Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2003 9:19:37 PM EDT
FDCC will be shooting its 34th match on Sunday, July 27th, 9:30am at the Osceola Gun Range in Lake City. Its free, its fun, its open to the public. Be there or be left out.

Be advised;
Be on the lookout for information on out 3 Year Anniversary shoot on AUGUST 31st. Thousands and thousands of dollars in door and raffle prizes, BBQ, silenced/machine gun rentals, gear sale, and fun for the whole family. Make plans now...
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:03:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Werd.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Neil, what are some of the prizes?  I heard something about a RIS and a RAS at the last shoot!
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]

AUGUST 31st

That's my birthday!

I'm bound to win something...

Dirk
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#4]
See ya there!
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
More info on the August shoot and the prizes will be fourthcoming. Needless to say, there is some truely, truely nice gear up for grabs. I will say this, none of the prizes are going to "winners" of the shoot and everyone coming will be getting something. Most likely a couple of things.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

none of the prizes are going to "winners" of the shoot

I was talking about being lucky on my birthday.

Dirk
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I got lucky on my birthday once...but it cost me a lot later!

Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#8]
tic... tic... tic...
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#9]
CoF's go out yet??

Stephen
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll send them out today... very simple this month.

Dirk
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I will be missing yet *another* FDCC shoot tomorrow, still trying to make it to my first.  With a 10 year old and one turning 1 next month, it's hard for me to even make to Gateway more than 1 or 2 times a month, to be honest.  Seems that weekend times are always either booked for a family affair, or some plague knocks out a number of two and the healthy ones are needed around to nurse the rest back to health.

I *really really* want to make it out for next month, though.  The webpage says "at least two mags, and at least 100 rds"... Is that enough in your guys experience or should I bring more.  How much handgunning is there, usually?  How many mags & how much handgun ammo do you guys bring?

Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:30:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Unless you get real trigger happy, 100 rounds and mags are plenty. More is awlays a safe thing to have, but not necessary. Not a lot of handgunning, however, we do incorporate them sometimes. If you have a malfunction with your rifle though, you can use your handgun to finish a course, so its always a good thing to have on you. Other than that, however much ammo you want to burn through on your own is all you'll need.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I didnt get any real action pics this time, but, did take a pic of the winner.
An official first for FDCC, our first ever Female winner. I give you Wendy. She was absolutley SMOKIN today. CONGRATS Wendy!!

Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Wendy,

Oustanding!    

Dirk
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Wendy:

I bow down to your shooting prowess.

It was an honor to beaten by you.  I'll take 2nd place over all those scallywags any day.  

Now to take care of that evil Sam fellow who keeps on winning the shootoff.   Hmmmm...

-White Horse
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#16]
White_horse,

I can't help but look back on our shootoff and chuckle to myself. I almost fell over laughing when you looked over at me and said something along the lines of "don't let that mag creep into that magwell Sam!"

You also most broke my concentration.

Dirk

Link Posted: 7/27/2003 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
White_horse,

I can't help but look back on our shootoff and chuckle to myself. I almost fell over laughing when you looked over at me and said something along the lines of "don't let that mag creep into that magwell Sam!"

Dirk

Dont mind me......just taking notes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
White_horse,

Dirk

As I remember, I growled "Get outta that magwell!" under my breath.  There wasn't enough time for all of the above.  

Still tho', the way you jumped was worth it.  Almost makes me think you might have been doing something wrong.  Anything on your mind?  

-White Horse

p.s.  Please, call me White Horse.  The underscore was just 'cuz my handle wouldn't take a space.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By White Horse:
Still tho', the way you jumped was worth it. Almost makes me think you might have been doing something wrong. Anything on your mind?

Just trying to get an edge up on you young fellers...

Dirk
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Dont mind me......just taking notes.

Dirk

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:40:08 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll have to try and rally some of the SFDCC boys and see if we can make it up there to ya'lls 3rd anniversary bash.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'll have to try and rally some of the SFDCC boys and see if we can make it up there to ya'lls 3rd anniversary bash.

Come on up, it would be great to meet you guys, plus there are some great prizes to be raffled and everyone who shoots is bound to get something.

Dirk
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Neil,

How about those pictures...  

Also, have we got permission to post the raffle and FDCC Anniversary details?

Sam
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#24]
When I talked to him earlier, he said something about "bump you guys" and that he'd found some new folks to hang with. Dont know what that's all about.

Edited to add: It must be true. He hasnt even posted since 7/27/2003 11:42:31.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Must be either work or a women... what else could it be?

Dirk
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#26]
OK, OK Im back!!! Yeah, I have had a very, VERY bust Sunday, Monday, Tuesday! Now that its Wednesday, I am back to my normal almost no time scheduel instead of the absolutely no time scheduel I had the last few days. Was it work, or was it a woman? Well, you might say it was both. Nothing to get excited about though... Im still absolutely single Pics are coming up in a few minutes... Sit tight, there's a TON!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#27]
OK, social pics first. Some nice ones of all us whackos hanging out. I have to tell any of you who haven’t been before. FDCC shoots are MUCH more hang out time than shooting time. We only have access to one range and only one shooter can go at a time. This means there are long waits between your turn. We can only apologize about the long waits and do as much as we can to speed things along. But so many more people are coming out every month, there’s not much we can really do to avoid it. That is… except attract a lot of laid back and funny people to meet and shoot the breeze with. Here’s a few of them…

Mr Andrews is a new guy and a ton of fun if you can get him to talk!

Those Airsoft guns look pretty real don’t they

I wish this idiot would just quit coming, what a friggin jerk

Hawkeye and me shootin the breeze

Paul is timing folks, Bryan is getting ready to shoot. Good to see Bryan back this month!

OK, Im not from FL, but can someone who is tell me why in the heck these dragonflies are always sitting on the end of barrels?

Fulda picked the thing up and put it on his hand. These things are fearless!

That dang dragonfly is back on the end of another barrel!!!

Paul is ready to shoot!

AR vs AK!!!!

Fulda says “This thing is BEAST… but which end goes in first?”

Hawkeye and Tony discussing the course… Tony is another ACOG lover!

Thanks to the OnPoint Firearms guys for coming out!

While most shooters are using AR’s and a larger majority of ARs are topped with ACOGs, HK’s seem to be the sidearm of choice for FDCC folks!

Me and Mr Andrews

Me and Fulda

The FDCC welcoming committee!

Fulda and Matt

Fulda and Chris

Nate and Chris scoring the targets

Fulda and Bryan scoring targets

This was a cool picture if the digi cam didn’t take so long to snap the shot. By the time it went off, he was done shooting!

Here is why you shouldn’t skimp on ammo when you are out there shooting. A Winchester value pack round that I got on sale. It failed to fire and caused me a malfunction…

OK, now for the shooting pics!!!

Chuck;s up and ready to go!

Be on the lookout for DeWalt’s new nail gun… it looks suspiciously like an AR15. Here I am doing some product evaluation!!! Haha!

Bryan gets out there after a couple months of missing shoots. Great to have him back!

Norm at the ready

Andy gets ready for the “beep”

Who can name the gun?

Nate squats!

The GA guys are back!

Be sure to come back next month Charles!

Hi_Power shooter gives CQB a shot!

Burney with the Airsoft!

Those darn AK guys!

Matt, aka Target Hoser, cleaning up

Great picture of absolutely nothing… I suck at taking pictures sometimes

AK Chase!

Joey shoots the M1 Carbine and dons the Magnum PI cammo

Stephan busts out an AK this month too!

Yeah, ok, here she is… Wendy cleaning house!

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#28]
PICS part II

We have a Mini 14 guy back!

And ANOTRHER M1 Carbine shooter!

Nice shirt man!

Lemme at ‘em! Lemme at ‘em!

Mr Andrews runs to position 1

And shoots with his brand spankin new rifle!

Go Tony go!

Evan from OnPoint

Erik from Onpoint

Samantha_Pitt!

And Daddy Dirk_Pitt

Chuck shoots course 2

Hawkeye shoots!

Some idiot

And his idiot twin brother

There’s that crazy gun again… what is it?

Nate with his new Vltor stock and Dieter sling

Mr Aisoft himself

First time FDCC shooter. Come back next month!

And another!

Magnum PI, oh, no, wait… that’s just Joey!

Fulda shoots the lightweight!

Got any tattoo’s?

Tony’s up!

Erik from Onpoint again

Erik!

Jerk

The sun was pretty bright at times

Let the shoot-out begin!!!

F/A Airsoft into a puddle!

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:38:17 AM EDT
[#29]
nice bunch of red x's, can anyone else see these?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:42:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Red x's here too.  Looks like the host server is down.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM IMAGESTATION

Sony ImageStation is currently unavailable for use. The site downtime is only temporary and is part of our ongoing efforts to improve the ImageStation service for your better enjoyment.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you for your continued support,

The ImageStation Team

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:12:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Doesn't linking from image station just bring up a bunch of bullshit banner images stating that you can't directly link to images on the site, blah blah, anyway?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:22:14 AM EDT
[#32]
They were visiblelast night when I posted them. I've sucessfully been using image station to post pics here for more than a year. I presume this is just a temporary problem. Please come back later, and see if they're up, you'll be glad you did. I sure hope they come up, do you have any idea how long it takes to put a post like that together. I was doing these pics for 3 hours before I was finished!!! Yikes!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:32:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Pics work now, at least for me.

Ya'll are makin me miss that Lake City range. Everyime ya'll post an FDCC shoot it makes me want to move back up that way.

Hopefully I'll drag some of these South Florida pogues up there for the August shoot, but I am planning on being there myself no matter what.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Yup, pics are up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:00:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks again for the good time! I had a blast even though I engaged in the wrong targets and killed hostages! have
Thanks again,

Erik @ On Point
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:19:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Erik, glad you and Evan could make it up. Was great meeting you guys. Look forward to you getting back up here.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Nice job on the pics Neil, glad to have you back.

Dirk
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for all the hard work from the people that put on the shoot! I enjoied my self tremendously, and hope to be able to make the 3rd anniversary bash.
Neil, the pix are great. Keep it up!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By: boricua9mm
Thanks again for the good time! I had a blast even though I engaged in the wrong targets and killed hostages!  You guys really have a good hold on what you're doing! I enjoy the high-pressure scenarios! Bravo! I look forward to making the meets in the future.

Thanks again,

Erik @ On Point

Erik,

What's OnPoint's web address?

Dirk
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Glad they are up and glad to be back! Hawkeye, can you post any you have?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:40:18 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Glad they are up and glad to be back! Hawkeye, can you post any you have?

I did.

Actually, I only had like 3 or 4 and didnt know who they were of so I emailed them to you.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Duh, see, I really am an idiot. OK Hawkeye, I got em... Here they are.

PS, any of you interested, I am PROBABLY going shooting on Sunday at the Waldo range. Got my SPR back and feel the need to produce some very small groups at very long ranges
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:45:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:53:42 AM EDT
[#44]
I would like to invoke my 5th Amendment rights please.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the great time Neil and Hawkeye!  Also, thanks for making us look like goofballs in that 'thumbs up' pic!  BWahahahahaha!
Dirk:
www.onpointfirearms.com
I'll be bringing up some more CQB gear for the next shoot!  Hopefully, their new tactical thigh holsters will be ready by then (crossing fingers).
Thanks again.
VW
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
And why does it look like Hawkeye is always giving orders? LOL

[secret code on]Actually, Hawkeye is our leader. Neil just plays the role to keep those quiet yet, very observant "new guy" shooters that show up at our shoots confused.[secret code off]

M4Real out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Erik,

What's OnPoint's web address?

Dirk

Sorry for the late response,

www.onpointfirearms.com

Looks like I'd better add it to my signature line! Take care!,
B9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top