Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/10/2003 4:07:10 PM EDT
As promised at our last meeting at Marions I took some pics today of the range me and my friend have been shooting at for 3-4 years. It is located in Waynesvile Ohio. Since I have been shooting there membership price has risen due to lack of interest from shooters. Membership is $25 or $5 for a 1 day pass. This range is very low budget and simple. There are no distance markings and no official rules booklet. The owner gets most of his revenue from renting camping lots.

When I went there today no one was able to give me specifics on "clubouse" rental prices or the rules of shooting range pertaining to class 3 weapons and 50. Cal. weapons. These are some pics of the clubhouse however:

WHen I go shooting I usually bring bottles and cans as well as paper targets. There is usually a wooden frame to mount targets on. Sometimes there are various targets left over like TV's, bowling pins, etc...HEre are some pics of the range:

I have no idea what they are builing here but it just sprang up in the last 2-3 weeks since Ive been there:

This is a pic of the berm area that has been extended in the last couple months:

This pic was taken from the berm area overlooking the distance from which you can shoot(about 275 yards I think going by footsteps):

This pic is an area behing the berm which has a big mud pit that few vehicles make it through

This shooting range is a tad closer than spring valley but I prefer it over spring valley because I usually have the range all to myself. Ive never seen a fellow AR-15 fan there but hopefully I can in the future. There is no range officer present but everynow and then the owner will come out and chit/chat with you and ask if your a member. At this moment Im awaiting a call from the owner about specific rules for the range and rental prices for the clubhouse.

Post here if youd be a potential member. This is their website although they dont mention the gun-club they have driving directions.

www.millercampground.com/
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in.

Let us know if we are good to go for a autumn shoot!

BTW, I got your IM too late to call.

Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Southwest Ohio guys please chime in by tomorrow 1 pm because Id like to try to work some deals with the owner of the place.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like only an hour or so from me. Just say when.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:46:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Put me on the list.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:51:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Guy needs to rent a dozer for a weekend!  Berm is a tad low for MG & .50 IMHO.  None the less, i am interested.

Hey, Frank has a back hoe and dump truck!

Oh... forgot... he needs fill dirt for his OWN range and backstop FIRST .

You KNOW this place has to be 'interesting' if they have a 'No Donuts' sign posted with a graphic of a Trans Am on it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:33:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got off the phone with the owner of the gun range and he said the clubhouse was free to use for all members. I asked him about class3 and .50 stuff and he said he didnt care what we shot just as long as we were members. He sounded tickled when I told him we might be able to bring 20 or so new members. He said he's trying to make the place nicer to gain more membership and that wooden framed thing in the pic was a shelter theyre working on so you can shoot when its raining.

As far as that "no donuts" sign, sometimes the hellions at the camp ground get roudy and fly up and down the range when no ones there...I for one have never peeled out on the range or drove fast through muddy trail when it rains

Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#9]
BOOO YAAAAAH!!!

Let's DO IT!
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Mickeymouse says the berm is a little low for .50 but the owner seems very flexible and might consider alterations.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Add me to the list.   Hell think I might have to get two memberships to convince my boss to come shooting again
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Add me to the list.   Hell think I might have to get two memberships to convince my boss to come shooting again

The more evil black rifle owning members the better
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:19:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Is this the place that is maybe 30 seconds south of 73 on the east side of the road?... I used to drive by here numerous times back in my high school days (23 yr ago) going from Centerville to Kings Island the back way.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Is this the place that is maybe 30 seconds south of 73 on the east side of the road?... I used to drive by here numerous times back in my high school days (23 yr ago) going from Centerville to Kings Island the back way.

Yes, if you follow 73 from spingboro going into waynesville you make a right at the yellow flashing lights. I started going there about 4 years ago and supposedly alot of LEO shot there but I rarely run into anyone there. If you want more specific directions click on the link in my first post at the bottom. Theres a yahoo map on the site.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Just replying so I can find this later
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Just replying so I can find this later

You thinking about joining Seth_Livzz?

I'll probablly go shooting sat or sun if anyones interested in meeting up. To think all this time I had access to the club and pool tables ans didnt even know it! Who wants to to get spanked at some pool?
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm in  let me know when
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 6:46:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I've been thinking about going to check it out this week, but this weekend would probably work.  This damn worm and people with laptops that can't get it though thier heads to update though might throw a wrench in... Would love to meet up this weekend though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Shittle.

I will be on Brookville Lake in IN on a boat this weekend.

How about getting together next Saturday to check out the place and do another Marion's trek to plan a September or October shoot?
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#21]
TZ99 - The worst thing about it is that even a lousy personal firewall like ZoneAlarm would have stopped this thing.  I have a feeling it'll be a little "sneakier" next time around.

Count me for a membership.  It's easy to swing $25 even if I only get out that far once or twice a year.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I've been thinking about going to check it out this week, but this weekend would probably work.  This damn worm and people with laptops that can't get it though thier heads to update though might throw a wrench in... Would love to meet up this weekend though.

TZ99, Im working till about 12 or so saturday and the same on sunday most likely. Anytime after that is cool with me. Anybody else who's free should stop out too.

Bendover next weekend sounds fine for a meet.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a feeling it'll be a little "sneakier" next time around.
quote]

Very true, figure that one of these knuckleheads is going to write one that is transparent till its time to deliver the payload comes.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Sun atrernoon sounds good to me. Going to the gunshow in Dayton on Sat to get ammo.
Anyone with some extra 308 ammo to burn bring it. I'll have 2 1919's with me, you are more than welcome to play with.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Sunday afternoon sounds great, I'll probably get there between 3-4 depending on how early I get out of Cincinnati, how many wrong turns I take, or if I hear everyones going to be gone by then
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#26]
OK, sunday is cool. I'll be there around 2-3. I'll be in a green tracker. When you turn into the camp site you'll see an office sign...pull off to the side and knock on the door and if no one is outside go back to the range.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:24:29 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll shoot for 2-3.   Will be in a White Civic with Wyoming plates.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Just got back with ammo. I'll be there about 2:00.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#29]
HELP need an adress. The link to the range doesn't work.
If no adress then how about some directions. I'll be comming into Waynesvill on 73 westbound.
TIA
Paul
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#30]
When your in waynesville and pass ceasars creek and 42 intersection you will come to some blinking yellow lights...turn left on townshipline rd. Millers campground is just at the bottom of the hill and you'll see the sign on your left. When you see the sign turn left onto the gravel road. Merge right to go to the office to get a membership. ITs possible no one will be in the trailer(office) and if so just follow the gravel road back till you see a big field. You should see us back there shooting. IF you want more specific directions just type in the address: 6964 Townshipline Rd
Waynesville, OH 45068.... and do a yahoo search.

Brian
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for the info. I'll be there with lots of belts loaded
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#33]
All of us had a blast. AW4ever brought some of his 1919's and let all of us shoot it. IT was the most fun Id ever had there. There are a couple nice big pits in the berm now and we converted a 10" diameter log into wood chips. The weather was perfect for shooting.

TZ99: maybe if AW4ever doesnt mind you could post those pics.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice range will have to check it out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Yea it was fun. Don't think the paper punchers liked it too much though.
Post the pix.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Was slacking with the camera, only got two that are only worthwhile.

I agree those three guys had that thing going
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Hi guys.  Is this an Ohio only range or can a poor Northern Kentucky resident get in on the fun too?  I'll be more than happy to contribute $25 for a membership - that's a great price.

I'm new to AR-15's but I have a Bushmaster 20" flat top and just short of 2,000 rounds of ammo.  I've only shot a couple of mags just to check them out.  All of mags came from the Equipment Exchange board here at AR-15.com

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Briar hoppers are more than welcome to join up Call a buddy, bring a friend, and bring all those "evil black rifles".

Bendover was talking about having a meet next weekend. TZ99 wont be able to make it and AW4ever needs time to re-stock on all the ammo we shot And BTW AW4ever, I owe you some ammo and next time the pop is on me! I was thinking we could have another one in the next month to accomodate everyone. If you guys wanted we could get pizza or something and hang out at the clubhouse and shoot some pool or whatever after the shoot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Paul, check your IM.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top