Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Posted: 12/13/2010 12:58:30 PM EDT
One of my buddies, who is a Rep for a coastal community introduced a suppressor bill on Saturday during the special session. Basically, it mirrors federal law, so if the owner follows FED.GOV law, you are good to go. He was able to get a few fairly liberal folks to sign off on it as well. Believe it or not, he's a D.

I'll follow up with any progress reports as they happen.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
One can dream...  
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Hope springs eternal.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One can dream...  

I see what you did there
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
One of my buddies, who is a Rep for a coastal community introduced a suppressor bill on Saturday during the special session.  Basically, it mirrors federal law, so if the owner follows FED.GOV law, you are good to go.  He was able to get a few fairly liberal folks to sign off on it as well.  Believe it or not, he's a D.

Where can one go to read about the differences in WA law vs. Fed law? I've been told that we are able to purchase and own suppressors here in WA but it was "illegal to use"
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Hope it passes this time tired of driving to Oregon to use mine.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Basically wa has no exemption in the law for legally owned supressors whether they are legally owned by a civilian or a leo agency.I know of at least 2 people on the dry side who are trying to get cited for it so they can fight it from that angle but so far cops want to shoot their guns once they see the paperwork.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Basically wa has no exemption in the law for legally owned supressors whether they are legally owned by a civilian or a leo agency.I know of at least 2 people on the dry side who are trying to get cited for it so they can fight it from that angle but so far cops want to shoot their guns once they see the paperwork.

Wait. Somebody is trying to get cited intentionally?  How much sense does that make?
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know of at least 2 people on the dry side who are trying to get cited for it so they can fight it from that angle but so far cops want to shoot their guns once they see the paperwork.

Wait. Somebody is trying to get cited intentionally?  How much sense does that make?

Thanks to our common law judicial roots, the only way to challenge an illegal law (once it's passed) is to be tried under that same law. So someone's gotta get charged before the state law (which conflicts with fed law) can be struck down by the courts.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know of at least 2 people on the dry side who are trying to get cited for it so they can fight it from that angle but so far cops want to shoot their guns once they see the paperwork.

Thanks to our common law judicial roots, the only way to challenge an illegal law (once it's passed) is to be tried under that same law. So someone's gotta get charged before the state law (which conflicts with fed law) can be struck down by the courts.

I see.  Well more power to the idiots who are trying to test that theory. Way to take one for the team!
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I think their thinking is that since so far the legislative branch has failed so they want to try the judicial beanch

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much sense does that make?

the only way to challenge an illegal law (once it's passed) is to be tried under that same law. So someone's gotta get charged before the state law (which conflicts with fed law) can be struck down by the courts.

Well more power to the idiots who are trying to test that theory. Way to take one for the team!

I'd say the idiots are the ones who setup a legal system where the only way it could be changed is by people volunteering to become criminals, but that's MHO.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

if that'sthe case then A) no one's ever actually been tried for it or, more likely B) those who have been charged either take their punishment or don't want to be that poster boy and make the stand
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Be nice to see a wham bam "they are legal" ruling.  I'm getting tired rowing my boat into International Waters to shoot with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't want my interests represented by anyone foolish enough to make themselves a test case.

Quoted:

There is also the possibility of challenging existing laws as being a violation of one's civil rights (ex. DC v. Heller), without actually violating a statute.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Be nice to see a wham bam "they are legal" ruling.  I'm getting tired rowing my boat into International Waters to shoot with a suppressor.
Group buy on a motor so we can all go shoot offshore in silly's rubber raft.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
cops want to shoot their guns once they see the paperwork.

This has been the case with me many times.
Think I will put in for three more form 1 stamps just incase this bill backfires in our face.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#17]
That's the same line of thinking that our founding fathers were using when they organized their party.

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want my interests represented by anyone foolish enough to make themselves a test case.

Quoted:

There is also the possibility of challenging existing laws as being a violation of one's civil rights (ex. DC v. Heller), without actually violating a statute.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Can we get one for SBRs too?
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#19]
No sbr no full auto unless you owned it legally pre 86? No sbs  yes to aow

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
cops want to shoot their guns once they see the paperwork.

This has been the case with me many times.
Think I will put in for three more form 1 stamps just incase this bill backfires in our face.

.......charge me already...
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#21]
speaking of Suppressors....... just got the call today, another one of mine got approved this morning. Form 4 on its way back to Hot Gates Armory. another can approved using a trust, the DGS trust .........I hope the BATFE doesn't kick in my door....
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does that work? How can one justify "standing" at the hearing in order to continue to an actual trial. Wouldn't one need to prove they had suffered because of the law?

It's gotta be pretty hard to convince a judge that your life was a-ok and now it's a shambles because you're not allowed to use a suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
One of my buddies, who is a Rep for a coastal community introduced a suppressor bill on Saturday during the special session.  Basically, it mirrors federal law, so if the owner follows FED.GOV law, you are good to go.  He was able to get a few fairly liberal folks to sign off on it as well.  Believe it or not, he's a D.

Cary Condotta told me the supprssor bill was coming back, sponsored by a D, he wouldnt say who though.  Their reasoning was that going this route, it has a much bigger chance of actually going some where, and maybe passing.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Double Tap
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Cheap Chinese cans for everyone!
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No sbr no full auto unless you owned it legally pre 86? No sbs  yes to aow

You would be grandfatherd in if purchased in WA before 1994 or
was it 95.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. That foolishness has overturned many a law including challenging the Seattle firearms ban

2. Heller was charged with illegally possessing a firearm in his place of residence.

Read a bit more before you speak from the top of the back of your legs.

It's chess not checkers.

<off to google to make sure I'm not talking from the same location>

EDIT: I can't find a reference to Heller being charged, crow for dinner.  My apologies
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Heller sued - he wasn't cited.  Rosa Parks was cited.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Heller sued - he wasn't cited. Rosa Parks was cited.

Yea, edited as appropriate  
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Heller sued - he wasn't cited.  Rosa Parks was cited.

Edited because It sounded Racist...I did not mean to make you feel butthurt.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of my buddies, who is a Rep for a coastal community introduced a suppressor bill on Saturday during the special session. Basically, it mirrors federal law, so if the owner follows FED.GOV law, you are good to go. He was able to get a few fairly liberal folks to sign off on it as well. Believe it or not, he's a D.

Cary Condotta told me the supprssor bill was coming back, sponsored by a D, he wouldnt say who though. Their reasoning was that going this route, it has a much bigger chance of actually going some where, and maybe passing.
The sponsor's a pretty good guy.  Hunter, fisherman, all around hick.  For some reason he wants me to run, AS A D!  ANyway, he isn't afraid to run things up the flag pole, as he is pretty secure in his seat.  Blake.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Cary Condotta told me the supprssor bill was coming back, sponsored by a D, he wouldnt say who though. Their reasoning was that going this route, it has a much bigger chance of actually going some where, and maybe passing.
The sponsor's a pretty good guy.  Hunter, fisherman, all around hick.  For some reason he wants me to run, AS A D!  ANyway, he isn't afraid to run things up the flag pole, as he is pretty secure in his seat.  Blake.  

He is pretty good on some things but is definitely a D.  Interesting to hear it is him sponsoring this.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#33]
folks keep flogging that dolphin through the halls of Olympia and we're going to wind up with an LE only clause.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Members of the Judiciary have assured me that all gun bills die in committe(sp), good or bad.  But one can hope.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
folks keep flogging that dolphin through the halls of Olympia and we're going to wind up with an LE only clause.

This is what I think will happen and they may even go after banning them from civies next if the to many warms get out of the can.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LE only

banning them from civies

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

if that'sthe case then A) no one's ever actually been tried for it or, more likely B) those who have been charged either take their punishment or don't want to be that poster boy and make the stand

The cases, that I know of, where someone has been charged with unlawful use of a suppressor have all been illegally owned suppressors, just charged on the state level. I think someone on NWFA was trying to use public disclosure requests on those charges and so far has not found any.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BLAKE

He is pretty good on some things but is definitely a D. Interesting to hear it is him sponsoring this.

Brian isn't a bad guy at all.  D's on the coast, for the most part, are a whole different breed than the fucking D's those Seattle folks have elected.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
BLAKE

He is pretty good on some things but is definitely a D. Interesting to hear it is him sponsoring this.

Brian isn't a bad guy at all.  D's on the coast, for the most part, are a whole different breed than the fucking D's those Seattle folks have elected.  

Out here in SW Washington we call the Seattle D a more appropriate name: Communists!
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#40]
There is a Wa Attorney General Oppion that says the law has TWO issues "ownership" and "use" why not just bring a case against the state that the law is unconsitutional because of multiple issues?

-The Legislature at this time has never been held to this standard ONLY us voters.

-State has stipulated that there are TWO issues.

How is this not a slam dunk case?

It would also legalize a bunch of other weapons.

As to being "harmed" taxes are not being collected by the Feds, or the State and we need money (appealing to greedy nature of people).

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Im intreaged by this, a real insider a true "from the people " "for the people" politition that would use logic to make choices with no currupted political past??
(Not to mention his security detail at an lcr could bring all the fun toys (for his protection and all )  )
Is this (im assuming not as a D.) somthing  you have given any thought to in any way?? polititions have potential to do good  but  seem to always be  corrupted  before they even get running.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is he still dating that R?

Link Posted: 12/14/2010 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I will be have 1 or more if this becomes law.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I will be have 1 or more if this becomes law.

You will behave?

Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I want to get a few more BEFORE this becomes law. Everything in this state goes backwards on us at the last second.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#46]
I need one in .308, .45 and .40 still then I'll be good

T
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Where do I find the cheap chinese ones?
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#48]
GemTech Alpine .22 can was approved on a Form4 yesterday, just waiting for the Stamp and paperwork it to get mailed back to Hot Gates Armory. if you need a can at a GREAT Price, with GREAT Customer Service IM "Scollins" he is the MAN.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

The sponsor's a pretty good guy. Hunter, fisherman, all around hick. For some reason he wants me to run, AS A D! ANyway, he isn't afraid to run things up the flag pole, as he is pretty secure in his seat. Blake.

Im intreaged by this, a real insider a true "from the people " "for the people" politition that would use logic to make choices with no currupted political past??

(Not to mention his security detail at an lcr could bring all the fun toys (for his protection and all ) )

Is this (im assuming not as a D.) somthing you have given any thought to in any way?? polititions have potential to do good but seem to always be corrupted before they even get running.

School board is as political as I'll ever get.  I'm too politically incorrect, and other folks know where I've burried a few bodies so I'll just sit back and let my friend help us out on a few issues.  I do write letters regularly to various elected officials and appointed assholes.

Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Where do I find the cheap Chinese ones?

Not Chinese but decent prices and most of them are take apart for cleaning if needed.
link to decent priced cans

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top