Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 6:23:35 AM EDT
I'm teaching a CHP class in the Richmond area on March 18.  A number of you have contacted me in the past about getting your families or yourselves through these courses.  Unfortunately, while my new house is being built, I probably won't be able to teach again for about a year as I won't have a facility to teach at.  So, this will probably be your last chance for a while to get through one of my courses.  The all-day course (both courses with certificates, books, materials, lunch, beverages, etc.) cost $75/student, or $50 if you don't need certificates and would just like to attend with a family member or friend.  

Please contact me if you're interested in joining the course.  I already have several signed up, so it should be a good class.  This class meets Virginia's educational requirements for a concealed handgun permit.  Here's a basic overview of what I teach:

Course Schedule
8 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.: Welcome - coffee/sodas provided (sometimes breakfast)
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: "Home Firearm Safety" - all indoors, covers general safety, firearm selection, nomenclature, cleaning, storage, legal concerns, etc.
12:30 p.m. - 1 p.m.: Lunch and beverages provided
1 p.m. - 5 p.m.: "FIRST Steps" NRA course - 20% indoor, 80% range time, covers stance, grip, shooting techniques, defensive accuracy, etc., applied on the range one at a time with the instructor.  

All range equipment (including loaner firearms if needed) is included.  The only thing you'll need to bring is ammunition for your firearm (or loaner).  The courses are all taught on my property on the border of Chesterfield and Powhatan Counties off Route 60 (Midlothian Turnpike) - 3 miles from the 288 intersection with Midlothian. I have a private 35 and 100-yd range with indoor classroom.

I can provide references from previous students if anyone's interested.  I'm also available for private training, and offer advanced classes to students who've mastered the skills from the basic courses.  I'm also an NRA training counselor, and will be teaching an instructor course later in the year if any of you have ever wanted to become instructors.  Please free to e-mail me at [email protected] if interested or if you have questions.  

Travis Fox

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top