Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2010 10:52:23 PM EDT
I would like to take my wife to a very nice restaurant. Something business attire but maybe not suit and tie.
Please make suggestions and put in link if they have a website.

Type of food, any. We like everything.

Also suggestions for sites to see.  We are going to Universal and another park. Not Disney. Anything else that we should go see?
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 3:23:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Drive around the Disney area looking for deer and turkey, Seaworld to ride Manta, trip to Spike's Tactical, Fantasy of Flight to the west on I-4, Kennedy Space Center, and Friendlys for ice cream.
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 4:00:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The two places that I really love to eat at when I'm in Orlando are Roy's on Sandlake Dr and Texas de Brazil on International..Roy's is a Polynesian restaurant and Texas is a Brazilian Steak house..
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 4:13:57 AM EDT
[#3]
In my opinion the best place to eat in Orlando is the ravenous pig.  It is a little up scale with a very casual feel.  The food is amazing.

http://theravenouspig.com/

Also there is great Thai place called S.E.A. Thai.  Its on Colonial Drive near Bennet.  It looks very unimpressive from the outside (in a small strip mall), but inside its very nice and the food is always outstanding.
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 5:28:18 AM EDT
[#4]
how much money do you want to spend for dinner?

Cuban type food Bahama Breeze Business to nice casual attire, great food, great service, decent pricing.  We ate there every time we are down that way.

Steak Charley’s Steak House  Formal to Business and nice casual (nice slack and colar shirt.  Expensive, Excellent service, Excellent food.

There are many to pick from a long International drive ranging from $10/main course - $50 depending on where you go.  Here's a listed 10 best in orlando
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 6:17:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Cuban type food Bahama Breeze Business to nice casual attire, great food, great service, decent pricing.  We ate there every time we are down that way.

Steak Charley’s Steak House  Formal to Business and nice casual (nice slack and colar shirt.  Expensive, Excellent service, Excellent food.

There are many to pick from a long International drive ranging from $10/main course - $50 depending on where you go.  Here's a listed 10 best in orlando

Charley's was voted one of the top 5 steakhouses in the WORLD a few years back, I would highly recommend it, however go to the original location on OBT and skip to one on International drive.
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 6:41:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Charley's was voted one of the top 5 steakhouses in the WORLD a few years back, I would highly recommend it, however go to the original location on OBT and skip to one on International drive.

+1 on the OBT location.

All of the places mentioned above are excellent.

Also on Sand Lake Rd. in the vicinity of Roy's is Moonfish, J. Alexanders, Bento Cafe, Ocean Prime, Dragonfly, Big Fin, Samba Room, and a whole slew of other restaurants that I haven't been to yet.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2010 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Charley's Steak house..... Good choice

And I tell everyone to visit SkyVenture Orlando.... As close as you can get to skydiving without the jump.

http://www.skyventureorlando.com/coupons/default.aspx
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#8]
So far I'm leaning toward Charleys for the first night of dinner. I think that's going to be our formal night.
I want to let my beard grow out as much as possible the rest of the week, so less formal the rest of the vacation.

Thanks for the advice, keep them coming.
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Stay away from Flemmings if you are looking for a good steak.  The wife and I went there on the advice of friends, and dropped a little over $200 with tip (no alcohol) and the steak was average at best and the service was aweful.
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#11]
We need a sticky for suggestions.

Texas de Brazil is a pretty awesome Brazilian steakhouse.  If you've never been to one it's great.
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#12]
The wife and I always enjoy Antonio's in Maitland, but they also have one on Restaurant Row off Sand Lake in Orlando. Never been to Del Frisco's, but they are consistently ranked as one of the top steakhouses in the US. Went to Texas de Brazil the other night. If you're a fan of all you can
eat BBQ meat, you can't go wrong. Bring expandable pants though.

http://www.antoniosonline.com/

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/

Link Posted: 10/11/2010 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Landed safely about an hour ago. Pretty decent weather out. Looking forward to tonights dinner at charleys!

Thanks for the advise guys!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#14]
If you were down for a buffet I would say the Boston Lobster Feast. Amazing food. Definitely not a suit and tie type of place!
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Try and catch a show at the House of Blues or Hard Rock Live.  Two great  venues to see bands. Just saw Gaslight Anthem there, was a great show.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Enjoy your stay.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#17]
This may be too late, but go see a Blue Man Group or Cirque Du Soleil show! Or go to Epcot's food and wine festival!
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Fishbone is not a bad place to drop by for seafood and steak.  Charley's is great. Roy is good.  There are the Emeril's restaruants at Univerisal stuidos too.  Yes, you need to stop at Spike's too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Update: we went to "original" charleys. Awesome food. Huge portions. Neat interior.  It felt like I was in some low light mafia movie.
My wife and I split a HUGE Porterhouse. By far one of the best steaks I have had.
Thanks for the advise! We also had jumbo shrimp cocktale for appetizer. Dessert was carrot cake, and strawberry short cake. I'll post pictures later. We have a bunch of left overs! Glad our timeshare has a fridge.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update: we went to "original" charleys. Awesome food. Huge portions. Neat interior.  It felt like I was in some low light mafia movie.
My wife and I split a HUGE Porterhouse. By far one of the best steaks I have had.
Thanks for the advise! We also had jumbo shrimp cocktale for appetizer. Dessert was carrot cake, and strawberry short cake. I'll post pictures later. We have a bunch of left overs! Glad our timeshare has a fridge.

Since you did Charley's, now you need to go to Shula's to compare. I've never been to a Charley's but the steaks at Shula's were pretty damn good... anyone that's been to both?

I've been to Charley's several years ago and my wife and I go to Shula's at least two times a year. Personally I prefer Shula's. Part of my preference is the only Charley's I've been to is the one on South OBT which is not in the best of neighborhoods. Shula's is a little nicer location.

The Palm Restaurant at the Hard Rock Hotel is a good place too. Another one in the area I've heard good things about, but never been to is Del Frisco's. One of these days I'm going to try it but places like Charley's, Del Frisco's, The Palm, and Shula's are expensive and not someplace I can afford to go frequently.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#22]
If you like Italian I strongly reccommend the Mona Lisa in Longwood. Awesome! Casual and a great romanic getaway. In the old house in the historic district right off Ronald Reagan Blvd.

http://www.monalisaristorante.com/
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top