Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2004 1:41:38 PM EDT
Had a good time.  It was great to meet a lot of people from the forum.  Will definitely need to do it again.

Everyone who let me shoot their guns, thank you very much.

Johnny, thanks for the pizza

I saw people taking digital photos, can you post them up for us to see please.

P.S.
If you are wondering where i disappeared to from the clubhouse, i went in town to grab something from the gas station and got a call on my phone from a friend who needed me to come help him move something with my truck.  Since i was already in town when he called and just headed to help him instead of turning around to come back to say goodbye.  So sorry for running out.

Again, today was a great time.  I enjoyed it very much.  Makes me even more antsy for my ar15 to come in.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The Firing line.  Notice the unbelievable assortment of firearms.  What a group

Shooting at John Kerry ___________________________________________________________________________________ campaign signs.

Does this guy ever shoot, or just fix his guns and order pizza? (which was very good, BTW. Thank you.)

Uhhh . . .   Cool.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It was great meeting you Josh. Hope to see you there again

I guess this will be the official pic thread so here goes:

This is what it looked like when I arrived at around 12

Closer up shot

The berm...I think we had a few Bush supporters there

Randy raising all kinds of hell

Some of the gear behind the firing line

behind the line

Eddie, the coolest LEO ive met in person

"where does he get those WONDERFUL toys!"

Redleg shooting swingsets storm

AW4evers 1919 letting it kewl down some

Swingset practicing strategic bumping techniques

Another berm pic

Trents friend shooting a USAS

The usas up close(I used to think my saiga was cool)

Glimmerman trying to entertain us with his horn noises on the water bottle as we couldnt get the stereo to play any FM stations in the clubhouse

Sharkman relaxin in the clubhouse

Hal in the clubhouse

TZ99 having a good time

This guys kung fu was so strong in pool I think the sheer presense made this shot come out funny

Diabolical chicken sitting at the bar

Thanks to 93 for getting the "rumor" started. Thanks to those who stayed longer to come up to the clubhouse to hang out. Thanks to Anne for the wonderful brownies. Thanks to Colt sniper and his wife for the hospitality and letting me enjoy some of their firearms. Thanks to Paul who always has the tool I need. Thanks to the class 3 guys who always add to the excitement of the shoots. Thanks to Hal for the electrical tape. Thanks to John for letting me use his cell phone and thanks to all the guys who drive an hour or more to come and make it a pleasure as it always is.

Cant wait for the next one!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]
And a few more while the photo server is playing nicely

Steel targets?  We can destroy them!

Thanks everyone for coming and making it a safe and fun time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Had a wonderful time!  Thanks to everyone who let my wife and I shoot their weapons.  Johnny McEldoo thanks for the pizza and ammo!  To ColtSniper and his wife thank you for letting us play with your toys.  TZ99, swingset, Hal, Diabolical Chicken, Paul, Glimmerman, SBR7_11, and a lot of others I can't remember (because I'm a moron), thank you for making it a hell of a day with your hospitality!  Again, sorry if I forgot anyone's screenname, but you guys know who you are and I'm grateful.  

We definitely need to do this more often!  My wife and I are still buzzing about the day and are already making plans for a future shoot.  Now if I could only get that damn M4 I keep drooling about!  

Edited to add names.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
just got home--my nephew was cute as tigger  

hope everyone enjoyed the brownies--y'all seemed to

sharkman and colt--get those wives memberships and show them where the womenz forums is  

thanks as always for everyone's generosity with their toys  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a good time and met some great folks.  Brian, thanks for being a great host and a big thanks for the pizza.  Thanks to the full auto guys, especially Eddie (damn, I love that M16).  I am no loner a FA virgin.

Here are some pics:

The firing line:

Eddies attempt at short fusing a mortar:

The aftermath of Eddies attempt (notice the foot barely out of the frame):

Swingset and his Bushy:

"Pssst Mike, that's not an Enfield":

JME's bullpup (BTW, who is that getting some trigger time, we never met):

Does this guy ever not look cool?:

Diabolical Chicken doing her best Annie Oakley impression.  10 bonus points for the costume.:

Swingset teaching a class on the fine art of clay shooting:

Happy switch toys:

Misc:

Thanks Guys!!!!  Can't wait to do it again.

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#7]
that is me with JME's bullpup
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
that is me with JME's bullpup

Aha.  We will have to formally meet at the next shoot.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#9]
yes we will.  If you are in the cincy area and ever want to go to FSA to shoot just give me a IM
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Andy and I didn't get to meet everyone, but certainly enjoyed those that we did.   We'll have bring a few other toys to the next shoot.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:21:24 AM EDT
[#11]
had
Hopefully next time.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:21:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I am pissed!!!

Mrs. CollegeCop was looking forward to seeing all these people and guns I am always talking about.  But we couldn't make it.  Why?

Three words - -

JOHN FUCKING KERRY

Kerry was in Dayton over the weekend, and had plans to visit Holy Angels Catholic Church at 10am Sunday morning. Since the church is in the jurisdiction of my police dept., we were asked to provide some traffic control during his visit.  No problem, they called in some people for overtime and made arrangements to cover it.

Saturday afternoon we get word that Kerry has canceled the visit.  So we call the overtime guys and tell them not to come in.

About 9pm, we get another call that Kerry has now changed his mind (flip-flop, anyone?) and is going to visit, this time at 8am.  So we try to call the overtime guys back, but they are out or not answering their phones.  A couple of the night guys volunteer to stay over to cover the event.

At 5am, one of the day shift guys calls in sick, and suddenly I am "volunteered" to stay over to cover for him.  Luckily, I arrested a drunk about 6am, and was doing paperwork when Kerry arrived so I didn't have to see him.  By the time I made it home about 11am, I was too tired to even think about coming out.

I was really looking forward to this shoot, but John Kerry had to ruin it for me.

Looks like it was a lot of fun!  Sorry I missed it.

Dave
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#13]
It was good to meet the new guys.
Look forward to shooting with you again.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Another great day shooting as always. Sorry I didn't get to meet all of the new people that came. Only bad part of the whole day was you guys let me leave with 800 rounds of 308 left over. Here's a few pix.
Judy being introduced to the "DARKSIDE"

I think she's hooked

Judy learns the finer points of shooting a semi-auto 1919

I think Dan had as much fun watching as shooting

Girls like to have fun too
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Judy was awesome at bumping the 1919!!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Another great time as usual.  Thanks to all for letting myself and my guests shoot  your pieces.  Sorry I had to bail early but the kid was getting a bit antsy.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Had a good time yet again! Nice meeting some new folks too. If it keeps growing like this we'll have to start bringing dirt with us to increase the berm size!

Sorry, didn't take pics this time around. Having too much fun to stop and play Japanese tourist.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Judy wanted me to tell everyone "Thank you" for a great time and for letting her "play with all your toys".
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#19]
A good time as always.  
Sorry I couldn't hang around longer.  

Randy
Link Posted: 11/4/2004 7:11:35 AM EDT
[#20]
As always I had a great time.  I got to meet a few more members and picked up my new toy from AW4Ever.  Paul you are a genius and the 1919 runs like a champ, Mr. Browning would be proud! The only down side is that I could not hang out in the clubhouse afterwards.  I just barely made it home in time to go trick or treating with my daughter as it was.  

Till next time #93
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I just moved to Cincy, and look what I miss!

Count me in for next time please!!!!!

We're hitting the PRO show in Wilmington Saturday, and shooting for a bit afterwards at Millers if you'd like to come. Not as big of an affair as the Halloween shoot, but it's still trigger time!

The PRO show is at the Roberts Center, which is about 35-40 minutes north of Cinci on Route 71 at the rte 68 intersection. Big convention center out in the middle of nowhere, can't miss it. Millers is about 15 minutes away, just off of Route 73. We'll meet in the far north corner of the parking lot around 10:30 for the show and take it from there. You're welcome to join us!
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm sure going to try!

Just replied to you IM.  Hope to see you at the show this weekend.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top