Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 8:36:02 AM EDT
About an hour ago I was reading my email under a screen name I check infrequently.
I received an email from a friend that was so sad and shocking that I had
to  turn off my computer and go put my head down in order to compose myself.

We were in the same Navy squadron, although at different times.
We got to know each other through a reunion and the squadrons association.

There  is no easy way to rephrase Lorenzo's message, so I am just goiong to
paste it in  below.

The wife and daughter of a friend were murdered in Kennewick on August first.

www.kndu.com/article.src?ID=35193&V=&Type=News&042f3af23d

Lord, I want vengance on him and his entire family.
Wiped clean from the earth.

No gun show for me, at least for today.

This is his email.

It has been a long time since we have communicated. I have dearly
missed the interaction. We moved  locally in November, To the most beautiful
quite neighborhood you could have  ever imagined. The neighborhood we left was
beginning to become gang and drug invested. I don't believe their was a day
that went by that we  didn't thank God for what He had blessed us with.

As of August 1st at approximately 2:00 p.m. My Wife and Daughter were
tragically  murdered in our home while I was at work. I arrived home to find the
street  swarming with Police and media. I wound up in emergency with my Sister in
law across the room from me.

As of last night the apprehended the suspect in Vancouver Washington about
250 miles to the West. The  coward bastard shot himself in the head and is brain
dead and will be pulled  off life support tomorrow.

I have a lot  more details but will not share them at this time, because of the ongoing  investigation.

I have been so impressed with the Police Department here. Three  of the
detectives were my Fathers pall  bears at his funeral. They have and will be
relentless, till every scum bag involved is caught and brought  to justice. The scum
bag had killed his in laws over a year ago and has been  on the run since.

He was aired on Americas Most Wanted and their  may be an update tomorrow night
on the  show, the name is James Moran.

Their is a lot more I would like to share but  because of the investigation I will share at a later date. I would like you to  share this with the group. Our whole Family needs prayers.

I am at my Brothers In laws hiding from the media, and will be here  for
sometime. My house is being repaired and cleaned at this time. I was their today
outside watering my wife's plants and have a peace about being  their, but
could not bring myself to go inside.

I love everyone of you guys,  please take care and lift us up in all your prayers.

Lorenzo

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn....

Just Damn...

I know the Lord is looking out for your Shipmate, and I hope he knows it also.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry Bro.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Local Report.

Sad sad story, sorry man.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Very sorry to hear this. Best wishes to your friend and his.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Happened not far from where I live.  It's been one of those weeks when I make sure my 870's loaded before I go to sleep (there's a lot of nights around here like that in the summer).  I can't even begin to imagine the pain of having the two most important people in your life taken away by some murderous asshole.  My prayers go out to the family and loved ones of the victims.

Abe
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Man.......
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]

The coward bastard shot himself in the head and is brain
dead and will be pulled off life support tomorrow.

That's the best part of the story...I'm truly sorry about the rest of it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#8]
That really friekin' sucks!! He will be in prayers tonite!

Is there some way I could make a donation to help him during these times?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Man I can't fathom losing two of your dearest loved ones let alone in that manner.

Prayer inbound for all those affected by this.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to hear
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#13]
The latest email.

You don't know how disturbed I am right now......

I have just finished monitoring the site (NOT AR15) and have read all replies.

My mind is not functioning well at this time but am holding my own. The following is very graphic so please do not read if this if it may cause any problems. It helps me to go through the happenings as best I know.

My house has been returned back to me as of yesterday Friday 8,2005. I have not been their since Monday. I went to water my wife's plants and was very much at peace being their. The cleaning and repairs were completed as of 5:00 p.m. today Sunday 8/7/2005.

I will be staying at my Brothers In Laws for a while. The bodies were released yesterday and we will be making arrangements tomorrow at 9:00 a.m.

So please pray for me. I refuse to call it a funeral it will be a celebration of Linda's and Danielle's life. If anyone decides to attend it will be very casual.

I would not mind if their names were honored in some way but it is the memberships choice. The friends Danielle had and their parents have had a car wash the last two days to help me out but the money will be used in some way for something at Soutridge High School  Chamber Choir that Danielle belonged to.

I will now start at the beginning. I arrived home Monday the first to a street full of police and media, couldn't even turn on my street.

They immediately took me to the station when finding out my name.

After giving my statement and checking where I had been all day I was released but broke down and wound up in the emergency along with my Sister In Law.

We were discharge at about 11:00 p.m.

We had immediately suspected the boyfriend since Danielle had decided she was going to break up with him.

They captured him about three hours later and was questioned for over 7 hours and taking a polyagraph which was inconclusive. Even though He might be out of the woods it as cleared up a lot of burglaries and he gave up his gun fence and drug dealers so many local crimes will be solved and a lot of scumbags will be locked up.

The police called the night James Moran was captured and wanted to see us,

They said they had good news. They stopped by told us of the story of him being stopped in Vancouver.

The two people he was with were not kidnapped and the guy is being cooperative.

She is not because I suspect she was in the house with him.

Tomorrow he will show the detectives where he dumped my wife's purse.

The gun has been recovered and will be checked to see if it is the same gun that was used on my wife and daughter. I believe their will be others standing trial for these crimes.

You may stop reading here because I will tell you what I know that happened.

The front door was locked but I am sure that my wife had been out watering plants and left the sliding door unlocked but it was a normal practice when we are at home it is such a peaceful neighborhood.

My Daughter was downstairs having lunch before she left for work.

She heard the noise not exactly known.

She called 911 and they told her to stay put and lock her self in her room.

She has always been a scraper and even though we had some problems with her She loved her mother very much.

She went up stairs and they could her her say get the F*** off my Mother.

At that time the assailant shot my wife right between the eyes at such close range that she was burned.

He turned and shot at my Daughter missing and that was the bullet they found in the tub.

My Daughter ran and hid between the wall and the dresser. He came around the corner shot again and missed they found that slug in the fence.

Then he walked up at put a shot through the top of the head.

This man was pure evil and I am so glad that I won't need to face him in court.

I can't even imagine the fear they went through.

He killed them for $68.00.

When I was taking to the Detective he told me this animal would kill for $10.00.

All three of them are junkies.

My gut feeling is They know where the gun came for, They will be charged His ex wife will be charged for harboring and I believe the woman was in the house and she will be charged with murder.

The guy is singing and will probably get charged with lesser crime.

Time will only tell these Detectives are relentless and will not stop till all involved are charged.

Sorry That it is so graphic and long but helps me. I hope someday the pain will go but I do know that my Wife and Daughter are in a better place.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm so sorry for his, and your pain.  It is great your friend can let this out if it helps him.   It is unfortunate that we need to hear this sometimes so that perhaps, just maybe,  we might prevent this happening to our loved ones.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Good lord, I'm so sorry. That's terrible.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#17]
they need to shoot people like that on sight................ no more.......... I can barely take it............. I am going to go give my girl a kiss right now
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Incredible and painful to read. May God's peace find you.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#19]
OMG. That is awful. I could not even imagine it happening to my family. I don't know how I would cope. I wish the Husband/father and family the best. I really appreciate you relaying how this transpired, it's a learning experience. Just goes to show this can happen anywhere to anybody. I WILL be forcing my wife to read this thread. She is not anti gun, but she is not a regular firearms handler. Hopefully she will learn the importance of situational awareness and firearms training. Not that there was anything your wife could have done, but this will stay in my thoughts for the rest of my life

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Man the house is not far from mine here in Kennewick.
This is just sick.
My heart goes out to the family.

Just before school got out for my oldest kid one of her class mates was found dead with his siter and mother after there father had killed them and that was not far from my house either.

Just sick.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn, I got tears from reading the emails and the news link.

May God have a special place in heaven for Linda Moreno and Daniel Moreno.

and may God have a special place in hell for the scumbags who took the lives of this mother and daughter.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#22]
It's sickening that evil like that exists in this world.  I don't know the words to say, other than I hope your friend can continue to stay at peace (it sounds like he's doing a good job coping with it right now) and I hope justice is brought down on all who were involved.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:04:42 AM EDT
[#24]
I am incredibly saddned by the tragic loss that this family has experienced
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:17:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:19:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:19:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I live a block away from where it happened.

It is the the quietest, most peaceful neighborhood you could imagine.

I don't know the man personally, I just moved back here myself after getting out of the USMC.

My heart goes out to him.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:26:59 AM EDT
[#28]
my prayers....amen
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:48:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Really sorry.    I think I would go nuts if it happened to me.  

And some people are against capital punishment.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#31]

I need to go hug my wife and kids again after reading this.  It is so sad.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The latest email.

You don't know how disturbed I am right now......

He killed them for $68.00.

When I was taking to the Detective he told me this animal would kill for $10.00.

All three of them are junkies.

So much for drugs being a victimless crime.

Prayers for your friend and all who were touched by this senseless tragedy.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Any words I can think of right now just way too short, to express what I feel for you and the families whom have lost so much.

My heart and my prayers go out to those families in this terrible time that is must be for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top