Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 1:32:46 AM EDT
I am moving to Greenwood, IN at the end of this year.  I dont know many of you face to face, but I wanted to say thanks for being the good people that you are.  This is not an easy move for me, but in its infnite wisdom, WA keeps granting my exwife unsupervised visitation with my daughter.  

For those of you that dont know the whole story, I'll nutshell it for you. My ex allowed my 4 year old daughter to be molested by her boyfriend, repeatedly.  Since that time she has kept me in court trying to get visitation back.  This time she succeeded.  I have spent close to $50,000 in attornies fees over the last 3 years.  It has been emotionally, physically and monitarily draining.  I cant take this anymore.  My ex is a sick person, who has never seen the error of her ways, even though she watched the molestation.  I think she may have enjoyed it and maybe even participated.  Just so you dont think I am being bitter, most of this was in the Finding of Fact for the custody hearing.  Washington State is forcing my daughter to be with her mother who endangered her life.  

My move to Indiana is my last ditch effort.  Hopefully, I can get the case moved to IN jurisdiction quickly...  Most other states dont take to kindly to child endangerment.  

Thank you all for being supportive, sometimes it feels like this is the last sane place on earth (how sad is that??).

Joshua
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:36:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, I'm really sorry to hear that, I hope you get this settled and the bitch never sees your daughter again. Is your daughter OK?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:39:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is your daughter OK?

Mostly, but the effects may take years to rear their ugly heads.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is your daughter OK?

Mostly, but the effects may take years to rear their ugly heads.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:50:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:00:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Damnit. I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:39:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe you should invite your ex and her sick b-friend to the shoot....

I hope everything goes well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:00:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Prayers sent for you and your daughter.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

God bless you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't know that I can do anything for you, but if you need anything just ask. I will try to help in any way I can.

As much as I do appreciate you for saying this, I wouldn't even know where to begin...  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Prayers sent for you and your daughter.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

God bless you.

Thank you for your prayers.  I sometimes wonder if anyone is listening to them however.  To say that I have lost some faith in this, might not be a strong enough sentiment.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#10]
What you just wrote was one of the most responsible things I have seen come out of this board. Our only job in life as parents is to keep our children safe, you are doing that. I wish you luck. I know you have told me that you live in West Seattle, I, my friend would love to buy you a beer if you get the chance.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#11]
You are an excellant parent and are making the right decision to protect your daughter.

Although stressful and inconvenient ( not to mention expensive ) this venture will yield high rewards as you see your daughter grow up in a safe & healthy aptmoshere.

Best of luck to all of you
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:30:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I *can* advise you to get rid of that 454 and get a turbo diesel for a long trip like that.

Thats part of my problem, now the 454 isn't running right...  I think I am going to sell it here and buy a crappy car.  A replacement diesel is over $4000 (it originally came with the 6.2) but I got 20MPG with the 6.2.  Now I am getting about 5.5MPG .  I dont know if I can trust a crappy car to go the 2600 miles to Indiana.

As for contacts, my grandmother lives there, so I have a place to stay until I can get an apartment and a job.

The prospect of moving is getting more and more costly, but I have no other "legal" choice (trust me, I've thought of some not so legal ways)

2whiskeyP:  Maybe you should invite your ex and her sick b-friend to the shoot....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#15]
BlackDog714

You have enough of problems already .... you may wish to edit your post directly above this one. I understand your frustration and anger and am only mentioning this to help you out bro.

This is a PUBLIC FORUM and ceratin statements could be used against you and could make things more difficult than they already are.

best of luck

StrkAliteN
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Go get 'em, BlackDog.  It's tough to just read this, but don't abandon the Faith.  God really is listening.  For a more immediate relief, perhaps, consider that it's always better to suffer evil than to do it.  Take comfort in knowing that you're doing your best to do the just.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Good luck Blackdog.
I hope you  find a favorable court in Indy are able to get this straightened out.
Sick bitch.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
BlackDog714

You have enough of problems already .... you may wish to edit your post directly above this one. I understand your frustration and anger and am only mentioning this to help you out bro.

This is a PUBLIC FORUM and ceratin statements could be used against you and could make things more difficult than they already are.

best of luck

StrkAliteN

I understand what you mean, however it was done in jest.  I would never, ever jeopardize my daughters well being.  Going to jail would qualify as putting my daughter in jeopardy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Sorry to hear about your problems.  I hope that you and your daughter are able to find peace together when this is behind you.  Remember Alaska is a big place that a lot of people go to get lost.  Jobs are fairly easy to find (if you look), housing is reasonable, and I can tell you we don't take kindly to the shit you described.  
Good luck and smooth sailings
Chris
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your problems.  I hope that you and your daughter are able to find peace together when this is behind you.  Remember Alaska is a big place that a lot of people go to get lost.  Jobs are fairly easy to find (if you look), housing is reasonable, and I can tell you we don't take kindly to the shit you described.  
Good luck and smooth sailings
Chris

Thanks for the info and it might just come down to that, however at this point, this is a court sanctioned move.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top