User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/23/2005 5:42:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]

got more pictures - i'll try to post somemore tomorrow.

What gracious hosts we had. Thanks to all and thanks to Anthony for the canopy, to everyone else for letting me shoot their toys. It was good to hang out with ya'll.!!

DD

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]

nuff said1

nuffsaid2

going to bed!!! got 15 + 2 yr olds to teach in SS tomorrow morning... and they did not spend 5 hours driving and 5 hours under the sun today LOL
DD
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Wew, glad to be back in C'burg.  A shower felt really good.  I wish I could have stayed earlier but I we have company that is up here for the rest of the weekend and after camping last night, I pretty much had my fill of it for a while.  Looking forward to sleeping in a nice soft bed tonight.

Thanks again for everyone who made the event possible.    I enjoyed finally putting faces to screen names and seeing old faces again.

Glad we could show those yankee's a good time  Y'all are always welcome down here, we can use transplants like y'all.

The only bad thing about attending these shoots is that it only makes me want more guns.  Some of y'all have some real kickass stuff.

Hope to be able to do it again soon.

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#9]
had a great time. big thank you to TRV and his family
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 3:22:09 AM EDT
[#10]
some more pics. stooopid me did not set the camera on shutter priority/sports mode  -hence i was not able to capture the brass flying

dd
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:41:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
some more pics. stooopid me did not set the camera on shutter priority/sports mode  -hence i was not able to capture the brass flying
img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/devotedad/line5.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/devotedad/line3.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/devotedad/line4.jpg

dd

That's why they pay me the big bucks! Wish I coulda been there to get pics of the fun.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:16:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Many Thanks to ReelVirginian1861 ( and the Mrs.), Druffick, Highwayman and L-R-T for putting together this Shindig and for the Hospitality, they are a good group of ARFCOMERS. They did a fine job keeping the skeeters and the chiggers away. Thanks, L-R-T for the Cable guys Hat and I will get back to you with feedback on your ammo within 30 days. The Venison was excellent too. Nice to see some new faces and to see some familiar one too, the Virginia ARFCOMERS are always a pleasure to shoot with and ya'll can count on this Yank to return.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:21:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey, L-R-T, Looky below
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hey, L-R-T, Looky below

Glad yah like the hat Bobby, next time Y'all come down I'll fix yah some country ham and grits.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hey, L-R-T, Looky below

Glad to see that y'all made it back ok
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey, L-R-T, Looky below

Glad to see that y'all made it back ok

Yeah, It was a pleasant 5 1/2  hour drive home. Mostly on Rt. 301 thru VA, MD and Del. Zbrane had another 1 1/2 to go from my house. Take care, Bro and watch them TREES
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey, L-R-T, Looky below

Glad yah like the hat Bobby, next time Y'all come down I'll fix yah some country ham and grits.

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That's why they pay me the big bucks! Wish I coulda been there to get pics of the fun.

here's some more

DD
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Damn, that looks(ed) like fun!
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Here is the opening volley. Be warned it's about an 8 meg download. I will put together a disc for the modem guys.
VBF Opening Volley
I will try to get some more up later tonight. It was an honor to shoot with you fine gentlemen.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Someone had a Caldwell bag they left behind and Higwayman put it in my truck for safe keeping, it was found around the first table that Bobby and us were shooting from.

Large and green ????????

Have it safe and sound in the bunker so if it is yours just let me know and I'll getter sent to you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Here is the opening volley. Be warned it's about an 8 meg download. I will put together a disc for the modem guys.
VBF Opening Volley
I will try to get some more up later tonight. It was an honor to shoot with you fine gentlemen.

Glad you could make it up!  I will try to make it down sometime for a NC shoot.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#23]

A BIG thanks to TRV and his family for allowing us to use their property for the shoot. I'm glad we were able to raise some money for the Troop.

I'd also like to thank everyone who made this event one to remember for a long time to come. The Venison was KICK ASS, my compliments to the Chef's.

Also, a big thanks to BlackFox for letting me sample a little fine German Engineering

More than anything though, I'd like to thank everyone for making an oppressed yankee(geographically speaking) feel welcome.

Southern Hospitality at it's FINEST................. with a little AFFCOM firepower thrown in for good measure.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Someone had a Caldwell bag they left behind and Higwayman put it in my truck for safe keeping, it was found around the first table that Bobby and us were shooting from.

Large and green ????????

Have it safe and sound in the bunker so if it is yours just let me know and I'll getter sent to you.

Yup, the bag is mine. Forgot all about it. IM coming for instructions. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Glad y'all had a good time.   Looks like you had fun.  Hopefully next time.

Tailgunner, how'd the ammo do?  Let me know so I can determine whether or not to get the same.

BTW Who's driving the jeep in the pic up top?  Take a look L-R-T, if I didn't know better I was there?  
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Tailgunner, how'd the ammo do?  Let me know so I can determine whether or not to get the same.

BTW Who's driving the jeep in the pic up top?  Take a look L-R-T, if I didn't know better I was there?  

It was Hawk_308's jeep.  He is also the one who nuked the vegetation for us.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Well yes and no,
He did not chase the farm animals around with a bucket of lard.

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh that was cold, oh so cold.  I use vaseline dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Well everyone I had a blast.  Thanks a lot RV and Mrs. RV for everything you all did.  Also thanks for the corn its some good eatin.  L-R-T thanks for showing me how to "properly sacrifice dead animal flesh on hot steel".  I really enjoyed the shooting.  I would like to that Devoted Dad for letting me try out the 50 Cal and reminding me there is something with a harder punch .  Thanks a lot to Reloader BOB.  That 19X19 is F***ing awesome.  I wish I had the recipe for the venison but I cant remember what I put in it.  .  Well guys Highwayman and I are talking about trying this out in the colder months.  Anyone think they would be interested.  I think it work a whole lot better in colder weather the HOTTER THEN HELL weather.  We are so thankful for forrest to let us use his property and all.  I cant wait to go down again.  Well I have been home for awhile now and my bed is calling it misses me from the last two days .  I probably will sleep real late tomorrow seeing as a blow up mattress and surplus army tent were fun.....  BUT not very comfortable.

DRUFF
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Druffick's "lost recipe" venison

VBF morning

Highwayman feeds the troops

Early morning visitors

The first casualty: VTHOKIESHOOTER wounded by his own paint can.

Be careful who you flip off on the interstate

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:39:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

The first casualty: VTHOKIESHOOTER wounded by his own paint can.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/u352/Casualty.jpg

As a member of the arfcom army I wonder if I am now eligable for a purple heart.  Hell if sKerry can get one I should too
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:55:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Well guys Highwayman and I are talking about trying this out in the colder months.  Anyone think they would be interested.  I think it work a whole lot better in colder weather the HOTTER THEN HELL weather.

I would be WAAAAY more interested than fricking JULY!!!!

Glad everyone had a good time anyway though. The location would have been convenient for me (from Richmond), and I'd really have enjoyed borrowing somebody's SMG.

Either Oct/Nov or Mar/Apr would be great with me for a VBF II.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:41:13 AM EDT
[#33]
With any luck the damn hurrican season will be over when you have the next one and I won't be on call.  Hell yes, I'd be interested.  You lucky individuals looked like you had a good time.  Then again I don't know of any VA get together that turned out bad.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Well I finally made it back to the web , Id like to thank everyone for the good time, the shooting was good , the food was great and the company even better. I look foward to meeting up with yall guys again sometime. I got some pics not a whole lot though , nick also has a few pics and 4 vids. If yall want I can send a cd out with my and his pics on it to get them out to the ppl who wants them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 6:49:05 AM EDT
[#35]
If you want to send your footage to me I can put it all on one disc.\
Ps: I think I only have 67 megs of stuff, it would be a shame to waste a 650mb disc on that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Tagged so pics will be visible from home.

Wish I could have been there.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Dang, that looks like a fun time!
Only excitement here was some group (unknow as yet) who took over a Gendarme post, killed four, and let loose 200+ prisoners.
I have my AK out as I type.
Had stay home most of the weekend....

Elections in October....I got a funny feeling it ain't gonna happen....
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
It was great to see everyone again (and to meet some new members). Thanks to everyone for making it happen!

C4

Tannerite Pic
www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Exploding%20tannerite.jpg

So how long did those Yeunglings last?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#40]
WOO HOO!!!  I'm still cleaning gear and drinking water after that one!!  Once again, I am proud to join the ARFCOM crew for another great shoot.  I'm just really disappointed I didn't get to camp out and experience the breakfast and campfires with everyone else - it looks like you guys had a load of fun.  It was really HOT though, and I look forward to trying that when it's a little cooler.  

I'm always glad you guys had fun with the full autos.  I'm just sorry I didn't bring more extra ammo for everyone to enjoy.  Next time I will definitely bring the Barrett, too.  And here I was worried about noise .  The venison was awesome.  Loved the dinner and breakfast pics!! (esp the breakfast pic with the bud in it ).  Thanks for the pictures DD and u352 in particular (DD - great to see you again).  

I definitely learned some lessons on this trip.  I had just read the after-action report from Black Creek the night before the shoot, and paid particular attention to the part about using loktite on everything on your firearms.  In just one day of "lite" shooting I had the Aimpoint break loose on my MP5, the pistol grip loosen up on my M16 and all sorts of other anomalies with threaded attachments.   I also learned those really cool single-point slings pull your muffs off when mounting/dismounting, which can be a tad exciting when at a live-fire range with a .308 AR-15 with a muzzle brake next to you .  All-in-all a good lite-duty gear eval.  I also found out that most of my new mags would not cycle my M16 properly.  I thought it may be dirty or have other problems, but it turned out to be 100% a mag problem.  Oh well.  

Thanks to RV and crew for putting on a great time.  I was never sure if the property owner came by or not, but meant to thank him for his hospitality if he did.  Having put on many of these in the past, I know what it takes to put these together and really appreciate the effort you all put into it.  I would definitely be interested in doing it again when it's cooler (especially camping weather where it's good and cold at night!).  I'm sure we can all contribute a little more to the event as well (setting up targets, helping cook/prepare food, etc.).

And last but not least, kaiheitai17 - best of luck, bud.  I wish there were more we could do for you guys.  I already send out a ton of care packages every week, but please IM me your APO or mailing address if you're willing to get another package.  In some ways I wish I were there with you.  In the meantime, stay safe and let us know when you're back in CONUS.  

Black Fox
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Now that I’m back on the computer, I would like to thank everyone who made this possible.  I had a great time camping and shooting.  It was a pleasure meeting some of the VA crew.  The southern hospitality was appreciated.  

It was cool to see some evil hardware that we don’t get to have here in action.  Tannerite + logs = fun!    
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
WOO HOO!!!  I'm still cleaning gear and drinking water after that one!!  Once again, I am proud to join the ARFCOM crew for another great shoot.  I'm just really disappointed I didn't get to camp out and experience the breakfast and campfires with everyone else - it looks like you guys had a load of fun.  It was really HOT though, and I look forward to trying that when it's a little cooler.  

I'm always glad you guys had fun with the full autos.  I'm just sorry I didn't bring more extra ammo for everyone to enjoy.  Next time I will definitely bring the Barrett, too.  And here I was worried about noise .  The venison was awesome.  Loved the dinner and breakfast pics!! (esp the breakfast pic with the bud in it ).  Thanks for the pictures DD and u352 in particular (DD - great to see you again).  

I definitely learned some lessons on this trip.  I had just read the after-action report from Black Creek the night before the shoot, and paid particular attention to the part about using loktite on everything on your firearms.  In just one day of "lite" shooting I had the Aimpoint break loose on my MP5, the pistol grip loosen up on my M16 and all sorts of other anomalies with threaded attachments.   I also learned those really cool single-point slings pull your muffs off when mounting/dismounting, which can be a tad exciting when at a live-fire range with a .308 AR-15 with a muzzle brake next to you .  All-in-all a good lite-duty gear eval.  I also found out that most of my new mags would not cycle my M16 properly.  I thought it may be dirty or have other problems, but it turned out to be 100% a mag problem.  Oh well.  

Thanks to RV and crew for putting on a great time.  I was never sure if the property owner came by or not, but meant to thank him for his hospitality if he did.  Having put on many of these in the past, I know what it takes to put these together and really appreciate the effort you all put into it.  I would definitely be interested in doing it again when it's cooler (especially camping weather where it's good and cold at night!).  I'm sure we can all contribute a little more to the event as well (setting up targets, helping cook/prepare food, etc.).

And last but not least, kaiheitai17 - best of luck, bud.  I wish there were more we could do for you guys.  I already send out a ton of care packages every week, but please IM me your APO or mailing address if you're willing to get another package.  In some ways I wish I were there with you.  In the meantime, stay safe and let us know when you're back in CONUS.  

Black Fox

You are the Man Travis!!! you and ALL the other arfcom guys who have the kewl toys are always so generous and gracious in letting us play with your toys.

Locktite and tighten absolutely!! My eotech flew from my bushie and i didn't even notice it untill afterwards.

some more pics - this is the other group shot..

and this is THE tropical retreat from the stress of Jihad - my apologies for the gratituous pics

DD

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Calm Before the Storm.MPG

TREES BAD  
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I just realized that Real Virginian hasn't posted in this thread!  Hey RV, did you make it out alive?

I hope he's OK. Maybe he's still out there pickin' up BRASS.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#49]
RACCOON EYEBALL !!!! WHOA !!!! I'M MISSIN' SOMETHIN' HERE !!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top