Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2013 8:54:19 AM EDT
Hello all,

Got an email from a guy in Indiana who wanted to purchase ammo from me...no big deal.  Now he wants to met face to face.  Can I sell it face to face if he doesn't have a foid?  He has a cc permit if that makes a difference.

Thanks in Advance
Stainless
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe IL requires non-resident hunting license for sporting ammo.

Handgun ammo sale not allowed to resident of contiguous state.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#2]
From nraila.org :

NON-RESIDENTS

A non-resident is permitted to possess a firearm without a FOID if it is unloaded and enclosed in a case, or if the nonresident is:
   • Hunting and has a non-resident hunting license, while in an area where hunting is permitted.
   • On a target range recognized by the Department of State Police.
   • At a gun show recognized by the Department of State Police.
  • Currently licensed or registered to possess a firearm in his state of residence.

Any resident of Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin or Kentucky, or a non-resident with a valid non-resident hunting license, who is 18 years of age or older and who is not prohibited by the laws of Illinois, the state of his domicile, or the United States from obtaining, possessing or using a firearm, may purchase or obtain a rifle, shotgun or ammunition for a rifle or shotgun in Illinois. A non-resident who qualifies to possess a firearm under one of the above-listed exceptions may also purchase ammunition.

Look at what's in bold. I think you're G2G with your sale...

Link Posted: 1/26/2013 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
An IL resident when in IL needs a  FOID to buy/sell/trade ammo an Out of  State Person only need to provide a state ID or DL to prove that he or she is not an IL resident.

An IL business like Walmart or gun shop sell ammo to out of state residents frequently the only requirement is an ID proving none IL residency

Most states an IL resident can buy ammo without even providing any ID, I have made ammo purchases,  in person,  out of state multiple times and from multiple  states and have never had to show my FOID when out of state, on occasion I have had to show my DL

Purchasing ammo on line /Internet  from a business you will be required to provide copy of your FOID or have a copy on file...

IMO most people/individuals from other states are unaware of what an IL FOID is...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top