Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/24/2009 2:05:44 PM EDT
Breaking news:
An armed robbery occured in a Burger King on BIscayne downtown, while the man was robbing the store a good samaritain who at the time was CCW asked the guy to lower his weapon. He turned and fired at the CCW guy, injuring him. He fired back killing the theif and is in stable condition and expected to make a full recovery.

WE NEEDED THIS IN MIAMI!
I'd like to find out what hospital he is in and offer him a gift.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Breaking news:
And armed robbery occured in a Burger King on BIscayne downtown, while the man was robbing the store a good samaritain who at the time was CCW asked the guy to lower his weapon. He turned and fired at the CCW guy, injuring him. He fired back killing the theif and is in stable condition and make a full recovery.

WE NEEDED THIS IN MIAMI!
I'd like to find out what hospital he is in and offer him a gift.

Here is the link to the story....   HERE
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Just caught that on channel 4.Good shoot.To bad he got hit but it doesn't look serious.Hope he has a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, get that man more beer and ammo, ... but not in that order.

Love it when regular people rise to protect and serve.

As for the other guy...... may his judgement send him down

Here!
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Good for the CCW guy.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Great, I hope this gets national attention but probably not.  I wonder if local law enforcement will try to spin this in thier favor somehow.  I'm watching the Pres on TV and he once again mentioned that he is working on "helping" the movement of guns to Mexico.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#7]
fuck warning the guy.......shoot the fucker before he shoots you......
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Yessir!

"...git thar Firstest with the Mostest!"
Nathan bedford Forrest
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Good for him!  One less scumbag on our streets!

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

YUP.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+10000000000000000000
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Someone All of us need to forward this story to that writer that just a week ago said this never happens.

A big thank you to the CCW holder for possibly saving a number of innocent peoples lives and by taking out a scumbag.

ETA:  Here's the guy who thinks guns are never used for protection...
Nothing good ever comes from a gun
By Gary Stein | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
March 16, 2009
There's a very simple reason I hate guns.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 1:14:05 AM EDT
[#14]
here's the article...
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opinion/todaysbuzz/monday/sfl-0316buzz-stein-guns,0,1165078.htmlstory

He grew up tough in Chicago, so there will never be a gun in his house.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 2:27:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I heard it on the Savage Nation. That's the only national news it made.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 2:46:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yup - why give the POS an opportunity to turn around.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 2:59:21 AM EDT
[#17]
+1
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:09:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

what he said..

If he gave a warning, could some liberal fuck stick in that liberal ass city argue that he wasn't in "immediate danger" etc...?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I heard it on the Savage Nation. That's the only national news it made.

It's posted out on Drudge.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#20]
is this the one near the port of miami?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

is this the one near the port of miami?

'bout a mile North

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:09:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I looked it up it wasn't the BK Lounge i was thinking of I had a near draw down incident about 2 years ago in the BK lounge about a mile south of where this shooting occurred.

People in Miami are screwed up. They have no idea what civility and politeness are.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:08:12 AM EDT
[#23]
That's the BK on Biscayne near Soyka's restaurant.  Right across the railroad tracks from Little Haiti, and just down the street from where I live.  Not the first time some shit has gone down right in that area.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#24]
The guy's got a name now: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/968765.html

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#25]

It's nice to here some success stories, this is the type of news that will make these pos theives think twice before holding up another store.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#26]
One p.o.s. tried, convicted, and sentenced to the fate he deserved!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like the Herald already pulled the story on thee CCW guy. The guns are bad story still is up.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Looks like the Herald already pulled the story on thee CCW guy. The guns are bad story still is up.  

The gun used by the robber was on the list of top 10 guns used in
crimes in the U.S. in 2000, according TIME magazine, which published a
study by U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

WTF - they added this bit after they first put it up... what relevance does this have!

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#29]
There is one good thing about that list that I remember; no assault weapons.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The libs fail to see that the AWB of 94 fueled a move toward smaller handgun design due to the magazine
capacity limits. Just the thing they always hated.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The libs fail to see that the AWB of 94 fueled a move toward smaller handgun design due to the magazine

capacity limits. Just the thing they always hated.

Maybe now they see the light: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=4633

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Soo the bad guy had a tiny .380 versus the Glock 19 of the good guy...  No wonder I love my Glock 19, never leave home without it!!!!!  

"According to police, Jean-Baptiste wore a ski mask when he walked into the Burger King at Northeast 54th Street and Biscayne Boulevard armed with a gun. It was a time, employees said, when it is usually crowded with schoolchildren and people getting out of work early. Jean-Baptiste then approached the counter, pointed his tiny semiautomatic Bryco .380 towards the restaurant's employees and demanded money.

That's when Landers, armed with a concealed weapons permit and his 9mm Glock 19, asked Jean-Baptiste to put the gun down, according to the police report.

Jean-Baptiste refused and began firing his gun and Landers shot back, police reported.

Within seconds, Landers had been shot in his chest, shoulder and arm –– and Jean-Baptiste lay dead on the restaurant floor, according to police."

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#33]
First off ... I'm glad the good guy survived. It is unfortunate that he took some incoming, but ...
2nd ... You would have to have lived in SoFla for a looooooong time, but ... Does anyone besides myself recall a shooting in North Miami or North Miami Beach, back in the mid-'70s, where some Burger King employees were found robbed & executed in the back part of the BK ?  It may have only been one young guy that worked there. I seem to recall some incident along those lines.  
???

Stay safe
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#34]
i really want to shake that guys hand. he saved FL so much in tax payers money that he should get a award. robber would not be so inclined to rob a store if all the people inside had a gun and where better shots. with my Glock 19 it would have been a sure kill as well. i can belive the news video of the robbers family saying in slang "why they gotta do him like that, he wasnt going hurt any buddy", and no i cant type the way they say it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
i really want to shake that guys hand. he saved FL so much in tax payers money that he should get a award. robber would not be so inclined to rob a store if all the people inside had a gun and where better shots. with my Glock 19 it would have been a sure kill as well. i can belive the news video of the robbers family saying in slang "why they gotta do him like that, he wasnt going hurt any buddy", and no i cant type the way they say it.

He wasn't going to hurt any buddy? he fired first!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#36]
i don't know if you saw the vid clip but it was funny to hear them say "he never hurt nobody". you i cant believe the crap some people say.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i don't know if you saw the vid clip but it was funny to hear them say "he never hurt nobody". you i cant believe the crap some people say.

No I have not seem the video. It doesn't matter any more the piece of shit is death.... Which is what matters now..  Hope the good guy is out of the hospital soon....
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#38]
The shooter is AR15.com member DJohn.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The shooter is AR15.com member DJohn.

Some how I knew that it have to be one of us....  When ever he is out of the hospital, hopefully we can meet up with him and buy him a beer or two....
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 6:45:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Heck, if the hero was really one of us, we should take up a collection and gift him with an engraved Glock and a case of ammo :)

I ate at that BK several times a week for 7 years, when I worked down the street a few blocks.  I carried there every time, just because it was two blocks from Little Haiti.
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#41]
updates?
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#42]
FL law says MR CCW  can prevent felonies right?
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Good to hear another CCW success story!  Get well soon, so we can buy you a round.
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Hooah!

One less dirtbag.
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
FL law says MR CCW  can prevent felonies right?

Forcible felonies = yes

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#46]
any word from djohn?
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
any word from djohn?

He's posted about this quite a bit over at Lightfighter.net.  There is a thread there in the Crusader Hall forum titled "DJohn Incident".
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#48]
John,

Is doing better.. He is home and I think he still doesn't have his 9mm Glock back yet.. (This is according to what I read from lightfighter.net)
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
any word from djohn?

Sorry for not posting sooner - it's been an interesting month.  

I'm a long-time lurker here, but I've never posted much, so I didn't think to check in.  Thanks to Erickrn for bringing this thread to my attention.

As most of you probably know, there's still at least one accomplice at large, so I've been trying to keep a low profile - especially while I'm recovering.  The Miami PD had officers stationed outside my room 24/7 while I was in the hospital (they even removed my name from the patient list), but I'm on my own now, which is why I've been avoiding any publicity.  I've been reluctant to discuss the extent of my injuries, even on a friendly internet forum, because I didn't want to give anyone the idea that I can't protect myself right now.  I'm not fully recovered, but I can still shoot, move, and communicate.

Also, the Miami PD still has my Glock 19, but I've got another one - and so does my wife.  And we've got lots of spare magazines.

Because the investigation is still ongoing, it wouldn't be appropriate for me to publicly discuss the incident itself.  I will say, however, that all of the news stories that I've seen have been incomplete and/or inaccurate.  

I've got an attorney, but I don't expect to need him.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone for their support.  I really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

any word from djohn?

Sorry for not posting sooner - it's been an interesting month.  

I'm a long-time lurker here, but I've never posted much, so I didn't think to check in.  Thanks to Erickrn for bringing this thread to my attention.

As most of you probably know, there's still at least one accomplice at large, so I've been trying to keep a low profile - especially while I'm recovering.  The Miami PD had officers stationed outside my room 24/7 while I was in the hospital (they even removed my name from the patient list), but I'm on my own now, which is why I've been avoiding any publicity.  I've been reluctant to discuss the extent of my injuries, even on a friendly internet forum, because I didn't want to give anyone the idea that I can't protect myself right now.  I'm not fully recovered, but I can still shoot, move, and communicate.

Also, the Miami PD still has my Glock 19, but I've got another one - and so does my wife.  And we've got lots of spare magazines.

Because the investigation is still ongoing, it wouldn't be appropriate for me to publicly discuss the incident itself.  I will say, however, that all of the news stories that I've seen have been incomplete and/or inaccurate.  

I've got an attorney, but I don't expect to need him.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone for their support.  I really appreciate it.

Hope you recover soon..

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top