Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2011 2:17:59 PM EDT
If anyone is good at doing a desert style camo Krylon job on my Savage MKII or knows someone who is, let me know. I would be happy to pay
I am in the Orlando area.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
no ideas?
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 3:14:04 AM EDT
[#2]
DIY. It's Krylon, so if you don't like the way it looks, it's gonna wear off with some hard use anyway. I recently did my AR with Krylon and it looks good enough, and I'm no artist by any means. Look in the Refinishing Forum for ideas.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Do it yourself.  It is rediculously easy; in fact, there really isn't a way to mess it up.  Make sure that your scope lenses are covers and shove a foam earplug into the bore.  Spray a light coat of tan.  Loosly wrap a mesh laundry bag around parts if you want to add a snakeskin texture effect.  Go out in your yard and pull some vegetation/ferns/weeds/whatever to use as a stensil.  Hold the stensil between the paint can and rifle and add some color (brown/olive drap/black).  Keep going until you like the results.  If you add too much color or don't like a section, add more Krylon.

If you really want some help with it and feel like driving to Tampa, I can help you out.  It only takes about 10 minutes start to finish.
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Well after some reading and you tube watching im off to get some paint and give it a try...
Thanks for the advice !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top