Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/4/2003 10:37:52 PM EDT
THIS SHOOT WILL BE AT CASA GRANDE RIFLE RANGE    

I have reserved the Casa Grande range from 6:00am to 4:00pm on Saturday January 3, 2004.  Here are the rules sent to me by the City of Casa Grande:

1. There shall be no sale of any kind of goods in the park without prior approval from the Director of the department and any business authorization required by the City has been obtained.

2. The area reserved shall be left in an orderly condition and that all papers, rubbish, and other debris shall be deposited in the proper receptacles for this purpose.

3. No fires shall be made in the park except in designated fire places or fire rings as approved by the Parks and Recreation Department.

4. There shall be no cutting of any vegetation or mutilation of trees or shrubs.

5. Structures causing damage to turf area are prohibited.  Autos, trucks, vans, or other motorized vehicles may not be driven on or parked upon any off-the-road area.

6. There shall be no amplified music without prior approval from the Parks and Recreation Director.

7. No glass beverage containers allowed in any city park.  PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TRASH MUST BE PICKED UP.

8. Alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited at the Rifle Range Facility.

FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE RULES WILL CAUSE THE ORGANIZATION AND/OR PERSONS IN CHARGE TO BE SUBJECTED TO THE LOSS OF THEIR RIGHT TO RESERVE THE USE OF THE PARK IN THE FUTURE.

In addition to the above rules issued by the city, please observe the following:

9. There will be a cease-fire called at the top of every hour and 30 minuets after every hour (i.e. 7:00, 7:30, 8:00...).  The cease-fire will persist for 5 minuets or longer as necessary.  There will be NO handling of firearms during a cease-fire.

10. There will be NO parking of vehicles within 10 feet of the shooting line.

11. Use of Tannerite and .50 cal rifles will not be allowed at the range.

12. There will be NO MEDIA at this event.  If any media decides to show up they will be asked to leave and please do not speak to them or answer any questions.  We got bit once, were not going to let it happen again.

And of course use simple common sense.  Everyone was very safe last time and I'm sure this shoot will be the same.  If you plan on bringing children they need to be supervised at all times, a rifle range is the last place we need kids running around unattened.

Once again we will be having porta pottys delivered.  The cost of this is $70.  We will be taking donations towards the porta pottys the day of the shoot.  Any money collected above the cost of the porta pottys will be donated to Casa Grande Parks and Rec dept for letting us use the range.

Also I'm looking for a couple of people with loud voices to patrol the range for the day (call cease-fires, head the safety meeting, kick anyones ass that breaks the rules...), if anyone would like to volunteer please e-mail me.  If anyone is interested in conducting any business at the shoot (as in sale or rental of any goods) please contact me prior to the shoot.

The directions are as follows:

1. Coming from either Phoenix or Tucson, take Interstate 10 to Interstate 8 westbound.

2. Take the Trekkel road exit, and head south.

3. The road will split at Arica Road East, towards Casa Grande Mountain. (The range is at the base.) Take Arica.

4. Arica will turn south. You will see a fenced in Range (Casa Grande P.D. -private) and the public range.

Steve
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:29:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Steve,
I would suggest moving it up a weekend or back a weekend.  That Christmas weekend will probaly be a bit tough for some of people.  Myself included. Thanks tho for working on another shoot.  Im still upset that you got to shoot the P-90, and I didnt!  

Just my .02 cents worth.
Mike
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:47:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Either the 27th or the 3rd would be fine with me.

And why didn't anyone tell me there was a P90 at the range?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:08:23 AM EDT
[#3]
the 27th is fine by me, but i too woudl like the week PRIOR to this. but thats mainly because im anxious!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:18:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Tagged! And this time I will bring something to feed any of my kids that decide to come so I can stay the duration. My son had 3 double cheesburgers on the way home!

Hey Russ, I think you got a pic of Jake (my son) shooting the Micro Galil. Could you post it or email it?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I will be there

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to cast a vote for January 3rd.  I would not be able to attend on 12/27.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#7]
any way i can vote for Dec 20th?  
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I am all for any weekend except Dec 5-7, Gun Show.  And Dec. 27, to close to Chrismas.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Dang it! Annarchy and I will be in Texas till the 28th.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#10]
The 27th is a little close to Christmas! Week earlier or later I might make it!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I say we have another January shoot when everyone is back from vacations...2 days after Xmas might be difficult for some...Many of us also might have family coming in from out of town and not leaving until the 1st of the year...
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be there if I can.  27th does seem a bit close to Christmas day . . .

I gotta clean up my play room and do a little re-loading for that .458 thingy.  I don't know if 24 rds was much of a break in.  Can't tune the mags without ammo either. . . .
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#13]
WOW, A LOT OF YOU GUYS FROM AZ ANY CLOSE TO ME IN PHOENIX, I JUST MOVED HERE ABOUT 1 1/2 MONTHS AGO AND HAVE NO FRIENDS TO SHOOT WITH, WAH!!!! LOL  ANY ONE WANNA SHOW ME THE ROPES AROUND HERE AND WHERE I CAN GO IN THE DESERT AND HAVE SOME FUN WITH MY TOYS, HEHEHE...I ALSO THINK THIS SHOW SHOULD BE IN JANUARY TOO.

THANKS FOR REPLING
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Where in Phoenix are you? I'm near Frank Lloyd Wright and the 101 in Scottsdale.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#15]
we're from all over the vally as well as north and south AZ.  There is a LARGE concentration of us here.  Im in the north west valley along with a few other guys. Seems like most of the others are in the east though.

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
WOW, A LOT OF YOU GUYS FROM AZ ANY CLOSE TO ME IN PHOENIX, I JUST MOVED HERE ABOUT 1 1/2 MONTHS AGO AND HAVE NO FRIENDS TO SHOOT WITH, WAH!!!! LOL  ANY ONE WANNA SHOW ME THE ROPES AROUND HERE AND WHERE I CAN GO IN THE DESERT AND HAVE SOME FUN WITH MY TOYS, HEHEHE...I ALSO THINK THIS SHOW SHOULD BE IN JANUARY TOO.

THANKS FOR REPLING

Well first off, welcome to the best place on earth! Also, im from Mesa.
Second, you should try to make it to the Nov. 22 shoot.
Third, dont miss the Crossroads of the West Gun show.  Which is on the first weekend of December.
Forth and finaly,  where you from, and what brought you here?

Mike
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
we're from all over the vally as well as north and south AZ.  There is a LARGE concentration of us here.  Im in the north west valley along with a few other guys. Seems like most of the others are in the east though.

We are EVERYWHERE...We will soon be in your dreams! bwaaaaaahahahahahaaha
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to try to get a hold of the City tomarrow and see about changing the reservation to the 3rd of January.

Steve

Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:16:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a question, all be it may be a dumb one.  Why do we even bother with the reserveing the range?  If the city is being a bunch of a-holes about it, we should just show up.  Im sure there are guys who will get there at the break of dawn anyway.  I dont know, I just hate it when our rights are trampled on.
Mike
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:24:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have a question, all be it may be a dumb one.  Why do we even bother with the reserveing the range?  If the city is being a bunch of a-holes about it, we should just show up.  Im sure there are guys who will get there at the break of dawn anyway.  I dont know, I just hate it when our rights are trampled on.
Mike

I agree in principle, but doing that will just make us look worse and will give more ammunition to the clownpunchers who want us out.

Steve- think it might be good to have a sign up saying "ALL shooters welcome" or somesuch to nix that argument about folks thinking it was a private shoot?

Mike
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Mike

The reason we reserve the range is because if we don't reserve the range and another group has the range reserved for private use, we will all show up and not be able to shoot.

Steve

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#22]
The 27th of this month.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mike

The reason we reserve the range is because if we don't reserve the range and another group has the range reserved for private use, we will all show up and not be able to shoot.

Steve

Ok, got ya.  Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Is this open to us woosies from CA? I'll be heading back from NM and this sounds like a lot of fun. I volunteer easily.

CW
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:30:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Is this open to us woosies from CA? I'll be heading back from NM and this sounds like a lot of fun. I volunteer easily.

CW

Hmmm.  Someone didn't learn in basic training.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CW

Hmmm.  Someone didn't learn in basic training.

Never was in the armed services. As my moniker says, I fought the war from behind a computer in the military industrial complex. I'm tellin' ya, should have got a Purple Heart for all the donuts I had to eat at meetings. Oh well, the sacrifices one makes for his country...

CW
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#27]
OK.  We all make sacrifices.  But offering this crew to volunteer is like waving a bloody steak in front of a great white shark.  Hmm, lose hand that way.  LOLs.

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
OK.  We all make sacrifices.  But offering this crew to volunteer is like waving a bloody steak in front of a great white shark.  Hmm, lose hand that way.  LOLs.

Thanks for the mental picture... On a somewhat serious note, is it OK to show up and if so, what would the great unwashed like me to bring in the way of refreshments?

CW
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Heck CW, I didn't set up the shoot, but I think everyone here would be dissapointed if you didn't show up.
Bring water and sodas, we usualy have a after action debrief at the local watering hole.
Any chance to meet another ARFCOMer, and show some AZ hospitality.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Heck CW, I didn't set up the shoot, but I think everyone here would be dissapointed if you didn't show up.
Bring water and sodas, we usualy have a after action debrief at the local watering hole.
Any chance to meet another ARFCOMer, and show some AZ hospitality.

Thanks Gunslinger,
How about munchies? Also, should I also bring target mounts?

CW
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Yo!

Just spoke to Mr. H on the phone about his FAL and he told me about the shoot. I'm new in Tucson and really want to meet some other shooters! I was just hired by Trico.

See y'all there!

Wes
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Target stands and a light snack are always a good idea, it's a pretty primitive range.
Just shooting points and an overhead roof.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Is it just targets or can we bring other objects for plinking?

CW
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#34]
I'd stay away from glass, ie TVs, Microwaves ect...
Pepper poppers, and other metal targets are OK as long as they are set up at least 25 yards away.
Last shoot we had several bystanders hit with splatter from targets set up to close.
Luckily they were more of the ouch, damn, variety, and no one was really hurt.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#35]
So cans, plastic bottles and other such stuff would be fine? Guy I work with says he does a neat trick by putting a balloon in a large Pepsi bottle and filling the cavity with water then freezing it. Peel away the plastic and remove the balloon and you get an ice shell that acts like glass when you hit it with a bullet but just melts. Sounds cool.

Thanks,
CW
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
So cans, plastic bottles and other such stuff would be fine? Guy I work with says he does a neat trick by putting a balloon in a large Pepsi bottle and filling the cavity with water then freezing it. Peel away the plastic and remove the balloon and you get an ice shell that acts like glass when you hit it with a bullet but just melts. Sounds cool.

Thanks,
CW

So is the balloon is in the middle of the ice? if so how do you get it out?
Im confused
mike
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,
CW

So is the balloon is in the middle of the ice? if so how do you get it out?
Im confused
mike

You partially blow up the balloon with the water between the balloon and the bottle. You don't fill the bottle all the way up to the top.

This help?

CW
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey I'm new but I might be able to make this event.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Hey I'm new but I might be able to make this event.

Well then bring your happy self on down.
It's about the best way to meet up and put faces to the names, and these get togethers are always a blast (no pun intended).
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Sure is a bummer my 400rds of Aussie .308 just got here.
Methinks me and my Frankenfal1a1, SaigAK, and AR's (15 and 180) may have to come meet some of ya'll.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone have helium baloons and a coupla cheap R/C cars.?  They make great moving target for hostage/perp shooting (two baloons tied to R/C, each different colors.  Shooter must hit one without hitting the other,  while someone else drives the R/C.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:31:11 AM EDT
[#42]

I'll bring some more freon bottles. I'm in the A/C business and we use a company that recovers freon. He said he has about 100 bottles I can come by and get(free). I can only bring about 15. If someone else wants to pick some up. IM-mail me and I'll get you his address.

These make great targets. I just drive out on the range and set them up. When done shooting I drive back out and pick them up. I then drop them off in the dumpster at my apartments.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#43]
My steel swingers are all shot to hell, but I'll bring the couple that still work and the bigger steel plates.

And a couple of boxes of clays.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#44]
January 3.  Yeah baby.  I'm loading mags now.  OK, that isn;t true.  Right now I am a bit drunk from a party. Tomorrow I will be loading mags.

Good times to come.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:16:26 AM EDT
[#45]
I just bought a couple of steel swingers from the metal man.  Got a hell of a deal on them.  I shot the hell out of them on saturday. They are worth every penny.  Hell Im  not going to renew my Rio Saldo membership.  Ill just take these out to Arizonastan.  Hell of alot more fun!
See you there!
Mike

PS hey Jimmy you bringing the Class III toys?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:20:39 AM EDT
[#46]
I will more then likely be there... it will probably be the last shoot I'll be able to go to for a while... see ya all there.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Mike,

The MP5 and 223 M16 will make the trip.  Dunno about the 9mm M16 as it is still a problem child.  

Somebody needs to post the directions to this shoot.  I think I went there once before but I forgot.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Mike,

The MP5 and 223 M16 will make the trip.  Dunno about the 9mm M16 as it is still a problem child.  

Somebody needs to post the directions to this shoot.  I think I went there once before but I forgot.

I stole this from www.arizonashooting.com, posted by AZ_GUN_NUT: (so props to him!)

"AR15.com shoot at Casa Grande
6:00am to 4:00pm on Saturday January 3, 2004

The directions are as follows:

1. Coming from either Phoenix or Tucson, take Interstate 10 to Interstate 8 westbound.

2. Take the Trekkel road exit, and head south.

3. The road will split at Arica Road East, towards Casa Grande Mountain. (The range is at the base.) Take Arica.

4. Arica will turn south. You will see a fenced in Range (Casa Grande P.D. -private) and the public range. "

http://arizonashooting.com/firearms/
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
There is a possibility the location for this shoot may be changed to Arizonastan.  The reason for this is a new rule approved by the City last month requiring any group using the range to provide proof of one million in liability insurance coverage.  This is something we do not currently have.  I am going to try to get an answer on this by Friday the 26th.  I will post any further information here as soon as I get it.

Man! It sounds like the City really doesn't want us there.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#50]
If that's the case, we meet there as just friends rather than a group. We don't call cease fires and we don't rent porta potty's...And, Parks and Rec don't get any donations and they don't have a heads-up as to when we'll be meeting...Everyone is on their own.

It is a public range afterall....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top