Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/29/2005 3:40:13 AM EDT
Okay gang, it's only three days till August which means it's only five weeks to Labor Day Weekend.

Are we going to have a big end of the summer blastoff of our own at Millers?  I've got a significant stack of computers in my garage that need to be properly disposed of.

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
That would work out great, one of my youngers brothers will be over from the UK on a visit and I told him I'd take him out shooting, and take lots of pics to impress his mates.
I'm in for sure.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Consider my calendar marked.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#3]
hehe....beat me to the punch, I was thinking about hosting a shoot on Labor Day for the Millers gang, but Millers works for me too.

Let's do it on Sunday, tho - Saturday is the Swappers Meet and I never miss it. That way I can shoot whatever toy I nab from the show the day before!

If anyone wants to come up and hit the Johnstown show with me (I know Glimmerman is), they're welcome to join and I was planning on grilling out and stuff afterwards.

-Craig
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I dropped a hint to the grogery store kid across the street the other night about "EXPIRED" canned goods,  asked him to keep an eye open, as I knew people who would love some targets.

I'll ask him soon to keep an eye open for some melons toward end of month.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought we were talking Monday, my bro arrives Saturday the 3rd 10.48pm, so Sat would be out for sure, Sunday would work but Monday would be great?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Monday would be good(I have prior engagements sat&sun)
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I have no problem with Monday.

Craig - Where is the swappers meet?  Sounds like something I may want to check out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Count me in
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I may catch up with glimmerman on the way to the swap meet.
I will drive, though.  He scared me on the way to Millers.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I may catch up with glimmerman on the way to the swap meet.
I will drive, though.  He scared me on the way to Millers.

he didnt get upset did he?

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
hehe....beat me to the punch, I was thinking about hosting a shoot on Labor Day for the Millers gang, but Millers works for me too.

Let's do it on Sunday, tho - Saturday is the Swappers Meet and I never miss it. That way I can shoot whatever toy I nab from the show the day before!

If anyone wants to come up and hit the Johnstown show with me (I know Glimmerman is), they're welcome to join and I was planning on grilling out and stuff afterwards.

-Craig

I will be going, but won't get off work till 9am, prolly leave from work.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have no problem with Monday.

Craig - Where is the swappers meet?  Sounds like something I may want to check out.

The one near me is at Johnstown, Ohio....about 5 minutes from my house. It's a good show usually. There's also one in Kenton, which is north east of Columbus by 40 miles or so. I may hit that one too...depends. You're welcome to come up and scour the junk with Glimmer and me....he's my Enfield bird dog.

As for the shoot, if it's on monday I'm probably out unfortunately....work week starts that evening for me unless I could arrange for a shift swap. Hard to do on a holiday weekend so I may have to sit this one out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:47:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I added a poll and put my vote in for Sunday.  Any of the three days works for me but many have expressed inavailability on Saturday and having the shoot on Sunday will give most a recovery day before returning to work.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I can't do it monday, I have school :(
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I can't do it monday, I have school :(

School doesn't give Labor day off as a holiday?  Even my sorry company gives me Labor Day!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#17]
hey now, this is arfcom--GET BOTH

camp and shoot, sunday and monday  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#18]
We will probably set up camp on Sat. and leave sometime Mon.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Im up for anything.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Im up for anything.

OK, be there tuesday.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I could do a campout Sunday, shoot a little Monday too before heading home. That sounds good.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#22]
I spoke to my bro yesterday and he's hyped, with the little amount of firearm knowledge he has, he thinks "Go Ahead Make My Day" .44mag will be the biggest he will see. He wants to shoot my 12ga and my in-law said he can fire his M44 Nagant, after that I think he will be done

Is Sunday a go?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#24]
What is the date exactly?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Sunday is September 4th.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:18:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sunday is September 4th.

Then it has to be the official Ohio Arfcommer's Birthday Party for Me Shoot!  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sunday is September 4th.

So what kind of ammo do ya want for your birthday?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:13:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sunday is September 4th.

So what kind of ammo do ya want for your birthday?

Well... whatever the gun you're going to get me requires of course!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:57:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Bad weekend for me.   I used to go to the swappers meet in Johnstown, but anymore, I prefer the Kenton Nationals which is a little bigger, and closer to Indian Lake so I can stay in my camper and go to the Nationals a couple of days.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I used to go to the swappers meet in Johnstown, but anymore, I prefer the Kenton Nationals

Are there more guns?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Yep...  More of everything!  I' say it's twice the size as swappers meet.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

That means there's twice as many stinky people too! Twice as many hand-painted Dale Earnhart driftwood clocks, twice as many people selling Dreamcatchers made in China, twice as many people pushing triple-wide baby strollers, twice as much FUN!!!!

I can't decide now!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That means there's twice as many stinky people too! Twice as many hand-painted Dale Earnhart driftwood clocks, twice as many people selling Dreamcatchers made in China, twice as many people pushing triple-wide baby strollers, twice as much FUN!!!!

I can't decide now!!

Twice as many potential Enfield buys. Twice as many. Times two. Double.

You have approx. thirty days.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Guys if the day of the shoot is sunday.  I have an old fridge I picked up from work that needs airing out.  Otherwise I'll just have to take it to the dump as is.  Let me know.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Guys if the day of the shoot is sunday.  I have an old fridge I picked up from work that needs airing out.  Otherwise I'll just have to take it to the dump as is.  Let me know.

It'll be Sunday & Monday.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh man I need to get some ammo

How time flies!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll try to make it out. don't know what days yet.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

How time flies!

If you go to AIM before then, please give me a hollar...I might have you pick me something up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:57:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Tell me about it!  I was going to shoot last weekend, when I realized I have NO 7.62 or .223 in the house!  How did THAT happen?!  
I tried to stop by AIM last Friday, I've never been there but I knew it was on Lefferson and I know where Lefferson is.  Well, traffic was BAD, I got there much later than planned and it isn't on the part of Lefferson that I was on.  So I never did find it, they would've been closed by the time I got there if I had.  If it had been on the part of Lefferson close to 122, I would've just made it before closing.  I think I know where it is now, the OTHER part of Lefferson.  Luckily I was coming back to Cincy from up North anyway, so it wasn't a completely wasted trip, and the shoot was cancelled due to rain anyway.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell me about it!  I was going to shoot last weekend, when I realized I have NO 7.62 or .223 in the house!  How did THAT happen?!  

You broke the sacred ammo rule!!?? You know, where it is every good mans duty to keep several thousand rounds at hand in case of zombie attacks.

Hurry before they come to life!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#41]
I should have about a dozen or so copies of the Bullet Fest 6 video to hand out at the shoot.

If you want one chime in here. I'll make more if I can.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#42]
If anybody wants to meet at AIM, I am off on Mondays.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried to stop by AIM last Friday, I've never been there but I knew it was on Lefferson and I know where Lefferson is.  Well, traffic was BAD, I got there much later than planned and it isn't on the part of Lefferson that I was on.  So I never did find it, they would've been closed by the time I got there if I had.  If it had been on the part of Lefferson close to 122, I would've just made it before closing.  I think I know where it is now, the OTHER part of Lefferson.  Luckily I was coming back to Cincy from up North anyway, so it wasn't a completely wasted trip, and the shoot was cancelled due to rain anyway.  

The number is 3801, if you're not looking close you'll miss it.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#44]
I'll be in as long as I can get back to watch the big bang on the river.

WEBN baby!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You broke the sacred ammo rule!!?? You know, where it is every good mans duty to keep several thousand rounds at hand in case of zombie attacks.

Hurry before they come to life!

No worries, I said I had no .223 or  7.62, I still have several thousand rounds in OTHER calibers handy.  The undead can bring it on!    I'll get 'em with 12 gauge, .44 mag, and if all else fails a shee-itload of .22!  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Don't forget to find Trent and invite him.  

Added to the Subguns board also.

EDIT --- E-mail from Trent, he will be out of town for weekend.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:35:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Guys if it's Sunday I'm really going to try to make this one. It's been too long. I might bring my cousin along, too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#48]
I'll be out Sunday with my wife and maybe Monday too. (probably no camping, my wife is a wimp)
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks like Sunday for me
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#50]
So what is going to be the recognized "BIG Gathering" day?

It looks like I'm planning on driving up from the family outing at Ripley/Aberdeen along Ohio River on Sunday, and this time I'm not coming up 68 & 73 (talked to OHP last time)...

I have mail from the fella that drives the tank in those Tom Raper "price buster" commercials you see periodically on WHIO-TV, wanting to know what day he and some other Indiana crew can come visit, these are good fellas, they run the Indiana subgun shoot.

Anybody in Troy area/ passing by on way to Millers with a pick-up want to come get 2 new trunk lids, and a new door for targets, we had some freight damage, and I was able to get them home 1 at a time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top