Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2011 3:24:14 PM EDT
kicking around an HK93 clone and not wanting to go the Century route. Saw these on Atlantic Firearms website. These rifles any good? Any serious issues to know about?
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine has been flawless through 500 rounds of wolf using the plastic MKE mags.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
what are the mke mags? trying to find some cheaper mags for the 33 and preferably less than 40 rounders.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is yours recently made or is it an older one?  I would like to know about recent production - i.e. have they fallen off?

I was checking in to these and it appears the current V93 production is using an HK 1:12 twist barrel. I would prefer a 1:9 or faster US made.

Also guys on hkpro are reporting that collapsible stocks don't fit correctly (when collapsed they interfere w/ receiver).

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
$22 for the MKE mags here

I have one but have not shot it yet but locks up fine in my V93 but is going to require some tweaking to make it work in my C93
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I know the old ones are outstanding but I cant speak of the current line up. If memory serves the originals were built on Malaysian kits and they were great. Beg, borrow or steal to get a slim hand guard, it will make the rifle, the regular ones are bulky . Good mags are easier to find and less expensive than they used to be...

Here is mine

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice photography!
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is yours recently made or is it an older one?  I would like to know about recent production - i.e. have they fallen off?

I was checking in to these and it appears the current V93 production is using an HK 1:12 twist barrel. I would prefer a 1:9 or faster US made.

Also guys on hkpro are reporting that collapsible stocks don't fit correctly (when collapsed they interfere w/ receiver).

I purchased mine from Vector late last year and it was absolutely beautiful and has ran perfect.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
$22 for the MKE mags here

I have one but have not shot it yet but locks up fine in my V93 but is going to require some tweaking to make it work in my C93

sweet. sorry if i hijacked a little. but thats not a bad price. im gunna have to pic some up and try um.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 6:00:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Spend a little extra and get a Vector before you go out and pick up a C-93.

fit, finish, and function have been top-notch with mine. The only issue I've had is due to a lot of seriously overpressured Federal / LC XM-193. Gun really likes Radway 62gr.

A3 retractable stocks fit/function just fine on mine

I completely agree with the poster above about the slimline fore end.......gives an almost completely different feel to the rifle, and looks great as well......only downside is that they are few and far between.....and can be pretty pricey when they do turn up

mine.......
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]
If it says Vector on the side, it's a POS. Run Away.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I love fact filled responses, they ooze with credibility.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, he sounds pretty credible to me

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:54:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My experience. OK, I got a brand new Vector V-53 SBR. Nicely built gun, good finish. Shoots WAY off target at 25 yards. Doesn't even hit the paper. Contacted Vector. Sent it back. Crappy customer service and attitude even though it was still under warranty. They kept it for three weeks and sent it back with a note saying that the "cocking tube" was out of alignment and they had to "tweak" it. What they did was took a wrench to it and bent the cocking tube and the front sling ring. Took it to the range, no change at all. Called Vector back and they would not return my phone calls.

Back in the day when they were selling UZI's they had the reputation of being the best in the country. They lost a LOT of business after their legal problems and should have never went into the HK clone game. Improve their customer service and warranty repairs and maybe things will get better for them. I sunk $1500.00 and tax stamp fees into a rifle that can't hit the target at 25 yards.

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:58:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:15:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We have been offering the Vector line for over 12 years and not really ran into  crappy customer service for our customers as a matter of fact we have seen them actaully switch out a bad gun for a customer a year after the purchase because of issues. Out of all of the firms we sell for they have been one of the best on warranty issues and quick turn around times maybe your experience was just a fluke ?

Maybe it's cause you sell their product as a dealer and they can't afford to screw you around like they did me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 7:04:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have been offering the Vector line for over 12 years and not really ran into  crappy customer service for our customers as a matter of fact we have seen them actaully switch out a bad gun for a customer a year after the purchase because of issues. Out of all of the firms we sell for they have been one of the best on warranty issues and quick turn around times maybe your experience was just a fluke ?

Maybe it's cause you sell their product as a dealer and they can't afford to screw you around like they did me.

I guess we figured out why they stopped returning your calls.

I own several Vector guns and have had great customer service (other than when Nina was employed answering their phones). In fact, when I ordered some spare Uzi barrels the sent me a few shirts and a couple of magazines. Last month I called to ask about a reliability issue with a non Vector top (has a rail welded to it) for my Mini. They spent several minutes of phone time explaining how to fix my problem and offered to fit it if I wanted to mail it to them. Once again it was an aftermarket top, not a Vector product.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I love my V93.

Accurate, reliable, and smooth.

I'm the second owner.  The first owner traded it to me for a CMP Garand.  He said he couldn't hit anything with it.  I found out why...he had never adjusted the sights.

Anyway, one sight tool later and I was actually using the rifle in military style rifle steel plate competitions at 200 & 300 yds.

It's never given me the first bit of trouble, and fit and finish are stellar, unlike the Century C93's I've seen.

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we figured out why they stopped returning your calls.

I own several Vector guns and have had great customer service (other than when Nina was employed answering their phones). In fact, when I ordered some spare Uzi barrels the sent me a few shirts and a couple of magazines. Last month I called to ask about a reliability issue with a non Vector top (has a rail welded to it) for my Mini. They spent several minutes of phone time explaining how to fix my problem and offered to fit it if I wanted to mail it to them. Once again it was an aftermarket top, not a Vector product.

If they want to have the reputation of a good company again, maybe they should build their products properly and provide good customer service. From the comments above, it sounds like Atlantic Firearms has sent their fair share back because of problems. Looks like they take care of their dealers. I had an UZI that I sent to them back in the day and they were great. Not anymore.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Well one thing is for sure is that you could buy one from Atlantic with confidence. If by chance there was an issue youre going to have them seeing to it that it gets resolved.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Off topic but that slim hand guard looks great on that rifle, but does it get hot really fast I know the slimline mil surp one I had on my ptr91 did.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Ive had hit and miss with Vector.  I have a V51 and a Vector MP5K.  I have had to send the MP5K back in to have the 3 lug redone, it has come back, and it still was out of spec.  I sent theman email as well as called them about it 3 months ago, and still havent heard back from them.

The V51 runs great no probs

I had to pay to send it back the first time, which I think I shouldnt have to do, as they sold me a bad gun, but whatever...

I think the old Vector was probably a lot better on the CS side of things then it is now
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a Vector V93 a few years ago.  Looked great, functioned fine except it was at least 12" to the right with the sights maxed out at 50 yds.  I sold it to someone that wanted to put a scope on it.  Won't buy another one without shooting it first.   Their AK's are great (well the current production is not the best).
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:41:44 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm the guy that Atlantic is referring to who sent a gun back to Vector after over a year of ownership. Vector did replace the gun in question in a timely fashion,  but the new gun had problems similar to the first one. Not as extreme but the issues were still there. I sold the thing w/o ever shooting it and took a major loss.

I'm willing to bet that 7 out of 10 Vector 53/93 guns will have the same faults as the two I owned. The most glaring is the crooked barrel/trunnion/cocking tube issue. Remove the handguard & stock and lay the gun over on it's side. Now look down the length of the gun using the receiver rail as a straight line reference point and tell me if your barrel is in line with it. I've handled five V53's with crooked barrels. One of these 53's has been back to Vector and still won't run, the others all function but have required some "break in" time.

The sad thing about the 53/93 guns is that many were built on the excellent MKE receivers but they did not undergo the final rail squaring stamping. So these all have round rails and the stocks can be a tight fit. I could not attach an A3 stock on my guns, whereas it fit no problem on other Vector guns.

I have a friend with a V93 that is straight and shoots very well - hasn't missed a beat even in FA - so if you look closely you'll find a good one. Another buddy owns a Vector 94/MP5 clone and it runs great - both semi & FA - with or without a suppressor. The Vector 51's have been great also.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Firecop203, I know of a few others that delt with the same problem but on the v93 series. The cocking tube was welded canted really bad to the right, and instead of fixing it they went ahead and installed the front site. Well guess what happens when you install the

front sight when the cocking tube is way off center? The front site has to be installed canted or off center also in order to center up with the cocking tube. I've also saw one new with the inside receiver and internals heavily rusted including the trunion. There are good

rifles, but it's very hit and miss thats for sure and is not the company it used to be.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I have one and love it, runs like a top!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Firecop203, I know of a few others that delt with the same problem but on the v93 series. The cocking tube was welded canted really bad to the right, and instead of fixing it they went ahead and installed the front site. Well guess what happens when you install the

front sight when the cocking tube is way off center? The front site has to be installed canted or off center also in order to center up with the cocking tube. I've also saw one new with the inside receiver and internals heavily rusted including the trunion. There are good

rifles, but it's very hit and miss thats for sure and is not the company it used to be.

Canted cocking tubes have nothing to do with the sites. The sight post is mounted on the barrel and as long as the barrel and sight tower are straight your fine. The gun could be run without a cocking tube if you could get the bolt open. The cocking tube is always free floating

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Canted cocking tubes have nothing to do with the sites. The sight post is mounted on the barrel and as long as the barrel and sight tower are straight your fine. The gun could be run without a cocking tube if you could get the bolt open. The cocking tube is always free floating

The cocking tube centers into the triple frame while not touching, on the vetor I saw the sight was canted and the tube was also being perfectly centered. The point your missing is that the triple frame was put on canted to somewhat hide the crooked cocking tube. Pretty common knowledge that the triple frame is mounted to the barrel
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:19:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Please forgive my ignorance but is there any play between the reciever and trigger group/grip assembly?
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Mine is an early '06 model that runs, and shoots fine.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I've had an HK93, a Vector V93, and a Century C93. Of the three, the Vector was the best. Having said that, the HK was about twenty previous users used, and looked it, which was it's only problem.
My Vector had ZERO problems, and was an accurate, reliable weapon. For some stupid reason, I sold it and bought the Century, thinking it'd be as good, and I could pocket the difference. Blond moment.
I eventually got the C93 to work great, and decided to sell it and mark time until I could buy another Vector.
I have never dealt with the company from a customer service standing, but based on the quality and functionality of my first V93, I would give them another shot.

Of course, I've had two great Todd Bailey 94's too, and would buy another from him as well, so maybe I'm either a glutton for punishment, or the luckiest gambler this side of Vegas.
YMMV.

What it really comes down to, is spending THOUSANDS for an HK if you can find one, spending $500 for a Century parts kit that some monkey may have assembled more or less correctly, or coughing up a grand and getting a Vector. I wouldn't spend more than $1500 for a clone by anybody else, as I don't think the design is that good compared to other 5.56 rifles out there, so the Gillie Bears et al aren't going to be getting my business, whether they do a fine job or not, I am not in their price demographic. Likewise spending four or five thousand for an HK. Forget it. It's not worth it. I think the Vector is at the proper price point per value, and I'd buy another. Maybe if I lived in a free state, and had a registered sear pack I'd consider one of the more expensive guns, but I don't.

Oh, and here's another vote for trying to find a slimline handguard. They make all the difference in the world. Last I checked they were going for upward of $250 if you could find 'em.
Buy the Vector. Some guy on the internet told you to.
Link Posted: 11/30/2011 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a V93 that has run flawlessly. It is accurate and right on target.

I just purchased a V53 pistol that I plan to SBR. I hope it runs as well as the rifle, but I haven't received it yet.

Range report to follow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top