Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2008 9:53:18 PM EDT
Does anyone have any pics of them do this themselves?  Or a way of doing this so that a guy doesnt ruin the 3 lug barrel?

Link Posted: 3/20/2008 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#1]
You should be able to find a weld spot o the F/H drill that out then pull the pin out. You may have to take a punch and drive the F/H off. The F/H is aluminum so it shouldn't hurt the 3 lug. 5 min job at best.  After the 30 day wait for the paperwork.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Heard someone mention that you could also take a small torch and heat up the fake suppressor - the aluminum will expand at a faster rate than the steel barrel - supposed to come off a little easier that way.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I went through this a month or so ago.  Not only was my barrell pinned (that took about 5 mins to remove) the fake suppressor was pressed on.  I mean really, REALLY pressed on.  Taking a torch to it didn't help.  I ended up having to perform dremmel surgery.  The entire process took about 3.5 hours.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I went through this a month or so ago.  Not only was my barrell pinned (that took about 5 mins to remove) the fake suppressor was pressed on.  I mean really, REALLY pressed on.  Taking a torch to it didn't help.  I ended up having to perform dremmel surgery.  The entire process took about 3.5 hours.  

Same here.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet, metal surgery... I cant wait for my tax stamp to come back now I love
cuttin up metal.
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Heard someone mention that you could also take a small torch and heat up the fake suppressor - the aluminum will expand at a faster rate than the steel barrel - supposed to come off a little easier that way.  

DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE IT WITHOUT A TORCH!

I learned the hard way.
I'll search around and see if I can find my instructions.

Edit: My range report for the CA94 seems to have disappeared from the archive, for some reason...
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
From HKPro......reportedly from Vector to an end user....

"Removing the fake suppressor can be tricky. It is pressed on and then pinned. You can find the pin by looking around the back of the suppressor and finding the spot where we welded. It will be a bump. You then file or grind the bump off until you can see the outside profile of the 1/8" pin. The suppressor is aluminum and the pin is steel. When you see the pin, tap the opposite side of the suppressor and try to make the pin fall out. If is doesn't, you might have to drill down the side of the pin until you can get ahold of it or dig it out. It is anchored into one of the trilugs. That is the easy part. Because the suppressor is pressed on, usually it will not come off by just pulling on it. You will have to come out in front of the front sight tower about 1 3/4" and cut the suppressor off. This should miss the barrel. Then you will have to see where the trilugs are and aren't so you can split the suppressor piece down between two of the lugs. From what I have seen, people use a dremmel tools with a little cut off wheel on it. Be observant here because you down want to cut into the barrel. There is 1/8" space between the suppressor and the barrel so you can miss the barrel when cutting as long as you are between the lugs. If you cut all the way through the suppressor piece, you can insert a flat-blade screwdriver and pry it open a little and the piece should slide off"
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Well here is what I did I cut the fake suppressor about 2 inches from the barrel and then removed the pin by gring down the weld and then around it and pulled it out with a pliers.  After that I used a dremel tool to cut a grove in between the lugs and not all the way through. I used a cold chisel to split the suppressor past the barrel that should crack it all the way up and loosen it so you pull it off.

My buddy is coming over later and I will take pics as we go through the process with his.
Link Posted: 3/24/2008 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I did it to my Bobcat and it was a bitch. I used a dremel to cut off the end, then split the tube, Then had to dremmel out the pin and pull it out with pliers. Even then, It was pressed on so hard I had to pry the Fake Suppressor to knock it loose. I love that little bastard though and it was worth it.

Link Posted: 3/24/2008 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Thats exactly what I did!
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Those pics make me want to buy one of these rifles so bad...

I'm sitting here looking around my room trying to figure out what to put on ebay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top