Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/4/2005 4:09:18 PM EDT
At the Quarry. I cant wait, had a lot of fun last time.Thanks again Pathfinder.
MAP AND DIRECTIONS TOP OF PAGE 2
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#1]
paul, can we get this shoot pinned please??????
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.   And will be bring some fun firearms to shoot
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]
WOOT WOOT!!!! Hopefully my 1919a4 will be done by then I got my parts kit in the mail today
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Oct 1st Saturday, plenty of notice, and on Saturday......................I'm in.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes Blue get it done.   That will be 2 1919's at the shoot.   what tripod are you going to use?
I have a german AA tripod with 1919_4_me's mount and T&E.   Got to say it's a very nice setup.

And a image of my new sight mount I made.

If you need any help let me know.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Make that three.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#7]
with 3 belt feeds how can one not have fun.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd love to attend this and meet everyone.

What should a new guy bring besides ear/eye protection and water/liquid?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
with 3 belt feeds how can one not have fun.

Hope those are pre-ban belts, clip them as long as you want!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you need any help let me know.

Incoming IM
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yes Blue get it done.   That will be 2 1919's at the shoot.   what tripod are you going to use?
I have a german AA tripod with 1919_4_me's mount and T&E.   Got to say it's a very nice setup.

I work in a metal shop so I might try and make my own tripod otherwise I might just surf around and see what I can find on the net.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I have some "pvc pipe build" target stands I can bring. Hold paper and cardboard targets. Should I?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have some "pvc pipe build" target stands I can bring. Hold paper and cardboard targets. Should I?

Go ahead and bring them the more targets the better, water jugs  work good too.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#14]
yes sir saturday oct  1 .  I will be there can I bring some beer and steak for drinks and food  for the after shoot, HELL  I think I might brinG  ME  tent MATE  and do a 2 day shoot that  would be best,,,,,,, better than those so cal one DAY pops
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
yes sir saturday oct  1 .  I will be there can I bring some beer and steak for drinks and food  for the after shoot, HELL  I think I might brinG  ME  tent MATE  and do a 2 day shoot that  would be best,,,,,,, better than those so cal one DAY pops

2 days would be cool. Shoot and BBQ then camp out and do the same the next day. I don't know if we can BBQ down there in the quarry though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2 days would be cool. Shoot and BBQ then camp out and do the same the next day. I don't know if we can BBQ down there in the quarry though.

Fire permits are required to use a charcol grill. If the fire danger is high enough they will not issue permits. You would have to go to the ranger station east of Pollock Pines on Hwy 50 to get the permit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#17]
What about gas grills?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#18]
we got pinned, thanks master chief  woot! woot!

meat
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

when pie and i can get an all kali shoot together , solidarity is most important , no more socal, norcal, east coast west coast b.s..  but until then  let's keep the shoot going. untied we stand , devide we FALL

too many gibson's tonite , i'd better sign off before i piss off more aarfcommers .

damn pie man, like the hardware makes me want to get this kali shoot set up sooner. i am hunbled in your presense. can i shoot it . i'll bring ammo...............

meat
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What about gas grills?

Here's the rules on fires/BBQ grills from the El Dorado Forest website:

* If no restrictions are in effect, you may use a stove, lantern, charcoal barbeque, or wood campfire in accordance with the regulations listed on your permit.
   * When restrictions are in effect campfires and charcoal barbeques are allowed only in designated developed campgrounds on this forest. Only gas stoves and lanterns can be used in the general forest. Additional restrictions to other activities may also be in effect so check back before you come.

If you have questions regarding current restrictions and their effect on your plans please check with Eldorado NF Information Line at 530-644-6048 or any Eldorado National Forest office.

Here's the url for the webpage where you can check current conditions, and has the phone number to call also: www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/conditions/fire-restrictions/index.shtml

The Quarry is NOT a desiginated campsite, and does NOT have a designated fire ring. People do camp there so spending the night is not a problem.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:02:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I was thinking the same thing.   Because I'm coming from San Jose I would rather drive up early sat and come home Sun.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What about gas grills?

Here's the rules on fires/BBQ grills from the El Dorado Forest website:

* If no restrictions are in effect, you may use a stove, lantern, charcoal barbeque, or wood campfire in accordance with the regulations listed on your permit.
   * When restrictions are in effect campfires and charcoal barbeques are allowed only in designated developed campgrounds on this forest. Only gas stoves and lanterns can be used in the general forest. Additional restrictions to other activities may also be in effect so check back before you come.

If you have questions regarding current restrictions and their effect on your plans please check with Eldorado NF Information Line at 530-644-6048 or any Eldorado National Forest office.

Here's the url for the webpage where you can check current conditions, and has the phone number to call also: www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/conditions/fire-restrictions/index.shtml

The Quarry is NOT a desiginated campsite, and does NOT have a designated fire ring. People do camp there so spending the night is not a problem.

Thanks Pthfndr, did not know that. Don't camp much outside private property.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Did someone say BELTFED?

Count me in for some bowling pins, man targets and Mountain Dew.

*on the condition pieeater lets me behind his .50
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#24]

You would have to go to the ranger station east of Pollock Pines on Hwy 50 to get the permit.

Where is this shoot going to be? Pollock Pines ain't too far from me
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

You would have to go to the ranger station east of Pollock Pines on Hwy 50 to get the permit.

Where is this shoot going to be? Pollock Pines ain't too far from me

It's at a small quarry 6 miles down North South road. About 30 minutes out of Pollock Pines.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#26]
For those who didn't get it from the thread on our first shoot at the quarry, here's directions and a map.

Directions:
To get to the quarry head up hwy 50 from Sacramento
towards Lake Tahoe. Go past Placerville about 12 miles
to the Sly Park Road exit and turn right at the end of
the off ramp. (for those needing gas or groceries there is a
Safeway on the left side of the highway)

Go approximately 4.5 - 5 miles and turn left on Mormon
Emigrant Trail. This is right after you pass Sly Park
Reservoir / Jenkinson Lake.

Go up M.E.T approximately 11 miles ( ignore any signs
about the road closed due to snow, you won't be going
that far up ) and look for a small sign on the right
for North South Road.

Turn right on North South Road. Start counting the
wood mile marker posts. When you see mile marker 6.
stop. There will be a small dirt road on your left.
There should be a large P painted on the asphalt.
The quarry is down the dirt road a couple hundred
yards. There's a stand of big trees in the center
where you can park in the shade, or campout if you
like.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the info. I assume anyone is invited? If so I hope my work schedule works out and I'll come meet y'all
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#28]
My 1919 might be done by then!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! Now I gotta buy a ton of ammo!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I assume anyone is invited? If so I hope my work schedule works out and I'll come meet y'all

All are invited. The last couple times we got there about 10:30-10:45 and stayed till around 3 or 4. So people can show up pretty much anytime and stay as long as they want to. Even camp out overnight if they're so inclined.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#31]
This sounds like fun, I'll have to check the calendar to see if I can make it.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#32]
I will be camping there saturday night.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:31:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I hope to make it. The last AR15.com shoot I attended was south of Sac in 99 or 00.  Anymore pictures of the Quarry?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#34]
tag
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Heading back to Cali at the end of September. If schedule permits, I'll have to try and get up there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#36]
I just found my long lost USGS topo 7.5 minute Sly Park quadrangle map. I'm going to have to look this place up

ETA never mind...the quarry is on the Stump Spring quadrangle. But I have an El Dorado National Forest map, which the map above is from.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I hope to make it. The last AR15.com shoot I attended was south of Sac in 99 or 00.  Anymore pictures of the Quarry?

This was me.  Got my old username back and looking forward to the carnage.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Unless my car is once more totalled right before the shoot, I will be there!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Transmission on my van went out last week so I don't know if I'm gonna make it
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Only 2 more weeks people. Make sure you have all your "honey do's" done so you can be there.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Almost here...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Hope you guys don't mind another shooter there.  I'm a FAL man myself, but will bring my AR as "back-up".

Do 50's on an AR lower count?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll be there w/1919, .50 bmg, and other fun toys and of course anyone is welcome to shoot them. Is someone going to bring a clay target thrower?   if so I'll bring some clays and my O/U shotgun.

Any plans on food?  or just everyone bring their own lunch?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Hope you guys don't mind another shooter there.  I'm a FAL man myself, but will bring my AR as "back-up".

Do 50's on an AR lower count?

Yep
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I'll be there w/1919, .50 bmg, and other fun toys and of course anyone is welcome to shoot them. Is someone going to bring a clay target thrower?   if so I'll bring some clays and my O/U shotgun.

I'll see if I can borrow one if not I'll bring one of the hand throwers and some clays.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I think I have a hand thrower around here somewhere. IIRC someone brought one last time (Blue had a real nice spring powered one). If all else fails we can throw them by hand.

No lunch is organized so bring your own food and drinks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#48]
I brought one last time and you guys are more than welcome to borrow it if I don't make it. I think it was easier to use the hand thrower though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, was really looking forward to meeting you all, but with the workload we have now it ain't happeninghinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#50]
what are people brining for targets?   Im trying to find something to bring to shoot buy no luck as of yet.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top