Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/25/2006 10:23:35 AM EDT
I think one of the main reasons this last shoot was so good was beacause JME set a date far enough in advance so that most people could get it on their calendar without too much conflict.

That being said, I'd like to nominate One Shot to set the next date since they (he?) woul like to come.

Sometime late March or early April would be good.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like April 22nd. and 23rd. are some really good dates.  I don't think there is a show anywhere in Ohio or at least one that we would be attending.  I know that this is only a couple of weeks after Knob Creek but this might be good for some people who go down to get some ammo, get a woody after watching some machine guns, and then want to put some lead down range.

If this works out for people, please let us know.  Some of the people who attended the last shoot are good customers and friends of the shop so more than likely be showing up again.  A few of which have been waiting a long time for me to come out and shoot with them.  

Please post and let everybody know.  Any questions, feel free to email me or call.

Chris Roma
513-233-0885
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there, hopefully with my new FNC!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]
You got the Form 4 in yet?

I've always wanted to shot a FA FNC!  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#4]
No, I'm sending in 1/2 tomorrow, and Scott is doing the transfer for me. It's on a Form 3 right now. Once it's transfered up here I can start my part.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I won't be able to do April 15/16 or 22/23 as that is my daughther's Spring Break Week and we always go to Myrtle Beach, SC.

Scott
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Anytime from March 10-26 would be great for me. Ill be home on spring break. Looks like you guys had a blast and I dont want to miss out on the next one!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I won't be able to do April 15/16 or 22/23 as that is my daughther's Spring Break Week and we always go to Myrle Beach, SC.

Scott

Hate to hear you may not make it.   My wallet will be a little thicker if you can't make it.  I always seem to spend a lot of money on ammo when you come out.

Most any date is good for me.  With this much time to get it on the calender I should be able to make any weekend into March-April and beyond.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Any date works for me most likely.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:28:49 AM EDT
[#10]
If I know an exact day, this far in advance, I can request the time off work.  
So...when will it be

And if it's after April 25th, I'll be able to bring a S&W 9mm pistola!!!  
(turning 21 then...)

Sometime in march or april would be good for me.    
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#11]
as long as its on a saturday/sun I can probally make it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I should be able to make it any time in March or April so long as I have advanced warning.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in for any date,  except April 22nd.   My little sister's 21st birthday that weekend and I'll be a dead man if I miss it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Hopefully my new job won't mess up my fun shoots.  But it does pay better so I can buy more toys
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:12:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Does Miller's "No Appliance" rule apply to the ARFCOM shoots, or just on a regular basis?  I was just wondering if he might still allow the vending machines, washer, dryer, etc for the bigger shoots if we promis to take them away when we leave.

Dan
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#16]
This is probably a silly question, but is there somewhere to park a little 24 foot RV?....Thanks.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
This is probably a silly question, but is there somewhere to park a little 24 foot RV?....Thanks.....

You mean infront of the berm?????
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Does Miller's "No Appliance" rule apply to the ARFCOM shoots, or just on a regular basis?  I was just wondering if he might still allow the vending machines, washer, dryer, etc for the bigger shoots if we promis to take them away when we leave.

Dan

The last shoot I think it was Cincilance brought a dish washer.  It was a nice target for a little while.  I would imagine if you will take it when you leave anything except glass I would imagine would be fine.

Quoted:

Everytime I have been there it appears that all of the camping spaces are basically taken by full time residents.  There is a lot of room on the other side near the shooting range.  Don't know if there is any chance of electric or water hookup over there though.  And, it is so muddy back there right now even if you could get it in you might not get it out!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#19]
The dishwasher was a target brought by Randy (Armed Citizen.) It was mince meat by the end of Saturday. We scrounged up it's shattered pieces before we left.

Cincylance

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:51:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the information.  I didn't make it last time, and I just thought about the "No Aplliances" sign when I was there this weekend.

Dan
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no, you nut.........I mean so i have a private place to sleep......lol
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dan

The last shoot I think it was Cincilance brought a dish washer.  It was a nice target for a little while.  I would imagine if you will take it when you leave anything except glass I would imagine would be fine.

Quoted:

Everytime I have been there it appears that all of the camping spaces are basically taken by full time residents.  There is a lot of room on the other side near the shooting range.  Don't know if there is any chance of electric or water hookup over there though.  And, it is so muddy back there right now even if you could get it in you might not get it out!

not worried about water or electric.......I have a generator and tanks......I'll dump at a rest stop on the way home......if it's too muddy, what about in a parking lot.....somewhere out of the way, but close enough to the range so i don't have to hike a country mile?......thanks some more...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you see millers for the first time you'll understand
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
not worried about water or electric.......I have a generator and tanks......I'll dump at a rest stop on the way home......if it's too muddy, what about in a parking lot.....somewhere out of the way, but close enough to the range so i don't have to hike a country mile?......thanks some more...

Plenty of room to stick an RV, if you're not worried about hookup.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  The worst will be trying to keep JME and his "forward pistol grip" out during the dark of night.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  The worst will be trying to keep JME and his "Automatic forward pistol grip" out during the dark of night.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm pretty new here and tried searching, but where is Miller's?

I don't even have an AR yet though :(

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Jarhead,
There are usualy a few spots with hookups avalable. These are located along the the left side of the campground back towards the enterence to the range.  IRC they are deep enough for your RV. There is also a dump station.  I think it's $20.00 a night.
Plan on coming early and staying late. You WILL have a great time!!!

Link to MILLERS for those that need it
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:42:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'm pretty new here and tried searching, but where is Miller's?

I don't even have an AR yet though :(

Miller's is the best kept secret that everbody know's about

Don't worry about not having an AR yet.  For me, it was actually better not having one for my first few shoots.  Found out what I liked by trying out other folks rifles first.  

Come on out, we'll be glad to meet ya
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:47:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Probably a good hour, hour and a half drive, but I will have to do that.   I'll buy me a case of .223 and I'm sure somebody will be kind enough to let me blast away.

Do you guys shoot pistols at Millers too?  I have a few of those
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:46:34 AM EDT
[#31]
We shoot pistols too and a few machine guns as well.  I suggest bring ammo for anything you want to shoot I'm sure one form or another will be there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you see millers for the first time you'll understand

gotcha....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great.....that'll work......looking forward to getting to this one.......
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  The worst will be trying to keep JME and his "forward pistol grip" out during the dark of night.

.....no one better be "probing my defenses".........lol

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#36]
So have we found an acceptable date yet? By the way AJE you can shoot my stuff if you would like. (AR,AK,Ext. ext.)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
We shoot pistols too and a few machine guns as well.  I suggest bring ammo for anything you want to shoot I'm sure one form or another will be there.

I'll be sure to stock up on .40s to shoot my pistol, I doubt I'll have an AR in time for it but it'll be a good "research" trip for shopping around to see what I want.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd like to go to this but I have to request off work at least 30 days in advance, preferably more like 50 or 60 (they are disorganized).  Have we set a definate date yet?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I believe this is Millers Campground on Google Maps,

Click on this LINK

Then Click on the Map button over the image. You can move the map around and zoom out.

Millers driveway is just south of OH Route 73.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#40]
I can't find any pics from the previous shoots... I thought there was a few floating around before.

Its definatley something I want to attend, and with pics, the gf might want to come too
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I can't find any pics from the previous shoots... I thought there was a few floating around before.

Its definatley something I want to attend, and with pics, the gf might want to come too

tell her she is officially invited by another wimminz, AJE--there is usually at least one of us women at the shoots, sometimes two or more--we would love to meet her  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tell her she is officially invited by another wimminz, AJE--there is usually at least one of us women at the shoots, sometimes two or more--we would love to meet her  

Consider it done
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:58:05 AM EDT
[#44]
WHEN?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:36:06 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
WHEN?

+1!!!!  I just need to know so I can request the time off work if need be.

Maybe we need a new thread with a poll for the date?    
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:56:27 AM EDT
[#46]
NOT the weekend of April 15th, please!

That's the first Saturday of trout season in PA, and I'll be there for a long weekend.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Saturday, April 22

There's your date.  

Knob Creek is April 7-9, we have a local shoot on the 30th, and at least one person can't make the 15th.  Although, I like the idea of having a tax protest shoot on April 15th!  That is Easter weekend, which would be bad.  

So what better way to celebrate Earth Day on the 22nd than by dumping some lead back into Mother Earth from whence it came?  

I dub thee, Arfcom Earth Day Shoot 2006!  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#48]
*marked on the calender*

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
So what better way to celebrate Earth Day on the 22nd than by dumping some lead back into Mother Earth from whence it came?  

Somewhere, just now, a tree-hugging liberal just gagged on his Starbucks Frappaccino Latte Mocha Blend, and he didn't even know why.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#50]
22nd actually works quite well. 19th is my bday and so with any luck ill have a new toy to bring along. I probably would have been home for that weekend anyway.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top