BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey!

The earliest I can make it will be around 09:30 Usually there's no real activity until around 11:30 After seeing 15-20 people with AR's and various other noisemakers there shouldn't be any problems. I don't think that we'll be disturbed. The grills could be set up in the area by the cement uprights adjacent to the parking lot (path leading to benches from parking area). That should be plenty of space for burning some groceries!
I'll be bringing Cartman to screen all visitors! If any undesireables show up, he can kick them in the nuts!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Guys Im not trying to be negative here but........
This is the time of the year that the yolkles sight in there deer guns and this is planned for a Sunday @ 10am.....
It may be wise for you/us to Airdrop an advanced party to secure the benches and hold off the Remchester guys untill the Mechanized troops can arrive, Also theres no real place to cook out thats not "Techincally" past the firing line.
Just a thought......FWIW
And NO Robb me sleeping in the Jeep doesnt count as an advanced party

Maybe the sound of my wifes AR30 and AR50 if we have it by them will scare them off since most don't wear hearing protection .  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Guys Im not trying to be negative here but........
This is the time of the year that the yolkles sight in there deer guns and this is planned for a Sunday @ 10am.....
It may be wise for you/us to Airdrop an advanced party to secure the benches and hold off the Remchester guys untill the Mechanized troops can arrive, Also theres no real place to cook out thats not "Techincally" past the firing line.
Just a thought......FWIW
And NO Robb me sleeping in the Jeep doesnt count as an advanced party

Should I wear a bright orange vest and hat to fit in?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm bringing my Billy Bob teeth

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm bringing my Billy Bob teeth

Bomber

Me too, think I'll fit in?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:Should I wear a bright orange vest and hat to fit in?

Originally Posted By The Bomber : I can wear my Billy Bob Teeth

You sure got a pretty mouth there boy ..LOL

This my be comparing apples to oranges here but in NC we used to cut loose with a Barrett .50 under the awning that useally would clear them out after a two to three rounds down range either the pressure under there or the lack of hearing protection.then the real hard core ones or maybe that should read DEAF we would just send really hot brass out of a full auto G-3 in their bench direction.watched one ol' boy try to get a shell casing out of his bib overall's not that was funnyso whos bringing the MA DUCE

VA-Spook
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:23:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I gotta get a T-shirt with an AR-15 on it that says "Yes, It's used for hunting Terrorists"

ya know, in response to "what cha hunt with that? Terrorists?"

I'm sure we're gonna get a lot of those

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey!

Unfortunately the rationale (according to Sleepy Creek management) behind not allowing "full auto" firearms is that they make to big a hole in the berms. Now..What happens when you get 20 shooters dumping 30 round mags into the berms? Seems to me that this would also cause some soil erosion in certain areas of the berms. Probably a good idea to keep a low profile anyway. I don't think you could change their minds! They did redo the 50 yard berm. It appears that it's a bit higher. Some shit for brains shot up one of the uprights forward of the shooting benches. Looks like they blasted it close quarters with a shotgun.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey!

Unfortunately the rationale (according to Sleepy Creek management) behind not allowing "full auto" firearms is that they make to big a hole in the berms. Now..What happens when you get 20 shooters dumping 30 round mags into the berms? Seems to me that this would also cause some soil erosion in certain areas of the berms. Probably a good idea to keep a low profile anyway. I don't think you could change their minds! They did redo the 50 yard berm. It appears that it's a bit higher. Some shit for brains shot up one of the uprights forward of the shooting benches. Looks like they blasted it close quarters with a shotgun.

Someone needs to talk the rangers into letting us do a clean up day on the range , where we'd totally clean the range up, and do whatever needed to be done. As a public service of ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I had something along these lines in mind..Took a few steps in that direction but got sidetracked with my recent move and assorted new homeowners(read "Honeydo") stuff, Im sure with 15-20 black rifles and a .50 or two you'll see a ranger Sunday
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey!

Someone needs to talk the rangers into letting us do a clean up day on the range , where we'd totally clean the range up, and do whatever needed to be done. As a public service of ARFCOM.

+1 I'm there.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey!

Probably a good idea
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Damnit Damnit Damnit!!!  I'm officially hosed.  I'm supposed to work every other Sunday and I worked last Sunday.  Well, boss man says I have to work this Sunday and there ain't no getting out of it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Yall liss'n here. Yah all keep up that thar red neek jokes an' thu billy bob teef jokes an' yah all ain't riddin roun' in mah car. Ya reckon?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Last weekend while checking out cliff’s ammo I came upon 5 more very black rifle shooters and they will be out as well, one is the manager of Guns & Ammo in Manassas and the others are all former Military.

Furthermore had the pleasure to meet 2 young men that already did one tour in Iraq and headed back for round 2 in November, just talking to these two young men moved me to the point of inviting them up for the shoot and to include, we will be presenting them with a Starlight case each so they have a good case to ship the weapons in to and from.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey!

Cool! The more the merrier!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Last weekend while checking out cliff’s ammo I came upon 5 more very black rifle shooters and they will be out as well, one is the manager of Guns & Ammo in Manassas and the others are all former Military.

Furthermore had the pleasure to meet 2 young men that already did one tour in Iraq and headed back for round 2 in November, just talking to these two young men moved me to the point of inviting them up for the shoot and to include, we will be presenting them with a Starlight case each so they have a good case to ship the weapons in to and from.

Don't forget to bring mine.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget to bring mine.

Bomber

Yes sir,

Did I mention the Sleepy Creek special?

I will not be charging anything near what I was asking to a fellow Virginia member.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Very cool.....my mom is buying it as a Bday present for me.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey!

Anyone got a decent trigger pull gauge that will work on a single stage AR trigger. I'm curious on what I have for a pull weight now. If someones got one, please bring it up.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:08:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hey!

Anyone got a decent trigger pull gauge that will work on a single stage AR trigger. I'm curious on what I have for a pull weight now. If someones got one, please bring it up.

Thanks!!

Have one at the shop, but it is locked down and they would not like me going in today
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll be leaving Staunton around 7:30 to be near the 7-11 by 9.  Ya'll leaving from Sheetz should make it out that way in about 50 minutes or so.  See ya in the morning
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#23]
If you all don't mind an uninvited newbie, I'd like to come out for a while if it works with my schedule. I had gotm4 post my pic so you'll be able to recognize me and not have Cartman kick me in the nuts. Unless you're using barn doors for targets I won't be doing any shooting but I would like to check out all the cool gear. All my stuff is totally plain.

Never been there but I got directions this afternoon. I guess you'll be easy to spot just follow the noise and look for the EBR's, right? Hope to see ya then.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Everyone Ready to go? Just finished packing up, and getting ready to hit the sack.... I'm a horrible morning person so I'm gonna get a jump on some sleep. They have coffee at the Sheetz right?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#25]
We are packed up now the grill is in the truck as well as some other things we will see you all at sheetz in the am

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If you all don't mind an uninvited newbie, I'd like to come out for a while if it works with my schedule. I had gotm4 post my pic so you'll be able to recognize me and not have Cartman kick me in the nuts. Unless you're using barn doors for targets I won't be doing any shooting but I would like to check out all the cool gear. All my stuff is totally plain.

Never been there but I got directions this afternoon. I guess you'll be easy to spot just follow the noise and look for the EBR's, right? Hope to see ya then.

No such thing as a uninvited guest with us

If I may speek for the others, you are more than welcome and I'll even flip a few dogs for you to enjoy with us
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#27]
It was good meeting you guys! Good Fun!

ETA:

Couple More Pics:

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#28]
I gots no problems with you posting them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I gots no problems with you posting them.

Done!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#30]

You're so ghetto!

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
www.nickfoote.com/ARFCOM/SleepyCreek1.jpg

You're so ghetto!

Coming from a guy sitting on Ammo Cans.....

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're so ghetto!

www.nickfoote.com/ARFCOM/SleepyCreek9.jpg

Hey, I don't see ya over here helpin' me CLEAN 'em!

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're so ghetto!

www.nickfoote.com/ARFCOM/SleepyCreek9.jpg

Hey, I don't see ya over here helpin' me CLEAN 'em!

Melissa's got me doing wallpaper....
Much rather be over there Drinkin Beers and cleaning guns....

Still haven't even cleaned mine yet
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks to everybody for coming out.  It was one of the best days I've had in a long time.  BTW, anybody get a head count?  Did we make it to 30 people out there?

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top