BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2005 7:31:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]

My place.Fri nite camping OK
Range fee $10.00 minimum(donations always accepted)
Bring:
Pistol
holster(no shoulder or crossdraw)
magazine pouches
ammo(300 minimum)
5 DUMMY ROUNDS
No alcohol or shot timers

Maybe we should bring carbines too?

I'll be there. Will be in touch re the pre-shoot work party (which I expect a number of people will step up for, hint hint). Am also willing to help with admin in any way I can.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
i still really wished i could have made the last shoot. but i WILL make this one. i already cleared the weekend. i have a much better holster now, just looking for a gunbelt wich i'll have for this shoot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting out of work might be difficult, but if I can I'll be there.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
What's kickout time?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I should be there about 1300 Sat., and will stay through Sun.

No dummy rounds on hand.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:13:26 AM EDT
[#7]
We have a family camping trip at Gov. Dodge that weekend.  It's tempting since we will be close already, but I won't be able to commit until closer to the 17th.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
...new york reloads...

How nice of you to be thinking of me!

You know my schedule re: the 17th and work.  No job = FMD (possibly +AO) at DRC for no fun.  Unfortunately, I think this will be the first work party I miss, as I'm booked pretty solid from now through late October.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll try and make it up for Sat.  Not positive yet.  Would likely be driving up Sat morning and leaving Sat afternoon/evening.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I will be there for the shoot, still working on making it to the work party.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm on vacation right now, I'll have to check the on call schedule when I go back to work Monday.  If I'm not working, I'll be there!  I'll help on the admin side as well if you would like.  

TheKill "The Voice"

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't make it, I'm in a class.  Hopefully the next one!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:06:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to be there. I'll probably drive up sat. morning and come home sat. evening after we're done.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I am ON CALL for this weekend guys, so it's no go.  

I still have the 24th/25th free.

Suggest a poll with 30 day lead time.

Also, I will be looking to host a shoot and barbeque soon in Watertown, possibly the 24th/25th.  Have to check with my club president.

Kill
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:29:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Where is this? And...do I need to be LEO/Military to be involved? I would like to try some of these training things, but dont know where to start. I am new here, nice to meet you all. I live near Madison. :)
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#16]
No Go for FMD/AnnieO.

Both of us will be working on Saturday Night.

dpixel8:  No, you don't have to be Mil/LEO, but these "no fun" shoots are primarily for Defensive Edge class alumni.

IIRC, there's only been one or two non-alumni allowed so far, and both are guys that we've shot with previously (i.e. we are familiar with their skill level, and are comfortable with their gun-handling and safety).  This is incredibly important as we practice/train with a "hot" range, and in very close proximity to one another.  With due respect to both of them, that exception was made a while ago, and the DE training "regulars" have progressed enough to where I would be a little uncomfortable with them shooting with us now.

Start hanging out at the "fun" shoots with the regular Wisconsin HT crew, and take a DE class the next time Sully is in town.  You'll be able to have "no fun" at these training/skill reinforcement shoots in no time!

-K
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#17]

-K

Thanks man! I appreciate it. I'll look and try to find a fun shoot to go to, as well as the training classes. I am very responsible and safe with my firearms. Learned that a long time ago from my father. But I agree, you need to see it first hand and trust people. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have a couple molle compatable pistol mag pouches I could barrow for the this? I want to break in the new gear but didn't have enough cash to pick up some pistol mag pouches when I ordered the rig. If not no biggie I've still got the one double mag pouch on the pistol belt.

ETA: i'll be showing up with PX. On Saturday
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
No Go for FMD/AnnieO.

Both of us will be working on Saturday Night.

-K

And somewhere in Wisconsin, hostage targets are breathing a sigh of relief

Sucks yall can't make it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:18:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

What's kickout time?

I knew I forgot something.
Clearout time:Sunday 9/18 1600 HRS.

I don't have anything structured for Sat PM/Sun AM,,,I'm waiting to see what the rsvp will be.
It's a full moon that weekend,but I need to keep the 'nighttime' shooting low-key until I get around and talk with my neighbors abit.I'm all for shaking down gear during a little moonlight indian 'run'.

Maybe we should bring carbines too?

carbines with a sling, ammo, mag carriers,shotguns,shotgun boollets,rifles,new york reloads,legal toys,bring your training gear,be ready to apply force

bulletcatchR

PErhaps we could do a little precision rifle work??? Let me know, I'll bring mine then, otherwise I'm packing "light" with the guns.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:22:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
And somewhere in Wisconsin, hostage targets are breathing a sigh of relief

Better hope AO doesn't see that, or she'll order me to take you hostage.

She's got the power to do it, I tell ya!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:26:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd be in for this. Obviously, BulletcatchR, I have spoken with you.

Curious for any of the guys who have been before, what do I need to wear? Sorry if its a dumb question. Tactical pants/boots....? h.gif

Also, dont know if I'll be able to camp out Friday  night, but we'll see. Also, what is this "work party" you refer to? Are you guys all Military/LEO?

heh, you'll all think I am a punk kid. this is going to be funny. I just look young though. I am really 26
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#26]
BulletcatcheR-

I would love to learn from someone who is highly skilled. That is the whole idea behind this for me. If I wanted to just shoot rounds, I have pleanty of places to do that. But I would rather hone in the skills that I have, as well as learning as many other skills as I can.

So, cargo pants/combat boots or tennis shoes...? Do I NEED a specific special firearms belt? I have a nylon holster for my Glock and 2 mags, but no mag holders. Maybe I'll go pick some stuff up. Just let me know what I would defiently need.

Again, you guys are great at making someone feel comfortable. You keep this up here at this site, and I see no reason you wont get more people who are interested in coming out to learn.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Are you guys all Military/LEO?

Nope.

Were a nice mix of everything.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Another 'small' suggestion for the 'unwashed'.

Get your ass over to tactics and training forum and READ UP!.
Then search and read the DE class AARs and take notes,plenty to pick up on in those.

bulletcatchR

:thumbsup: will do!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:09:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

BulletcatcheR-
I would love to learn from someone who is highly skilled.That is the whole idea behind this for me. If I wanted to just shoot rounds, I have pleanty of places to do that. But I would rather hone in the skills that I have, as well as learning as many other skills as I can.

Let's just say highly motivated.I'm looking for the same thing.

bulletcatchR

much better choice of words. And these reads you directed me to are very good also!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
BulletcatcheR-

I would love to learn from someone who is highly skilled. That is the whole idea behind this for me. If I wanted to just shoot rounds, I have pleanty of places to do that. But I would rather hone in the skills that I have, as well as learning as many other skills as I can.

So, cargo pants/combat boots or tennis shoes...? Do I NEED a specific special firearms belt? I have a nylon holster for my Glock and 2 mags, but no mag holders. Maybe I'll go pick some stuff up. Just let me know what I would defiently need.

Again, you guys are great at making someone feel comfortable. You keep this up here at this site, and I see no reason you wont get more people who are interested in coming out to learn.

Well if BC will let me barrow his PALS magpouches I'll have an uncle mikes double mag pouch you can use, but I won't be up till about noonish on Saturday. One thing misterPX pointed out to me is that a letherman type case will work for a mag pouch, and it works well at that.

What ever you use for a blelt make sure that it is sturdy. Standard belts don't always hold up that well. Cargo/BDU pants are the way to go at least in my opinion. Don't worry to much about gear like LBVs and chest rigs and stuff. It's fun, but yer best off going with what you would normaly have on you. I use my tac gear a lot for classes, and when working on my own time, but I also go through everything in what I would normaly wear and with my CCW rig as well.

Out of all the stuff you can/could possibly bring with you, an open mind is the most important.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Well if BC will let me barrow his PALS magpouches I'll have an uncle mikes double mag pouch you can use, but I won't be up till about noonish on Saturday. One thing misterPX pointed out to me is that a letherman type case will work for a mag pouch, and it works well at that.

What ever you use for a blelt make sure that it is sturdy. Standard belts don't always hold up that well. Cargo/BDU pants are the way to go at least in my opinion. Don't worry to much about gear like LBVs and chest rigs and stuff. It's fun, but yer best off going with what you would normaly have on you. I use my tac gear a lot for classes, and when working on my own time, but I also go through everything in what I would normaly wear and with my CCW rig as well.

Out of all the stuff you can/could possibly bring with you, an open mind is the most important.

Thats what I have. An open mind! :)  And I have an Uncle Mikes holster, so maybe ill stop at Gander and see if I can pick up a mag case. Would be good to have anyways. I dont want to rely on others' equipment. All of this is part of that: getting things that I will need anyways. Thats why i originally purchased my Baby-Glock: for when/if the CCW ever goes through.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
BulletcatcheR-

I wouldn't be too concerned about what you bring. Just keep an open mind because you'll learn what equipment works and is good and what is a waste.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I haven't used a lot of different gear, so i don't know what I should or shouldn't have necessarily. But I'm sure not going to spend a bunch of money on something only to find out that it doesn't work how I want it too.

I'm hoping that shoots like these will not only help in improving my skills, but also give me a chance to see what the more experienced guys are using and maybe even get a chance to try out their gear to see what works for me and what doesn't.

One thing that you may want to consider is that Sully does not recommend the nylon holsters. At the DE handgun class I took he told us kydex or leather (he favors leather most). I'd go ahead and bring what you have, but take a look at what some other people have and see what you like. I'm personally brining my Comp-tac kydex holster for my Glock 19 and Comp-tac mag holder. I'll be happy to let you take a look and try it out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I wouldn't be too concerned about what you bring. Just keep an open mind because you'll learn what equipment works and is good and what is a waste.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I haven't used a lot of different gear, so i don't know what I should or shouldn't have necessarily. But I'm sure not going to spend a bunch of money on something only to find out that it doesn't work how I want it too.

I'm hoping that shoots like these will not only help in improving my skills, but also give me a chance to see what the more experienced guys are using and maybe even get a chance to try out their gear to see what works for me and what doesn't.

One thing that you may want to consider is that Sully does not recommend the nylon holsters. At the DE handgun class I took he told us kydex or leather (he favors leather most). I'd go ahead and bring what you have, but take a look at what some other people have and see what you like. I'm personally brining my Comp-tac kydex holster for my Glock 19 and Comp-tac mag holder. I'll be happy to let you take a look and try it out.

Again, thanks for all the great info! I'll just bring my normal cargo BDUs then and some everyday stuff that I already have. Havent even fired my new AR yet...so this is going to be great. If anyone thinks of any other great info, feel free to either post it up, or instead of wasting space in this thread, you can PM me too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#36]
one more post....after reading a bunch of you guys' posts in the thread about your first times/inhibitions, etc, I am DEFINETLY coming this weekend. Yeah, I was a little..."scared", because yes, I do think I know quite a bit about safety. I know most people my age, friends or otherwise whom I have met, I know much more than they do. But I really would like to learn a LOT more. So, heres to training! See you all Saturday. (fri if I can camp. you guys bringing tents? hehe, i'll just sleep in my jeep.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm GTG for Sat.  I'll be driving up in the morning, hopefully arriving by 9:00.  Heading out in the late afternoon/early evening.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
...these shoots are for anybody that's willing to train and/or has something to offer. ...I think things will work out the other direction and we'll get MORE folks interested in taking classes.

BulletcatchR==><==FMD

Sorry (to both of you) if I overstepped my bounds.

Wish I wasn't working.  On the plus side, I'll be able to go to the funshow here at home, and talk to Navy SEALS.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#39]
The sidekick and I should be rolling in around 8:30-9:00.

Hey FMD tell the boss you are taking the day off no matter what he says........ Ohhh wait
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The sidekick wife and I should be rolling in around 8:30-9:00.

Hey FMD tell the boss you are taking the day off no matter what he says........ Ohhh wait

Screw you.  Fixed it.  

I'll tell the boss, but I don't think he'll let me out to play.

ETA: Sorry T, but he was aking for it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I have too much to do tonight to come camping. Thanks for the offer though. Ill be up there bright and early though, minus a mag holster. Ran around all afternoon today still trying to find one, even Rusk, to no avail. Hope thats not a huge problem. If so, I'll still have lots of fun watching.

Ill be in and out tonight hopefully, if not, see you all in the A.M.

dpixel8
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The sidekick wife and I should be rolling in around 8:30-9:00.

Screw you.  Fixed it.  

I'll tell the boss, but I don't think he'll let me out to play.

ETA: Sorry T, but he was aking for it.

Dude, your jealousy is getting out of hand. I was flattered at first, but you need to accept that you and I can simply never be. I'm sorry.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Dude, your jealousy is getting out of hand. I was flattered at first, but you need to accept that you and I can simply never be. I'm sorry.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#45]
hock.gif

whats goin on here?? hahaha

on another front, I just put together my $10 Ace Hardware Sling...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#46]
BC I do believe that PX and i will be campng out Sat. night.

As fer that full moon, I'll bring the .22 coversion/suppressor and some 60gr SSS rounds. See if we can't find something to shoot at night.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#47]
anyone want me to bring my dads' Bullpup? Let me know
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#49]
i see that more people are camping so i got nothin to do on sunday so i'll prolly stay the night. the last night shoot at BC's was a blast. I'll be on and off tonight i gota pick up a few things.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

whats goin on here??

Esprit de Corps run amok.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top