Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 5:30:04 AM EDT
This is just a thought and it's been on my mind for a while now but just go over to HK54.com and read his latest jab at ORF about the total length on one of their AK builds and especially read the part about contacting the BATFE. Putting 2 and 2 together, do you think in his twisted attempt to get revenge or whatever it is on ORF and others, that he's actually the one responsible for the BATFE barrel ban? I mean he's the only one that constantly brings the issue up about other manufacturers using imported barrels right there on his forum and so I'm thinking in his attempt to screw over the other manufacturers, all he really did is screw us up. I sincerely hope that he didn't do something as stupid as that but it is something to think about.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Todd can only dream he's that influential.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah but being persistant about it would certainly raise a few eyebrows don't you think?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:45:04 AM EDT
[#3]
nope
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This is just a thought and it's been on my mind for a while now but just go over to HK54.com and read his latest jab at ORF about the total length on one of their AK builds and especially read the part about contacting the BATFE. Putting 2 and 2 together, do you think in his twisted attempt to get revenge or whatever it is on ORF and others, that he's actually the one responsible for the BATFE barrel ban? I mean he's the only one that constantly brings the issue up about other manufacturers using imported barrels right there on his forum and so I'm thinking in his attempt to screw over the other manufacturers, all he really did is screw us up. I sincerely hope that he didn't do something as stupid as that but it is something to think about.

WTF did ORF do to Little todd bailey?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

competition....

And ORF are building a better product
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

competition....

And ORF are building a better product

And they were using SW receivers.  SW stopped supplying ORF, and now they feud...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
EFC : Damn Bailey, why can't you just take your medication and contribute to the community instead of taking it away  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know the whole story between this Todd Bailey guy and the people over at Ohio Rapid Fire.  I haven't done businness with either.

But from reading a few of Bailey's posts about ORF, I can definitly say I won't be buying ANYTHING from him.

Newsflash for Bailey:  Your ranting and raving in your forums do NOTHING to leave a good impression of you to prosepective customers.  I know you want to preach to the choir of your fanboys, bash the competition, and make yourself feel better.  But prospective customers ALSO read your rantings, and you do not come across as someone one wants to do business with.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:17:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Todd Bailey has some severe mental problems in my opinion.
The guy is a freakin' psycho when it comes to talking trash about ORF.
I dont know what his axe to grid is with ORF, but im sure its all fantasy on his part.

I have personally taked people out of his products that wanted me to do transfers for them.
Once they learned of his psychopathic exploits, and they read some of his insanity that he disguises
as "HK54", they thought better of giving this maniac their hard earned money for his junk.

Had a friend who bought one though.  Took them over a year to get the fix right
so the gun would function properly. When he got it, it fired 3 rounds before it broke!!
Then add over a year to figure out the fix for them (he wasnt the only one) and then he's got the balls to charge another $150 to make the gun right. This after shelling out between $800-900 for the
POS initially.

Put simply, If every gun in the world were outlawed, except for those built by this idiot...
I'd find another hobby to spend my money on...

Bailey, Do the gun industry a favor and STFU...

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Todd Bailey has a horrendous personality.  I will give him credit for his conversion kits as they are popular and I have 2 of them.  

However, the G36 kit mad to be modified to function properly. Welding up and modification to the mag well, fixing the bolt hold open, etc.

The USC kit works fine, however a better job could have been done cosmetically to the magwell.

I just wish he would stop wasting time bashing people and just make his products better.  It's a shame a guy like that has to bash everyone.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#12]
It's not just the crap that he tries to sell that but it's his constant rants and threats. And to think this guy hasn't contacted the BATFE on certain matters concerning other manufacturers is being ignorant. He's out to put anyone he considers a threat out out of business but never seems to look at his own "mistakes". For example: Maybe I should have contacted the BATFE on him when I first got my SW-52 and the AWB was still in effect as that rifle had to use MODIFIED AK mags until the "X" upgrade which allowed it to take standard mags. Back then that was illegal but I nor anyone else did or threated to call the BATFE on him, but it could've easily been done. He doesn't see it that way though but then again as he makes it out to be, he believes his cutomers should be thankfull that he even sells a spring to them.

As for me, having to go through the SW-52 ordeal with all the crap and especially having to pay even more to get it to work right, and after reading all his posts on HK54.com all I can is that I will not be buying anymore SW rifles or conversions ever again. I don't support hypocrites or loudmouths that constantly spew accusations and threats and I think he brings down the entire gun community as a whole. For those that do buy from him, they should really sit down and think to themselves before doing it. This guy with his rants probably did a lot more harm to us as a whole than some of us want to believe and he's going to continue to do it whether he's got a beef with ORF, POF or even H&K itself. Your money is allowing that to happen and it's going to keep on happening, realize that.

As others have said, he needs to mind his own business and STFU. HE'S NOT JUST DAMAGING OTHER MANUFACTURERS BUT SCREWING US OVER AS WELL.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#13]

No,

Serioulsy now,....

How DO you guys feel about him / it / this situation????

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:50:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The move to stop approval of Form 6's for barrels and receivers came from much, much higher up on the food chain than Bailey would have had any influence over, and it was started much earlier this year than people think.

Just remember, GWB cares about gun owners. He really appreciates how they won the election for him.

I'd also like to throw out a big "FUCK YOU" to the ghost of LBJ. You're the one who started this bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The move to stop approval of Form 6's for barrels and receivers came from much, much higher up on the food chain than Bailey would have had any influence over, and it was started much earlier this year than people think.

Just remember, GWB cares about gun owners. He really appreciates how they won the election for him.

I'd also like to throw out a big "FUCK YOU" to the ghost of LBJ. You're the one who started this bullshit.

You won't have to worry too much about any Republican if the way things are stay the same. The gas issue alone will get them voted out of office much less the Iraqi situation.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You won't have to worry too much about any Republican if the way things are stay the same. The gas issue alone will get them voted out of office much less the Iraqi situation.

+1.  Better stock up on range ammo and kits while prices are still resonably affordable.  Once the wicked witch of the East (formerly Arkansas) gets that office she wants it will be one big shit sandwich for gun hobbiest and people that still believe in the 2nd amendment.   If our tools aren't banned they will be more heavily taxed and regulated.   Enjoy your freedom now, we have about 4 more years until new executive orders are issued banning those evil black tools.   It's for your safety.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That's all I'm going to say ....... I'm putting my tinfoil back on now.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Funny%20stuff/Tinfoil.jpg

Please, tell us more....

LB
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:35:47 AM EDT
[#20]
It is kind of like the AWB it will never get rid of the stuff and only punishes the law abiding citizens. These things will be around for decades to come.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
This basically is an attempt to kill the lifespan of many of these weapons and to make it as expensive as possible to continue building them.

I don't think I could afford to buy enough ammo to kill my AK in my lifetime...  Anyone want to venture a guess as to the average AK barrel life?

Oh, Toad would only hope he could be influential enough to get something like this passed...

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#23]
That explains why the psl/fpk were dried up sorta speak and tide up in customs for quite awhile and was told recently the military recievers could not be used/imported,think either romainans made the rec there and shipped or receivers were made here to assemble the psl/fpk. Seem like it was mader here. They all are assembled. I/O was the only ones supposedly complete rifle and would explain why they been out of stoxk for 5 months or longer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I am trying to recall which thread I saw the ATF's records of all gun manufacturers and the number of weapons they manufactured that year (2003).  Notably absent from the lists was Special Weapons.  Looks like someone has not been paying their excise taxes.  What goes around comes around.

Found the link to the ATF stats but not the other info on Special Weapons and Bobcat Weapons.  You need Adobe Acrobat to view it.  Look under rifles manufactured.  All the big and little players are there except for....

www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/stats/afmer/afmer2003.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top