Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2005 6:55:42 PM EDT
Notice the restrictions on these items at Sportsman's Guide?  
www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=180425

WARNING:These items cannot be sent to California or Washington State. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering these items.

None of those items are not illegal here.  I sent them an email telling them they should get it right.  I asked them to tell me which law makes these items illegal.  Since they can't, they should update their restrictions appropriately.

I have no intention of actually buying these items, but a friend pointed it out to the FNRL list....
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]

These items cannot be sent to California or Washington State. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering these items.

Just tell them that Phil says there are no laws in WA prohibiting these items.  

That should do it!
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell, Even Sportsmans Guide can see that we are on our way to being the next California...
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Had a run in with them via a long phone coversation and a few emails giving them the straight dope on Wa Laws and restrictions.... they claim to have received a letter from the AG of Wa. saying mags over 30rds capacity are no-no's for us.  Im sure because it says "M16" in the description that makes it a no-no also

It is possibly a misprint or they got wind of the attempted AW ban here nad decided to go ahead an sign on with it in anticipation or another letter from da new govner' ?...

Link Posted: 7/6/2005 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
More and more companies are succumbing to gov pressure even though it is only by inference and not law, instead of fighting against threats to their company they give in to feeding the crocodile in hopes of being eaten last, this ofcourse leads to the loss of the business and a disarming of the militia.

I am dead serious when I suggest people start their own small business supplying essential high demand items like common magazines, China has developed oil wells and pipe line in south America that cost China three times the market value of the oil, but China understands the lesson from Japan and Germany in WW2, if you can not supply during war you will not have when you need it.

In like manner if people do not learn to supply essential items now they will not have them in the future.

It's a good thing to make do your-self and quite relying on mail order from out of state.

Washington already has both AK and AR manufacturers, and thats a good thing but how many ammo manufacturers are their ?
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Washington already has both AK and AR manufacturers, and thats a good thing but how many ammo manufacturers are their ?

Im sure there are thousands...

Link Posted: 7/6/2005 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I e mailed them because they say they won't send mags in the mail. At least they answered me. They said the have a legal staff that tells them what's legal. I told them that I've received complete  parts kits in the mail and mags are not a problem. Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]
They're a bunch of bozos, and I gave up on them years ago. Their beef with over-30-round mags seems to come from their state laws, which define them as "machinegun parts" there, so they won't ship them here, because MG parts are illegal here-- I got a nosebleed trying to talk to them. Mostly it's like talking to the average Walmart sporting-goods-section guy-- you know, the one who can't tell .44 Magnum cartridges from .44 Special?

Good luck--
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top