Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:57:12 PM EDT
I know, its a bit early...I'll be meeting some of the LA Arfcommers in a little while, but I thought I should at least post what happened so far....

So, class let out early I figured it was time to go on walkabout.  What better place than:

Some VERY nice cars, this one in particular.  

Looks like even the high end hotels have the same issues other businesses have

Of course I looked at all the high end name brands

Tiffany & Co

Gucchi

The other Gucci

and of course, Radio shack

Had a bite to eat (pizza by the slice for rich people tastes the same). Then went for a drive around Beverly Hills

Saw a lot of "starter homes"

All of which got me thinking.  "Where is the Playboy Mansion?"  So I  began my quest.  Looked up the mansion on my blackberry, no results except for the address to Playboy Studios in Santa Monica.  Well, good enough, Lets go!

Nope, not quite it, but I marked the location for 1Gr

Almost, This would be the Larry Flynt Publications building

Well, I never found it.  Passed by MGM, Paramount, Sony, etc etc etc,  where Playboy was SUPPOSED to be, was a catholic school.  Coincidence? I think not!  Hippynik suggests that it may be a front.  Anywhoo, with that letdown, time to go home.  Traffic yet again sucked.

But was definately entertaining at times.  Check out the lift on this bad boy:

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Find the Mansion!!!!!!

If I were a rich bastard, I would tip the scab bellhops with $100's just to piss off the strikers and CavVet.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Find the Mansion!!!!!!

FIND ME THE ADDRESS!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#3]
10236 Charing Cross Road in Holmby Hills, (Westwood) Los Angeles, California.

You can see it on Google Earth.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Find the Mansion!!!!!!

FIND ME THE ADDRESS!!!!!

Here's what Google told me.

The address is 10236 Charing Cross Road, which is only five minutes drive from UCLA. Head east along West Sunset Boulevard, turn right into South Mapleton Drive and then make a left into Charing Cross Road.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]
10236 Charing Cross Road
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Fantastic.....Hopefully my day 4 pics will include that.

DAMN! I was RIGHT NEAR THERE!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Just look for the:

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
So I went ot meet the Cali "crew".....at a pub up by UCLA.  I'm standing out in front finishing my smoke and a guy walks up to me and says "does the phrase "get both" mean anything to you?".

Mall-ninja everybody!

well, he's the only one of the crew that decided to show up.  had a good time BSing about BS in particular.  Someday I'll meet the rest.  He has been instructed to attend an LCR.  We'll see.  I'm sure he'd love to shoot an ar that doesn't have a horizontal tampon for a pistol grip.

Time to check out the hotel bar again.  G'NIGHT folks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Time to check out the hotel bar again drunk dial CavVet.  G'NIGHT folks!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I met Hef and about 8 of the girls at Halloween Haunt last year.  Looked like somebody used a cookie cutter.  All long blonde hair, all the same shade, all top heavy and all came up to about my shoulder in height.

But I would make the sacrifice if I had too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:14:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Tiffany & Co

ar15.mcternen.com/pics/la/19.jpg

I used to work at that place, the whole property not Tiffany's.. doing graveyard security I hate that place..

and I would have gone tonight but was working till 12:30
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:24:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So I went ot meet the Cali "crew".....at a pub up by UCLA.

Dammit where did you guys go? I could've used a break, spent about 5 hours yesterday in the library studying
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So I went ot meet the Cali "crew".....at a pub up by UCLA.

Dammit where did you guys go? I could've used a break, spent about 5 hours yesterday in the library studying

look here or just browse here
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I was going to say you need to go to the Griffith Observatory, but it's closed.
Have you made it to Venice Beach yet?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top