28874 W State Route 120

Lakemoor, IL 60051

When?

Thursday, January 21, 2010

7PM - 9PM

Today citizens in 48 sates exercise their right to not just keep arms,
but to bear them as well. Properly trained and licensed citizens
exercise their right to carry a concealed weapon to protect themselves
and members of their families from violent crime.

Attend this important meeting where candidates and officials will hear
our views and see our determination to exercise the same rights as
citizens in those other 48 states - Voice your support for a right to
carry bill in 2010!

Please be respectful and dress appropriately (what would you wear to church or a job interview?)
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there!
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I will try and be there!
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to do my best to be there too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
McHenry County Second Amendment & Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting

Where?
International Union of Operating Engineers
28874 W State Route 120
Lakemoor, IL 60051

When?
Thursday, January 21, 2010
7PM - 9PM

Today citizens in 48 sates exercise their right to not just keep arms,but to bear them as well. Properly trained and licensed citizensexercise their right to carry a concealed weapon to protect themselvesand members of their families from violent crime.

Attend this important meeting where candidates and officials will hearour views and see our determination to exercise the same rights ascitizens in those other 48 states - Voice your support for a right tocarry bill in 2010!

Please be respectful and dress appropriately (what would you wear to church or a job interview?)
 I would suggest that you don't bring up the idea that 48 other states have CCW as a fact.  I would only count the shall issue states.  Maryland, New York, New Jersey, and California are very strict about issuing CCWs and it is not the whole truth suggesting that they have CCW.  I would suggest that you bring up shall issue states as this is more intellectually honest.  Simply because the state might pass a CCW bill like New Jersey or Maryland and make it a may-issue system where only political cronies and big money donors can get permits.

Link Posted: 1/20/2010 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Reminder, this is tomorrow.

I've heard there's going to be some politicians speaking.  Joe Walsh, running for 8th congressional district is one of the names, sheriff Nygren is another I heard as well as Nick Provenzano who is currently running for county board.  State senator Pamela Althoff "may" be there, nobody knows yet though.  Probably more, thats all I could remember.
Link Posted: 1/21/2010 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Shit I forgot all about it!  Dam it
Link Posted: 1/21/2010 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I went and already finished one of many letters to be written! I bet it's another 20 years before we get what belongs to us. Sad very sad. Same blowing smoke, give money, join this, join that, vote for me, I believe its our right BS.

I wanted to hear is these are the people that are holding up the vote. Here are their address and phone numbers, here is who you need to vote for if current elected don't listen. But no, didn't get that just a bunch of hot air.  

The Sheriff talked about how most support CCW.  But they want laws that don't make sense. If we ever get a CCW in I'll, it will be a "May Issue" program. That is not good enough for me. It's shall issue peroid, no special markings on my DL, no locks inside my home I mean WTF, one step forward two steps back! This fight ain't going no where fast. However, I have only just begun to do my part. Can't wait to hear what the decession is from the SCOTUS in RKBA vs shit sain Daley!

Back to writing letters.

Link Posted: 1/22/2010 3:50:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Shit I forgot all about it!  Dam it

I wanted to go to John but I am nursing some serious back pain. In 2007 I was stocking 1200 sf of tile on a job, threw my back out and have had problems since.

So I didn't make it, which sucks. Wanted to give Provenzano some props.
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 3:54:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I went and already finished one of many letters to be written! I bet it's another 20 years before we get what belongs to us. Sad very sad. Same blowing smoke, give money, join this, join that, vote for me, I believe its our right BS.

I wanted to hear is these are the people that are holding up the vote. Here are their address and phone numbers, here is who you need to vote for if current elected don't listen. But no, didn't get that just a bunch of hot air.  

The Sheriff talked about how most support CCW.  But they want laws that don't make sense. If we ever get a CCW in I'll, it will be a "May Issue" program. That is not good enough for me. It's shall issue peroid, no special markings on my DL, no locks inside my home I mean WTF, one step forward two steps back! This fight ain't going no where fast. However, I have only just begun to do my part. Can't wait to hear what the decession is from the SCOTUS in RKBA vs shit sain Daley!

Back to writing letters.

Could you please elaborate on which laws they want that don't make sense and who "they" are?

Link Posted: 1/22/2010 4:08:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back to writing letters.

Could you please elaborate on which laws they want that don't make sense and who "they" are?

Sorry, "they" is the Sheriff Assoc. and the laws that they support are as follows "May Issue", "Have a special mark on your Drivers Lic. for a person with CCW permit", "Require everybody's (not just CCW holders) guns to be locked while not a home" and one I forgot to mention and one the Sheriff didn't explain were "Flash Laws". Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 5:54:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Back to writing letters.

Sorry, "they" is the Sheriff Assoc. and the laws that they support are as follows "May Issue", "Have a special mark on your Drivers Lic. for a person with CCW permit", "Require everybody's (not just CCW holders) guns to be locked while not a home" and one I forgot to mention and one the Sheriff didn't explain were "Flash Laws". Hope this helps.

The first couple of speakers in the open forum at the end were pounding on nygren pretty hard, I was chuckling a little.  What I wanted to know and I think I'll write a letter is this:  About the "locked" up at home part.  So now the sheriffs want to make us defenseless at home,

how do they plan on enforcing any type of law that requires us to keep our guns locked up while at home?

2 steps forward, 3 steps back

If you want to know who the guilty parties are that keep blocking or killing the CCW bills in committee...let's find out!

Link Posted: 1/22/2010 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I heard his comments too, and found that stuff objectionable.

The last thing we need for "equality" is the Cook Co Sheriff  getting to vet applicants for CCW. fppppf.

Mark on the DL == scarlet letter for anyone who drives as part of their job.

"Flash Law"?   Lose your RKBA forever for "brandishing".

Link Posted: 1/22/2010 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
From what I understand, there are states that mark or otherwise utilize the DL for CCW. And you can bet that if CCW were to pass, IL would be a "Shall Notify" state.

What I'd love is a replacement for the FOID. Envision a card like the FOID that was a different color (since I doubt we'll actually be able to eliminate it as long as we have Crook county). Since the FOID is a constant - at least for the sake of this discussion, let's combine the CCW ID and the FOID, and let's call it the Concealed Carry FOID.

In return for having gone through the background check, training, paying the additional $$, you can "cash and carry" firearms as long as your CCFOID registers as valid.

But we have to get there first.

What I'd love is a replacement for the FOID. Envision a card like the FOID that was a different color (since I doubt we'll actually be able to eliminate it as long as we have Crook county). Since the FOID is a constant - at least for the sake of this discussion, let's combine the CCW ID and the FOID, and let's call it the Concealed Carry FOID.

This is what I was thinking, instead of the Walmart check out person seeing my DL when I use my Credit Card. We have the FOID already make the mark on that.

Link Posted: 1/22/2010 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd be willing to put up with all that BS to get CCW in Illinois though

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top