User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2007 3:55:36 PM EDT
old
Link Posted: 7/16/2007 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
resolved
Link Posted: 7/16/2007 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Traffic violations? Suspended license? Restraining order placed against you? Unpaid parking tickets?
Link Posted: 7/16/2007 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#3]
prolly someone with same name who did something bad, happened to my dad once.
a call should clear it up.

or you might be ON THE LIST which means you better have a boating accident with your current stash of toys before THEY come kicking in the door knocking on the door.
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 4:06:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
prolly someone with same name who did something bad, happened to my dad once.
a call should clear it up.

or you might be ON THE LIST which means you better have a boating accident with your current stash of toys before THEY come kicking in the door knocking on the door.

+1

When I lived in Cali the same thing happened.  You probably have a driver license number close to someone who did something wrong.

As long as you don't have any warrants you should be good.

Max
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 7:21:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Some evil dirtbag and I have the same name, which ended up on the TSA list. I run into this kind of BS each time I conduct business that requires ID, especially if the transaction / exchange does not include my SS#.
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Ugh, screw the DOJ. Stuff like this is complete BS.
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By Garand1911

The "LIST"?
If you have to ask what the list is, your probably already on it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh you should have seen the hilarity on around the Danby Homestead when Pa Danby got the back child support letter from the DA and Ma Danby opened it.  You probably don't want to be on THAT list either.

I was potentially a witness in a case which was getting very cold and we figured it was a forget it, not going anywhere letter.
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I came across a post of yours which might be the reason why it was put on hold. You might still be under investigation.

Quoted:

If a cop pulled me over, in, say, the bay area, would he freak out over a folding stock on an M1 Carbine or stan. cap. mags in a GLOCK? Or do cops overlook stuff like this when it involves decent folk?

Your response:

NOPE They ran background checks on me and my cousins because they said we were firing automatic weapons on our land btw.  And it was just rapid firing legal semi auto weapons

--not in the bay area out in the sticks
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#10]
old
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#12]
oldt
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/19/2007 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I was put on hold once cause they couldn't find my file.  I think it was out for my teacher background check.  They approved it like three days later.  But it was only once out of 50 some odd purchases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top