Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2009 6:54:52 AM EDT
Check out this link:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090611/VIDEO01/906115000/2055/NEWS&template=vide
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#1]
link does not work.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Ooops...never rob a postal employee
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]
A"fucking"men
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:06:53 AM EDT
[#5]
WIN!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the sad part of the story
His injury is not life-threatening.

Too bad the second shot didn't find it's target.

My hat's off to Mr. Firby for defending himself and his family.  Also to the Herald Tribune for actually reporting it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Geesh, who'd thought one day you'd see the cops parading & praising a CWP holder in front of the media 6 hours after popping a cap in some deadbeats ass.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Good shoot.  Another dirt bag taught a lesson.  think he'll learn from it??????????????
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Kudos for them not charging him.

He was obviously justified, but since when does that matter with gun related incidents.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#10]
good shit.  sucks they kept his gun for the time being.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I think this was brought before the the media to send a message to the criminals. Honest law abiding citizens will pop a cap in dat ass so think twice!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think this was brought before the the media to send a message to the criminals. Honest law abiding citizens will pop a cap in dat ass so think twice!

+1
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:09:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Interesting incident.   I am most greatful that the gentleman is alive.  

I am surprised that Mr. Firby (sic) granted the interview though.  Did his lawyer approve? Does he HAVE a lawyer.  If so, why was the lawyer not there?

It is my belief, with 100% certainty, that giving the news media an interview is a BAD idea.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:32:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I love it when a plan comes together!  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Gee, I wonder what the Brady bunch would say about this?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Good shot

Edit: The NRA should put him in the armed citizen in one of their up coming issues of the magazines.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I sure hope he doesn't get screwed by the post office for having the gun in his car while at work.  There's an exception in FL's guns at work law for places where possession of a firearm is against federal law.  Not sure what the fed law is regarding post office employees on post office property.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I sure hope he doesn't get screwed by the post office for having the gun in his car while at work.  There's an exception in FL's guns at work law for places where possession of a firearm is against federal law.  Not sure what the fed law is regarding post office employees on post office property.

The parking lot is part of the post office property.  If they really wanted to they could press charges, as you cannot carry in a post office or on the property (ie parking lot).
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The parking lot is part of the post office property.  If they really wanted to they could press charges, as you cannot carry in a post office or on the property (ie parking lot).

Yeah, and that's what I'm worried about.  FBI or Postal Inspectors waiting for him as he drives back into the parking lot tomorrow to search his car for a firearm.  Or just firing him outright.  He's already admitted to having the gun in his trunk while at work.  I'm not sure I would have done the news conference.  Even if he's going to be OK job-wise, now he's got a target on him for every wannabee gangster in the area.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Why only 2 shots?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure that you can carry on the property; ie: the parking lot.

It's the building itself, that you can't enter with a weapon.

Same as with any other Federal Government office or building, Internal Revenue, Social Security Office, etc.

But the parking lot is GTG.

ETA: That guy has my respect, he took a big chance with the shotty pointed at him, but once you've got the feeling that you're going to be killed no matter what you do; going out like a sheep is the worst option of all.

Too bad the scumbag survived.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure that you can carry on the property; ie: the parking lot.

It's the building itself, that you can't enter with a weapon.

Same as with any other Federal Government office or building, Internal Revenue, Social Security Office, etc.

But the parking lot is GTG.

I certainly hope that's the case.  The public parking lot is one thing.  Employee parking may be another.  Many times, the employee parking at a govt facility is "restricted access" and USPS may look at that differently.

Like everyone else here, I'm 110% behind him and wish him well.  VCA would get gangreen and die a slow, painful, screaming in agony death if there was any real justice.

Latest reports indicate they arrested the other dirtbag as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top