Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2003 6:23:30 PM EDT
Post any questions you want me to ask lou about the recievers on friday
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#1]
  • When are the markings going to be changed to more of a "milspec" style?
  • How about a group buy and accompanying discount?
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Please take a pic of the under side of the receiver as well. I would like to see all angles, not just the top and sides. The area underneath the heel and the bridge are of great interest. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Since there seems to be some questions on "Mil-Spec" of the receiver pictured whose blueprints are they using and what is the Rockwell hardness? What type of tests have they done? Have they used an outside lab? Who?
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Is he planning on making any with front and rear beding blocks, and will  the blocks be threaded for mounting screws?

I'm plainning on building up a M-25 for a lot less than the $4100 that Springfield want for their rifle.

Link Posted: 3/21/2003 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Does it come in any other colors?
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been waffling on agreeing or not that the manufacture of orgin for LRB's raw, forged stock is Norinco. Today, it seems that the time to stop is now and on the side that it is Norinco's. Two reasons: first is that they are rusty as all heck (including MKS phase II), and second, the obvious disconnector lug. US manufacturers never do this for fear of machine-gun status.

I don't think you will get a straight answer out of the guy. If anything, he will give you an importer name to dodge the bullet. Too bad, because there is nothing wrong with Norinco's forgings.

The other clue is that LRB doesn't claim 100% made in the USA as they do for the AR15 lower. They only claim "American made".
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, any more info? Pics?
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, any more info? Pics?

Friday didnt turn out as expected.  my clothes dryer broke and i was repairing that.  they open monday and i will be there
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Still waiting. If you did talk to them, when did he say they will be available.
Link Posted: 3/29/2003 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Did I miss something? Was there a response to these questions elsewhere? What about the pics? If your not going to follow through with this, you should delete it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Did I miss something? Was there a response to these questions elsewhere? What about the pics? If your not going to follow through with this, you should delete it.

Oberg,
No need to have an attitude.  I went by there Monday and some guy was working there who had no clue abotu anything.  He couldnt even fill out a yellow form which makes me wonder why the shop was even open.  Monday night I had a death in the family which has kept me preoccupied until today.  Im sorry I couldnt meet YOUR timeline but I think a funeral of a family member and being with my family during rough times superceeds asking a few questions for YOUR benefit.  If you were so damn anxious why didnt you take the time to make the phonecall or shoot him an email?  The other thread has his website listed where the contact info is.
IF you would like to tell me how to run this post please do so when the word STAFF is under your name, until then feel free to shutup.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Hoplite, I think you are way off base on this one, I think you assumed there was attitude where there was only questions.

Sorry to hear of your recent death in the family and I figure your reply was heavily colored by that.

We have no way to know what is going on until you tell us. I also was anxious for the info.

Thanks for letting us know what has happened and take the time you need. If you can't or don't want to get the info let us know and we will make arrangements.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Really bad day, eh? So that everyone knows Lou at LRB doesn't have a firearms manufacturers license. That is why the manufacturer stamped on the receiver is JV Precision. LRB, in the eyes of the BATF, is a seller.

Therefore, if you visit LRB with technical questions regarding the manufacture of the receiver, who's ever there (besides Lou) may not be able to answer the question.
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 6:44:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I tried to get in touch with LOU today but he apparently is at KNOB Creek shooting machineguns and no one is in the shop
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Why don't you go to JV Precision? They are the manufacturers of the receivers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top