Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2008 5:37:44 PM EDT
What could be better than a good old fashion Arizona shoot centered around the Automat Kalashnikova design. Here's the low down:

date: March 1st (saturday)
time: 9 AM
location: Tucson - Redington Pass (third shooting spot, on the left)
purpose: Shoot, meet, show off, have fun
intent: provide an opertunity for all you Автомат Калашникова fans to get together

only 2 rules for this puppy...

1. Firearms safety is to be first and foremost! You will get voted off the f'in island if not.

2. You must bring an AK47 or variant (SKS does not count). Saigas, VEPRs, WASRs, AK-47s, AK74s, RPKs, RPK74s, AK100s are all good to go.

Ofcourse, parking space will be limited, but I don't see an issue if you park keeping in mind that more folks will be showing up.

I intend to shoot 2-3k rounds, I suggest you bring it like you meen it!

Link Posted: 1/19/2008 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll mark this one down.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
To bad i dont have an AK or variant
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

borrow one
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Buy one you get there...
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Aww, too bad I don't have an AK variant and I work saturdays. Sounds like a cool idea for a shoot though. Post pics or something...
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Just a little something to spur fence riders

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:10:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Never been to Reddington pass.How exactly do you get there?Is just a desert shooting spot or a range?Can regular cars make it there,dirt road,ruts etc?
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Only problem with Reddington is you have a bunch of little gangbangers acting like idiots or some really unsafe people you have to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Never been to Reddington pass.How exactly do you get there?Is just a desert shooting spot or a range?Can regular cars make it there,dirt road,ruts etc?

Take Tanque Verde east until it turns to dirt. A regular car can make it fine if you drive slow. It's just desert shooting.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Google earth file members.cox.net/randerson83/AK Shoot.kmz

Dirt roads with moderate wash boarding, but  I have had cars up there before, BMW and a Grand Marquis LOL .
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool!
I be there with a few buddies if they dont flake at the last minute.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Cool.....

I will try to attend.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:27:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds pretty good.  Would ya'll let a temporary transplant go to the shoot? Have already been making new friends when I go to the range with the WASR2.  Gramps was not impressed with the shower of brass.  Anyway, how far is the shooting area from Chandler? Sounds like a bit of a cruise down there,?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sounds pretty good.  Would ya'll let a temporary transplant go to the shoot? Have already been making new friends when I go to the range with the WASR2.  Gramps was not impressed with the shower of brass.  Anyway, how far is the shooting area from Chandler? Sounds like a bit of a cruise down there,?

About 2 hours... maybe more.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#16]
We will be there early to stake our claim and keep the riff-raff out
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#17]
shenanigans aside, posting from work, you should be ashamed!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks whos talking.Watch out Dee might be watching!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Looks whos talking.Watch out Dee might be watching!!!

Ah shit, put that on a spread sheet!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I am so sick of spread sheets.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Is there going to be any class 3 toys down there?Rentals?
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#23]
height=8
Is there going to be any class 3 toys down there?Rentals?

I will look into arranging some PKMs......

Any other requests?  Ammo is not cheap though....  
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#24]
PKM,RPD and a Krink would be sweet!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Its a cruise, but more than welcome to join!
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#26]
From Chandler it wont be that far but I drove down from the phoenix stadium down to Tuscon the other day and it was roughly 128 miles one way.Not too bad if your driving with traffic at 90mph.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Planning on burning some hot dogs on the BBQ for everyone, will bring plenty of soda and water also
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#28]
If anyone is planning on bringing stuff to sell speak up now so we can bring more $$$.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#29]
I may have some 74s for sale up there, maybe a tantal aswell
Link Posted: 1/30/2008 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#30]
I was up there this last weekend and some idiots were shooting some aerosol cans. Now normally I don't mind if people shoot fun targets like aerosols when done safely, except these guys ended up starting a nice sized fire. Instead of flagging a car down for help they bailed. My buddies and I were doing some shooting and 4x4ing earlier that day and were driving home. We passed the very spot you guys will be shooting at. Nobody was shooting there at the time, but we saw some significant smoke and parked the vehicle. We all jumped out with water bottles and with the help of another samaritan we were able to put out a signficant blaze. The samaritan said he had passed the spot a few minutes earlier and noticed some guys shooting aerosols and other stuff. When we showed up he was passing the same spot again (looking for a place to shoot) and he said the guys he had seen earlier were flying down the road and back to Tucson. The fire was off to the side and could have easily started a brush fire.

In general the people that shoot out there are idiots and it's because of this that I prefer to get off the main road when I do some shooting. There are plenty of much better spots if you know where to go and have an off-road capable vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2008 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I was up there this last weekend and some idiots were shooting some aerosol cans. Now normally I don't mind if people shoot fun targets like aerosols when done safely, except these guys ended up starting a nice sized fire. Instead of flagging a car down for help they bailed. My buddies and I were doing some shooting and 4x4ing earlier that day and were driving home. We passed the very spot you guys will be shooting at. Nobody was shooting there at the time, but we saw some significant smoke and parked the vehicle. We all jumped out with water bottles and with the help of another samaritan we were able to put out a signficant blaze. The samaritan said he had passed the spot a few minutes earlier and noticed some guys shooting aerosols and other stuff. When we showed up he was passing the same spot again (looking for a place to shoot) and he said the guys he had seen earlier were flying down the road and back to Tucson. The fire was off to the side and could have easily started a brush fire.

In general the people that shoot out there are idiots and it's because of this that I prefer to get off the main road when I do some shooting. There are plenty of much better spots if you know where to go and have an off-road capable vehicle.

I'm in, if my work schedule permits.  

That said, I was there last weekend, met some older gents who where nice, and safe.  As we were setting up some yahoos drove up.  They set out targets, then we called the range hot.  My friend and I, as well as the older gents start shooting.  1 minute later, the yahoos open up with an AR and a mosin FROM 20 FEET BEHIND US.  I, and one of the older gents informed them this was not acceptable behavior.  They said ok, they'll move up to the line.  They then moved up about 5 feet, and continue shooting FROM 15 FEET BEHIND US.  F' it, we were out.  It was raining anyway.  

So... where are these other shooting spots?  
Link Posted: 1/30/2008 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone been out to Houghton road lately?  There's a service road that takes you back about a mile or so, then head south about 400yds and it leads into a nice size drainage runoff with an old car on top of a birm.  Is it still legal to shoot out there?  I know about the spot from doing some hiking in the area and just off-roading.  I NEVER see anyone out there and personally, seems quite a bit more secluded and safer than a lot of the yahoo's at Reddington anymore.  I can probably get some decent GPS coords if anyone wants to go scout it out.  (I've got a new Durango and don't want to chance scratching up the paint just yet...)  Let me know if you want me to get the general coords from the area.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2008 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#33]
going to roster the comitted and maybes, looks like 15 will be there for sure, I imagine others may tag along with the listed folks below.

realwar
bolster
juan223
AK47_Dood
rayman1
just4grins
WarBaby
eodinert
mrmoshzilla
SwannyJ
AR4U
AJFinn + 2

cover me + 4
phreakmode + 1

chances are looking damn good for some FA items aswell  

less than a month to go, looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 2/3/2008 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
going to roster the comitted and maybes, looks like 15 will be there for sure, I imagine others may tag along with the listed folks below.

AJFinn +2, possible 5 but still working on details.... more people means buying more ammo... at least 762x39 is cheaper than my x51!!!!

cover me + 4
phreakmode + 1

chances are looking damn good for some FA items aswell  

less than a month to go, looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 2/4/2008 5:43:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Wonder if this kid is coming??
Link Posted: 2/4/2008 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

that's my little bro, he's making the family proud
Link Posted: 2/4/2008 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i27.tinypic.com/2j4bynr.jpg

Shit I bet he would be fun to hangout with."Hey bro go set up some tannerite for us" "Otay"
Link Posted: 2/4/2008 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i27.tinypic.com/2j4bynr.jpg

Shit I bet he would be fun to hangout with."Hey bro go set up some tannerite for us" "Otay"

its all fun and games until he misses nap time, then its every homie for himself
Link Posted: 2/7/2008 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#39]
I like how they both have mags taped together!

Link Posted: 2/7/2008 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/7/2008 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/7/2008 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Whats the parking situation like there?  How much room off of the road?
Link Posted: 2/7/2008 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Anyone been out to Houghton road lately?  There's a service road that takes you back about a mile or so, then head south about 400yds and it leads into a nice size drainage runoff with an old car on top of a birm.  Is it still legal to shoot out there?  I know about the spot from doing some hiking in the area and just off-roading.  I NEVER see anyone out there and personally, seems quite a bit more secluded and safer than a lot of the yahoo's at Reddington anymore.  I can probably get some decent GPS coords if anyone wants to go scout it out.  (I've got a new Durango and don't want to chance scratching up the paint just yet...)  Let me know if you want me to get the general coords from the area.  

Yes i go shooting out there quite often when i am home. I know I have had trouble with the Power company once though. They tried to block me in. The place is not the best to go shooting though as that berm with the car is pointing directly at the freeway so I don't recomend shooting there.  Also the ranchers that use the land have had a few cows shot there. It used to be a good spot but as anything that is good it didn't last. Glow
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Hey Phreak, IM Sent.
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#45]
3 weeks to go! I have confidence that everyone has begun to prepare with pallets of ammo and crates of AKs!
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Whats the parking situation like there?  How much room off of the road?

hey bro, should have something like 2500-3000 sq ft of parking with ease, additional with some work if needed.
Link Posted: 2/9/2008 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Think I have that day off. I'll try to make it.  Put me down as a maybe.
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#48]
2 weeks away fellers!

realwar
bolster
juan223
AK47_Dood
rayman1
just4grins
WarBaby
eodinert
mrmoshzilla
SwannyJ
AR4U
AJFinn + 2
Hilljack

cover me + 4
phreakmode + 1
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm in.  How about camping Fri. Night?
Link Posted: 2/24/2008 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'm in.  How about camping Fri. Night?

You'd be the only one camping I think! But I'm not gonna stop ya

Ok, 5 days to go

realwar
bolster
juan223
AK47_Dood
rayman1
just4grins
WarBaby
eodinert
mrmoshzilla
SwannyJ
AR4U
AJFinn + 2
Hilljack
MajorLeeHung

cover me + 4
phreakmode + 1

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top