Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/13/2005 10:53:28 AM EDT
Since our last scheduled shoot was "indirectly cancelled" by Hurricane Wilma and so many that were going to come cancelled at the last minute due to it, Jeff and I decided that it would be a good idea to reschedule it for a closer date.

I know that this date coming up is so close however we feel that it can make up for the last one that everyone was "supposedly" prepared for.  Look at the dates and hope to see you all there!
----------

When
Sunday, November 6th, 9:00 AM

Where (see directions below)
Babcock/Webb Wildlife Management Area Shooting Range
29200 Tucker Grade Road
Punta Gorda, FL 33955.
Phone: 941-575-5768

Cost (per person)
$3.00 per person at the unattended entrance (there's a yellow post)
----------

Maps and Directions

From North
Head south on I-75 to Exit 158 (Tucker Grade)
Turn left on Tucker Grade and drive straight and you will drive right into the park.

From South
Head north on I-75 to Exit 158 (Tucker Grade)
Turn right on Tucker Grade and drive straight and you will drive right into the park.

Directions To the Range
Stop at the Entrance (sign and Yellow Post to your right)
After paying the park entrance fee, continue straight on the dirt road.
About 1/2 mile down the dirt road, you will see the Ranges on the left.

When pulling into the Ranges, you will see three (3) ranges.  The first one is the long range, second is the Pistol and Rifle Range, and the very end will be the Shotgun Range.  We will be gathered and shooting at the second range for pistols and rifles.
--------------------

See You All There!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there, but I'll have to skip on the dinner. No point in traveling 200 miles on Sat and doing it again on SUNDAY.

Can't wait
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd be willing to open up my living room to a few ARFCOMers Saturday night  after the dinner who live far away...

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd be willing to open up my living room to a few ARFCOMers Saturday night  after the dinner who live far away...

D'OH! I missed that somehow
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to try to make it down for the first time.  I have to get ahold of my sister and make sure it is cool for me to crash at her place that weekend.  If not I will probably still travel down for the shoot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm going to try to make it down for the first time.  I have to get ahold of my sister and make sure it is cool for me to crash at her place that weekend.  If not I will probably still travel down for the shoot.

Travel down from where?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#6]
You can count me & the mrs in for this one. Need to try out the new fire & ice grill
If anyone is interested in somemore decals, let me know ahead of time, so I can get em ready.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You can count me & the mrs in for this one. Need to try out the new fire & ice grill
If anyone is interested in somemore decals, let me know ahead of time, so I can get em ready.

I'm excited to hear you're BOTH coming again this time!
----------

On a more serious note...

Most of us are aware of the theft that went on at the FDCC Shoot not to long ago and I myself just finished reading the whole thread thoroughly.  If you haven't taken the time to read it, I strongly recommend that you do.  It both saddens me that someone would have the gall to do such a thing; and at the same time I'm enraged!  Yet I've learned a lesson and hope to apply it to our future shoots.

I've reviewed our past shoots in my mind and I do remember on several occasions when many of us (myself included) have had our backs turned, even all of us in the parking lot taking a group picture, with all of our guns on the table.  Mind you a total of tens of thousands of dollars of equipment.  I want to put a precaution for those of you who plan on attending either this or our future shoots.

Please be responsible for your own equipment.  Keep a constant eye on your equipment, or, if you must walk away, asking another ARFCOMer to watch it for you.  I'm sure they'd be more than glad to put your stuff in their trunk and drive off when you're going to the bathroom.  LOL  j/k  In all seriousness, we need to look out for ourselves and for each other when we're at these shoots.  

Just a few extra precautions can result in a very good experience for everyone.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:07:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Travel down from where?

From Tallahassee.  If my sister has something going on that weekend, I might go crash in tampa and then ride down from there on Satuday night and Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Disclaimer
The below JPEG / Wanted Poster is FAKE and does NOT reflect a real FBI Wanted Poster.
I just had to come up w/ a more creative way to bump this to the top while poking fun
at my fellow ARFCOMers instead of the boring "btt".

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Disclaimer
The below JPEG / Wanted Poster is FAKE and does NOT reflect a real FBI Wanted Poster.
I just had to come up w/ a more creative way to bump this to the top while poking fun
at my fellow ARFCOMers instead of the boring "btt".

home.comcast.net/~tomandkatie/wanted.jpg

No description on the wheel man huh?!*whew!* I mean.....Uh... *whistles and stroles away*
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#11]
hmmm.... Oct. 23rd huh. May have to come on down (it sucks that my family just made a mass exodus out of N. Ft. Myers). Let me check my drill schedule and the wifes schedule and i'll let ya'll know.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#12]
With this much time to plan ahead I should be able to make my first shoot. If anyone wants to ride down with me your more than welcome to join. I am coming from Tarpon Springs.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#13]
So at the "last shoot" my little sister Jaquelinn was there.  The next one my little brother Joe (25-years old) is coming.  He's moving down from Oregon on Wednesday and I already have him committed to coming.  He's bringing his AR-15 Wannabe Paintball Gun.  Yall will get a kick out of it.  He needs to be converted to the dark side gentlemen! I trust you'll help me convince him that a REAL AR is the route he needs to go.

Now to make fun of my little brother before he gets here.  He has these whacked out pictures he took of himself.  I'm cruel therefore I post...

Who in the hell my brother thinks he is in these photos is beyond me, let alone why he would have these taken.  

No he's not gay... I think...  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So at the "last shoot" my little sister Jaquelinn was there.  The next one my little brother Joe (25-years old) is coming.  He's moving down from Oregon on Wednesday and I already have him committed to coming. He's bringing his AR-15 Wannabe Paintball Gun.  Yall will get a kick out of it.  He needs to be converted to the dark side gentlemen! I trust you'll help me convince him that a REAL AR is the route he needs to go.

Now to make fun of my little brother before he gets here.  He has these whacked out pictures he took of himself.  I'm cruel therefore I post...

home.comcast.net/~tomandkatie/joe1.jpg.home.comcast.net/~tomandkatie/joe2.jpg.home.comcast.net/~tomandkatie/joe3.jpg

Who in the hell my brother thinks he is in these photos is beyond me, let alone why he would have these taken.  

Hes bringing a PAINTBALL gun.....to a....SHOOTING range...!

Is he ASKING to get beat up (verbally)by us black Riflers? He better have thick skin, I smell a sh*t storm coming to a range near you
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Is that your brother?
How sure are you about him not being gay?
I don't know about those pictures.
Jeff might get a kick out of them
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So at the "last shoot" my little sister Jaquelinn was there.  The next one my little brother Joe (25-years old) is coming.  He's moving down from Oregon on Wednesday and I already have him committed to coming. He's bringing his AR-15 Wannabe Paintball Gun.  Yall will get a kick out of it.  He needs to be converted to the dark side gentlemen! I trust you'll help me convince him that a REAL AR is the route he needs to go.

home.comcast.net/~tomandkatie/joe1.jpg.home.comcast.net/~tomandkatie/joe2.jpg.home.comcast.net/~tomandkatie/joe3.jpg

Hes bringing a PAINTBALL gun.....to a....SHOOTING range...!

Is he ASKING to get beat up (verbally)by us black Riflers? He better have thick skin, I smell a sh*t storm coming to a range near you

I can see it brewing on the horizon! Reminds me... if i come down i should pack a damn parka.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:07:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

i will also bring my new S&W  3" barrel 44 mag

Lew Horton?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:07:18 AM EDT
[#19]

That's one of them dang Orygon metrosexuals, ain't it?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I should be able to attend this shoot. I have some goodies for you guys to play with anyway. I put the new spec ops stock on my 870. there is ZERO recoil on this shotgun. It's freaking amazing.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/jrhack79/8701.jpg
i will also bring my new S&W  3" barrel 44 mag
img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/jrhack79/629tb1.jpg

Tom ask your brother how the homosexual lifestyle is.  He'll probably tell you it's a pain in the ass though.
 Please inform him this is a gun range where people shoot actual firearms. There is an indoor paintball place in ft myers. perhaps you could drop him off prior to the event so he can run around with the rest of 12 y/os while the grown ups get together.

J

i got see that model 629 up close yesterday and i have to say thats a sweet peice.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:04:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Tom ask your brother how the homosexual lifestyle is.  He'll probably tell you it's a pain in the ass though.
 Please inform him this is a gun range where people shoot actual firearms. There is an indoor paintball place in ft myers. perhaps you could drop him off prior to the event so he can run around with the rest of 12 y/os while the grown ups get together.

J

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:10:45 AM EDT
[#22]
btt
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I caught this thread slippin'
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#24]
im there dude!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Only 25,000?  We need to work on our standing with the FBI.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#26]
BTT!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#27]
btt
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#28]
It's official I'll be there.  I have a place to stay.  I've got my brother-in-law trying to get Sunday off too so he can go, heck maybe even my Sister will show up.  Now if I can that monday off, then I won't have to drive home 6 hours after the shoot.  Looking forward to meeting and shooting with some more Arfcomers.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's official I'll be there.  I have a place to stay.  I've got my brother-in-law trying to get Sunday off too so he can go, heck maybe even my Sister will show up.  Now if I can that monday off, then I won't have to drive home 6 hours after the shoot.  Looking forward to meeting and shooting with some more Arfcomers.  hr

how you doin? hty.gif

J

watch out now, she's a good shot.  Plus the bro-in-law is a big boy.  Course I'd be more worried about her...

BTW, I did get Monday off so I won't have to leave early and rush home.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
BTW, I did get Monday off so I won't have to leave early and rush home.  

Sweet!  Should we be grilling anything this time around anyone?  Stang1 and his wife is bringing the tent.  I'm thinking Dogs again, but I was thinking something else too... Hmmm...  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:52:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

but I was thinking something else too... Hmmm...  hr

Not knowing you guys, I guess all I can say is I'm scared... hock.gif
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:11:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but I was thinking something else too... Hmmm...  

Not knowing you guys, I guess all I can say is I'm scared...

Be afraid.....very afraid......
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:59:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone looking to carpool?  I live in Tampa about 1mile from I-75.  Will help pay for gas, etc.  I have an AR I aquired off a trade that I cant wait to shoot.  Im 25yr old guy and pretty normal, I would be bringing one hard sided TZ case thats like 6'x2'.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Anyone looking to carpool?  I live in Tampa about 1mile from I-75.  Will help pay for gas, etc.  I have an AR I aquired off a trade that I cant wait to shoot.  Im 25yr old guy and pretty normal, I would be bringing one hard sided TZ case thats like 6'x2'.  

NonConformist is driving down from Tampa.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Should be alot of fun Bringing down a 9mm that I just built for the Mrs to shoot. Should have an ML3 on it by then
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I think that I will be bringing somebody up on current events. Current for a very arid climate...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I think that I will be bringing somebody up on current events. Current for a very arid climate...

Oooo... Your son back?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:51:30 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

OohRah!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:38:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Osprey are you going to make this one?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:05:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Gonna do my best.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
click here

Now, why in the hell did I click that??

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
click here

Always right click and check properties before opening links.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
click here

Dude! Your scarin' me
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:37:24 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
click here

Always right click and check properties before opening links.

I knew that, and I still couldn't resist to see what kind of intelligent information Jeff had to share with us.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:06:12 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
click here

Always right click and check properties before opening JJ's links.

I knew that, and I still couldn't resist to see what kind of intelligent information Jeff had to share with us.

fixed it  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#49]
aahhhhhhhh!! Feel the love!

jj
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top