Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2010 9:40:34 AM EDT
Just saw this come up on another forum, and as a former and future WA resident this is concerning.  Even if it will ultimately fail, it'd be good strategy to make sure this goes down in flames at the very mention of an AWB in Washington.

Full text of the bill here

Writeup at Examiner.com here

Four anti-gun Democrat lawmakers representing four Seattle-area districts have filed a bill to ban so-called “assault weapons” in Washington State, with definitions based almost entirely on cosmetics rather than on the actual function of the firearm.
  The bill is sponsored by State Senators Adam Kline (37th District), Jeanne Kohl-Welles (36th District), Darlene Fairley (32nd District) and Joe McDermott (34th District). McDermott is the majority assistant floor leader.

I'd respectfully request the mods sticky this thread as breaking legislation of great interest to WA forum members.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I just saw this new bill, on another site, yesterday. What crap. I SWEAR, if this passes, I'm running for Sheriff next time, on a platform of NOT enforcing this "law", or gathering evidense for the prostitution of it. Er, prosecution, my bad.
The "pot is about to boil-over", I don't think we have much time left. "Keep your weapons clean, loaded, and handy". And good luck, in the GREAT COLLAPSE!
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Click the link Thane posted folks. I'm fairly confident that not only will this bill not pass, but that the Right thinking lawmakers are ready to go on the offensive, emplacing legislation to further protect our rights here in the State of WA.

Write and call the lawmakers, MANY of us have done so, but more can't hurt.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Dang, I went back like four pages to see if it had been mentioned yet...

And that is why you sticky AWB legislation threads!

Link Posted: 1/19/2010 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#5]
only 4 pages? where do you think you are the Texas HTF?
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And that is why you sticky AWB legislation threads! http://www.mangocado.ca/wp-content/themes/mangocado/weatherman.jpg  

Feel free to take it up via IM with Phil_in_Seattle (one of our two Mods).  
Be sure to send said IM THIS WEEK, after 10pm Pacific Time!

Link Posted: 1/19/2010 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top