Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2003 3:50:29 AM EDT
I took a relocation to Sunrise and am in the process of trying to sell my house and move to the area. Anyone know where I could store a few guns (AR + shotgun) while I'm in transaction. I can't leave them at work, no firearms allowed. I don't want to leave them in a hotel room. Any gun store in the area that might "rent" space?
Gerry
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Sunrise.
You may consider one of the many air-conditioned storage facilities in the area.
Have you checked out Markham Park yet,
for their outdoor shooting ranges?
Seth
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#2]
You might try asking a local Law Enforcement agency.  Last time I had this problem the gun shop wanted $10 per weapon per day, screw that, tried to say it requires "extra" paperwork.

By the way, where is Sunrise?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in Davie, just off of University and I-595, just minutes from Sunrise. I would be more than happy for you to store your guns in my home unitl you are ready for them. I can also tell you about a private property outdoor range where a few of us members frequently shoot at. It's about 15 minutes from my house. If you are interested, shoot me an IM. Seriously and sincerely JasonR.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Seth I have been to Markham park. Nice facility. I left two guns clubs that ran side by side. One had 2 pistol ranges, 2 100 ranges, 3 skeet fields, 1 trap field and a 50 ft indoor pistol range. The other club has a covered 200 yd  range and shooting positions at 200, 300, 500, 600, 800, 900 and 1,000 yards. For all but the 600 yard out I had dawn to dusk access for a total of $70 per year. The indoor range was 24 X 7.
BUT Florida has better gun laws and the absence of the Clintons.
Gerry
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Welcome to Sunrise.
You may consider one of the many air-conditioned storage facilities in the area.
Seth

I took your advice and found a place that will take a safe. The guy is a shooter. When I asked him about guns he said not problem. Facility is locked 6PM - 9AM with security. Safe will be inside a locked room. No visibility into room. Access is from inside only.  $92 a month second month free. Got to get the safe ASAP.
Gerry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top