Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 7:33:27 AM EDT
Just as an FYI, IMHO the RK Gun Shows are the best/largest local gun shows here in Las Vegas.
Remember this show is this weekend out at Cashman Field for all those who are interested.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up, I was running low on beef jerky, beenie babies, fake indian artifacts, cheap holsters for my Glock 9, an Nazi memorablia.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up, I was running low on beef jerky, beenie babies, fake indian artifacts, cheap holsters for my Glock 9, an Nazi memorablia.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, and I was going just to see the selection of crystal do-dads and blinky toys.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]

......Well, even though I have nothing to do this weekend, the winds are out of the sail on THAT one....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, i DO need my glasses and jewelry cleaned...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Do they still sell those Kick Ass  genuine Samurai swords?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the show that bad? What does it cost to park and get in?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
The show is 3 dollars for parking and 12 dollars admission for adults and 5 dollars up to 12 years old,there are some good deals to be had at this one,but i guess it depends on what you looking for.I found M1A USGI mags marked with the W for 25.00,223 radway green for 150.00 per thousand,308 South African 150.00 per 800 rounds,got a case of portuguese for 200.00 ,also saw some good deals on ak & ar stuff,there's also one fellow selling trw bolts and op rods for the M1A at very competive prices.
Also got to stop and talk to Richard Mack,.nuff said.
If you like tannerite,check out the Mongo Dealer.
Have fun.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to the show today and was somewhat impressed. I saw M4 clones (new $675) from Citadel and Black Rifle Armory had THE lowest prices on Colt rifles that I have ever seen as well as full-stock AK's for only $329. I found cases of Q131A from at least 2 different ammo dealers. The US-made polymer mags (just like Bulgarian) were available in black and tan for only $15. Other AK mags were NOT overprices like usual.

Not a bad show.......

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks,
Ron

+1

I always thought the best place to get beef jerky, beenie babies, fake indian artifacts, cheap holsters for your Glock 9, an Nazi memorablia was Claude Hall's "Remote Helicopter and Pony Show......"
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I always thought that people who were obsessed with benie babies and beef jerky would rather spend the weekend shoping for their wives shoes rather than attending a gun show.

I spent way too much money at the show today.
I bought that powder measure that was in this month's Handloader magazine. I got a tool to adjust the front sight elevation for my SKS. And bought a cool book that I was going to order, but instead got it at the show. I saw a ton of people that I knew including Gunbert of AR15.com fame.
The rest of you guys made it easier to move around in the show by bitching about it instead of actually going. Afterall, why would you support the local gun culture when you can bitch instead and be a typical American ?

I came home and set up the new powder measure on one of my Dillon 550s: on the .223 toolhead. It is guarenteed not to cut extruded powders. I also was greated by a package on my doorstep of a Surefire X200 for my Glock 34. Now all I need is the new Barsto threaded barrel, the nightsights I ordered and the AAC Evolution-9 suppressor that I will probably be able to take home around XMAS That should make a decent jackrabbit killer.

I had a pretty good day dispite the fact that I haven't slept for several days. Any gunshow is better than sitting at home. Especially when it is too hot to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:19:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Crap, I forgot another big ticket item I bought at the show.
A collaspable stock for an HK 91. I am in the process of putting together two parts kits. One is going to have a 12" barrel and a collaspable stock.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn, I needed to find a buddy to go - and didn't.  Spent 6 hrs in there.  Bad move.

Ended up with a new Marlin 1895G lever action 45-70, a green laser for the AR-15 pistol, a bit of ammo, a Beta-C mag and level 3a body armor.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone see the guy selling the M11/9 pistol with the foregrip attaches. I tried to educate him regarding it's status as an AOW. Said he'd "research it later AFTER the show. If BATF&E caught  him, he'd have plenty of time to do his research.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#17]
These shows are a bigger and bigger wast of time.  Is the upcoming Reno show or the Phoenix SAR show worth the trip?

And was I the only one that ran into a table gawking at the young lady working at the Citadel table?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#18]
pass  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
pass  hr

On the girl or the gun shows?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I came home with a pack of beef jerky.  Good stuff!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I came home with a pack of beef jerky.  

Good stuff!

WHAT! No Beanie Babies?

Shame on you R1. You must be slipping.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top