ammo and the black rifles were aplenty.

Prices dropped. I was at a table where a guy was selling a CTR stock w/a milspec (DSA) receiver extension for $100 (cash).  The Glock prices at Trader Jerry's was insanely low.  

I surmise that dealers were ordering big time and supply is just catching up but demand has dropped.  Therefore many dealers are stuck with too much inventory so they want to move it.  Some without large inventory are still holding out with higher price tags.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was there today and I have to agree. Though the line was long and the parking lot seemingly packed, it appeared to me that the crowd was thinner. Perhaps some went to the militaria show but I concur that there wasn't a run on ammo and the black rifles were aplenty.

Prices dropped. I was at a table where a guy was selling a CTR stock w/a milspec (DSA) receiver extension for $100 (cash).  The Glock prices at Trader Jerry's was insanely low.  

I surmise that dealers were ordering big time and supply is just catching up but demand has dropped.  Therefore many dealers are stuck with too much inventory so they want to move it.  Some without large inventory are still holding out with higher price tags.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 2:49:47 AM EDT
[#20]
If I weren't in the process of moving, I'd go to stock up.  But I'm not going to lug ammo across the state.

This will be the first Dulles show I've not gone to.

Interesting to hear your reports that there were lines last night, the summer shows are usually the slowest.

I guess Obamamania is still going strong.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm heading there later today...may or may not have my CZ 452 for sale.  I'll have the three wolf shirt on though
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#22]
I was working the VCDL booth Sat morning.  Today was the lightest crowd I've seen at the Chantilly show in a long time.  Prices are still mostly on the high side, but AR-15's, AK variants, magazines, ammo, etc. are available for the most part.  I got there about 15 minutes before opening and there were plenty of parking spots.

Dark Sun had WASR-10's for about $540 if I remember correctly.  Saigas in .223 or 7.62 x 39 were $450 I think.  Could be wrong on those prices, I wasn't paying that much attention.  The show after Obama's election it was tough to even find an AK variant.  

The last couple of shows, all the dealer tables were stacked at least two or three deep with people trying to look at guns and ammo was selling as fast as dealers could take the money.  Tough to even walk down aisles.  This show, no problem getting to tables or moving through the aisles.

The only thing that came home with me this time was a couple of the $15 window P-Mags from Dark Sun.  

Not sure if people have mostly finished stocking up, fears of a gov't gun ban have subsided or if folks just don't have the money to spend.  Whatever it is, the traffic seemed much lighter than what I've seen the last couple of shows.

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was working the VCDL booth Sat morning.  Today was the lightest crowd I've seen at the Chantilly show in a long time.  Prices are still mostly on the high side, but AR-15's, AK variants, magazines, ammo, etc. are available for the most part.  I got there about 15 minutes before opening and there were plenty of parking spots.

Dark Sun had WASR-10's for about $540 if I remember correctly.  Saigas in .223 or 7.62 x 39 were $450 I think.  Could be wrong on those prices, I wasn't paying that much attention.  The show after Obama's election it was tough to even find an AK variant.  

The last couple of shows, all the dealer tables were stacked at least two or three deep with people trying to look at guns and ammo was selling as fast as dealers could take the money.  Tough to even walk down aisles.  This show, no problem getting to tables or moving through the aisles.

The only thing that came home with me this time was a couple of the $15 window P-Mags from Dark Sun.  

Not sure if people have mostly finished stocking up, fears of a gov't gun ban have subsided or if folks just don't have the money to spend.  Whatever it is, the traffic seemed much lighter than what I've seen the last couple of shows.

I think that's good for the most part. I wasn't one of the ones fretting over the earlier panic because I thought that the panic was a good indicator of the mood of the populace and it served to send a message to those in government right now about our disdain for additional anti-2A laws. But now, after the last 6-9 months, I think our message has been received loud and clear and maybe we can go back to 'normal' times. I sure would like to be able to buy Wolf again for <$200/K.

On a side note, I was planning on going to the Dulles show this month, but Im in the middle of an AR build and that's eaten up a lot of money - so I'll have to wait till the fall show probably.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Building 2 (the new add-on for the show) had guys selling jerky, dehydrated meals in #10 cans, and silver and gold sellers.  Also the usual blend of Hitler-wear, shiny beads, and the hills people selling black shirts with wolves on it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Some prices/observations from Saturday a.m. (some already posted above)

Trader Jerrys - all standard Glocks $489 (9mm and 40 cal models, not sure about .45).  Another vendor mention they bough over 200 to sell

Dark Sun - SIG Mosquito .22 starting around $279, $294, ...   PMAGs $15 and $13, but all the ones I saw were the older versions, newer ones must have been sold out Friday.

Best AR-15 deal  S&W MP15R (5.45) for $919!!  This guy had it at the last show for $1200, and even on Sunday would not budge from $1100 cash, there is some Karma here  .

Colt 9220s, plenty in stock, $1399, $1599 and one for $1700!
Colt 9240, few around, best price I saw $1599

SIG556 - prices all over the place, from $1300 (incredible deal) to over $2,000, definitely pays to shop around there.

Ammo, plenty left on Saturday, Fiocchi .223 - $399 case, Wolf 7.62 - $299 case, Fed XM193 $445 for 900.  Plenty of 9mm and 40, about double WallMart prices.

Attendance was lower than previous two shows this year, and many (most?) people walking out with nothing  .
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone going Sunday?
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Anyone going Sunday?

I might go for a little.  What time were you gonna head over there?  

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#28]
not sure

I guess it would be the pinnacle of foolishness to ask if anyone saw any Ruger LCPs?
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
... I guess it would be the pinnacle of foolishness to ask if anyone saw any Ruger LCPs?

I could easily have missed one, but FWIW I didn't see any.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm heading there later today...may or may not have my CZ 452 for sale.  I'll have the three wolf shirt on though
  Am out of town.  Or I would have been scouring the floor looking for you.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I was there today with a few friends.  A lot of AR15s and parts and good prices I thought.  1100 for a Colt flat top, S&Ws for about the same price.  Great time to buy a complete rifle.  Ammo prices for .223 and 5.56 was decent but I didn't buy any.  I did buy a 22 dollar grip for my Del-Ton and I like it very much!  That's all I bought and I was a bit disappointed they didn't have more gear like backpacks and such.  I really wanted to buy a new backpack/bug out bag and the choices were slim.  Overall a good show plus it was nice to get out of town.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Was there any tactical beef jerky?
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#33]
this is the first show i remember since the election where georgia arms has not sold out by saturday.  they had a little 9mm (147gr FMJ) left, and a few other odds and ends (mostly cowboy stuff)  they were out of 9mm (115gr FMJ) though.

- just a question did anyone else see the "origional" KKK hood and cape for sale?  i noticed it had a hand written sign in front expousing that the owers did not condone racial violence or something.  i am used to seeing all the nazi shit - but i have never seen something like that at a gun show before (georgia included)
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
- just a question did anyone else see the "origional" KKK hood and cape for sale?  i noticed it had a hand written sign in front expousing that the owers did not condone racial violence or something.  i am used to seeing all the nazi shit - but i have never seen something like that at a gun show before (georgia included)

Ha, no. But I did see a KKK pamphlet and was wondering how it was "gun show related." Eh, whatever.

Only thing I bought at the show was my first mosin nagant 91/30. It came with 100 rounds of ammo for $110.

Funniest thing I heard at the show as I was passing by Dark Sun (I think):
Random Person: "Will you sell to someone from Maryland?"
Dealer: "Nope"

Poor guy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I went fri and sat, there were a LOT more ar's and ar parts for sale.  I guess production not only caught up, but passed demand.  Also, ammo came down a little from the last few shows, by that, I mean NEW commercial ammo.  Surplus was still a bit high.  It seems Prvi and Fiocchi stepped up production and helped bring some prices down
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha, no. But I did see a KKK pamphlet and was wondering how it was "gun show related." Eh, whatever.

Only thing I bought at the show was my first mosin nagant 91/30. It came with 100 rounds of ammo for $110.

There were many less Mosins than I was expecting at this show. :( I wanted to walk out with a 91/30 from Trader Jerry for the customary ~$90, but he had zero available. The other places were $120+. I'm sorry but no.

Prices for AR's were quite reasonable. Saw plenty of Bushmaster M4's for $950, which is what they were going for 2 or 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Picked up some pistol primers.  Was looking for ammo cans, saw only one table that had any for sale and they wanted $6 for a small one.  Screw that noise.  Maybe I'll find some in Richmond.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Picked up some pistol primers.  Was looking for ammo cans, saw only one table that had any for sale and they wanted $6 for a small one.  Screw that noise.  Maybe I'll find some in Richmond.

i also was looking for ammo cans...found them several places in both halls....lowest was $10 for .50, $6 for .30...i agree...fuck that

i did find some ranger bonded 9mm 147 grain ammo...i wish I had bought a couple of cases in hindsight...it was less than $30/50 which is rare for the really good 9mm JHP these days
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
this is the first show i remember since the election where georgia arms has not sold out by saturday.  they had a little 9mm (147gr FMJ) left, and a few other odds and ends (mostly cowboy stuff)  they were out of 9mm (115gr FMJ) though.

LOL I saw the KKK hood and cape.  I was like... that's interesting.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#40]
If anyone is interested there's a show in August at Expoland in Stuarts Draft, VA.  Run by the same people and i'm sure it will pale in comparison to the Dulles show but it's better than nothing.  I'll go just to kill some time since I live fairly close.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Was there any tactical beef jerky?

I've never seen a display of jerky so large!  Back left in the new hall.

Scored $10 pmags...

Really eyed an M1 Garand from James River... any thoughts on these?

Link Posted: 7/26/2009 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Sounds like, once again, the only thing I missed at the show was a chance to meet a few of you guys.

_MaH

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Scored a Finn M91/24 Lotta rifle from a guy walking around in the new hall on Saturday. Worth it alone to get that, as I did not have one in my Finn collection yet. Also got an Infidel shirt, but that was about it. My dad bought a 3" magnum Taurus Judge, which I'm not too sure how useful that piece will be. I understand Taurus has questionable quality as well, so we will see.
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 3:25:36 AM EDT
[#44]
NIW Pmags for $10 out the door.

Had to buy 10

It's nice to see 7.62x39 going for $250/case.  Ammo hoarders, watch out, the downward spiral is about to begin.
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 3:27:57 AM EDT
[#45]
New-in-Box "OKay" USGI M16/AR mags @ 3 for $20!!! from OBX ammo.

NEW GLOCK mags for $16.00 from OBX ammo

"window" P-Mags for $13 from DARK SUN

J&T helped me out with some GREAT pricing on parts and tech advice for a project rifle I am working on. Good people!

Joe Elarde had a good selection of new and used firearms at good prices, as ususal.

Still a fair amount of ammo left on Sunday as the show closed. I believe the "ammo bubble" is about to burst.

Watched a Maryland cop almost cry;
DEALER: I am sorry, I can not sell you a hangun unless you have a MD dealer lined up for the transfer
MDCOP: I am a law enforcement officer
DEALER: Is this an official agency purchase?
MDCOP: well, no but...
DEALER: Sorry, you need to line up a transfering dealer and have him send me is FFL information
MDCOP: but I am a cop
DEALER: sorry

Link Posted: 7/27/2009 5:03:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Am out of town.  Or I would have been scouring the floor looking for you.  

You should've come home just for the wolf shirt.  I didn't see anyone else with one on.  I also didn't see any BFLs, and only one LaRue hat.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2009 5:09:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
...NEW GLOCK mags for $16.00 from OBX ammo...

Crap!  I missed that. The lowest I saw was $22 in the back.
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 5:32:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My buddy and I were commenting on that as well. If you notice, they did not have a sign up stating they did not condone what the Nazi's did....
We could not figure out who it related to gun either.

Link Posted: 7/27/2009 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I was there on Saturday and was in the same boat on the ammo cans.  It seemed like they were in pretty good supply at the last two Dulles shows even if the prices weren't great at the last one.  This time it seemed like there weren't that many.  What happened?

Also, my favorite quote from one of the patrons looking over the pistols at Trader Jerry's was "I think I should move to Virginia."
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My buddy and I were commenting on that as well. If you notice, they did not have a sign up stating they did not condone what the Nazi's did....
We could not figure out who it related to gun either.

i did not  - good catch

i have to admit i saw the hood and i missed whatever else they had on the table - i am all for people making a buck (especailly in this economy) but i have a hard time seeing the KKK hood and cape being "firearms related", the only reason i can see the nazi shit is because we happend to fight a war over it.  May be just a personal thing but i think to myself that a picture of that hood and cape with the gunshow in the background would make most Anti's cream in their pants.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top