Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Good article.
I enjoyed reading it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
very good article, but a picture of a military style M4 with a grenade launcher is what i would expent from the liberal media.  As the ban has NO relevance to automatic weapons or destructive devices.

I think that a neutered AR with pinned stock, no FH and no Bayo lug, next to a standard equipped AR would do more to drive home the point of the "pointlessness" and arbitrary nature of the ban.

Either that, or a picture of an AR next to a Walmart-available Mini 14, that posesses the same level of firepower, yet is more or less overlooked by the ban, due to its physical appearance.

Either that...or a picture of ALL THREE< with the question, can you pick out the banned firearms??

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
very good article, but a picture of a military style M4 with a grenade launcher is what i would expent from the liberal media.  As the ban has NO relevance to automatic weapons or destructive devices.

I think that a neutered AR with pinned stock, no FH and no Bayo lug, next to a standard equipped AR would do more to drive home the point of the "pointlessness" and arbitrary nature of the ban.

Either that, or a picture of an AR next to a Walmart-available Mini 14, that posesses the same level of firepower, yet is more or less overlooked by the ban, due to its physical appearance.

Either that...or a picture of ALL THREE< with the question, can you pick out the banned firearms??

Good point AR. and well taken. I was under a deadline to get that article written and posted and I needed an illustration, and I had that pic in my archives so I went with it.

The AWB did specifically address Grenade Launchers as a banned feature in the text of the law. I know that a 40mm M203 is a Destructive Device under NFA Rules, but one can still mount a 37mm "Flare Launcher" on an AR15/M16 and cosmetically there would really be no difference to the untrained individual.

Anyway, thanks for the great FB on the article. Althought the death of the AWB was finally a pretty big victory for gun owners, as well as all Americans, we must not rest because these insane wing nuts will try anything to push their anti-gun agenda.

Be Safe.

Joe  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:56:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Great article, Joe.

Now we just have to be vigilant for State versions of the AWB!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks GB. I agree that we must be more vigiliant than ever, especially on the state level. I hear that there are several bills regarding weapons issues that are slated to be introduced in the upcoming Nevada Legislature in January.

We have gained a few enemies of our gun rights in the past 10 or so years in the legislature, and they are liberals who share the same ideaology and rabid mindset of the same anti-gunners that were behind the AWB. I know who these enemies are and they will soon come out from under the bridge like the Trolls that they are.

One person in the Nevada Legislature that is 115% on our side is Lynn Hettrick, (R) Gardnerville, NV. He has fought tooth and nail to keep our gun rights sacred here in Nevada. He is respected by his colleagues in the legislature, and I know he will continue to fight for us in the upcoming legislative session.

You can contact Lynn at any time. He is accessable and he will return all your calls and/or e-mails personally with sincerity and concern, not through a canned form letter. He is a true Patriot for our rights.

Lynn Hettrick

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The flip side to this is far more dangerous for us--the liberals, instead of seeing the logic above as we all do, might just say "well heck...we need to ban ALL rifles of this type--not just by name or features, but by FUNCTION--semi auto, military cartridge, and no more than ONE evil feature!!"

That would suck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top