Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2011 7:53:34 AM EDT
What's the go to brake for a and?  I like the surefire 556 for my long guns.  Noveske can?
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 5:15:25 AM EDT
[#1]
well personally yes the noveske flaming pig is the best looking, but there are a ton out there. I say find the one that looks the best to you and go rock and roll with it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#2]
For me I run an AAC can, so I run a black out on pretty much everything. I had a pig, it was a nice option, but kind of heavy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 7:46:24 AM EDT
[#3]
How long is the barrel on said SBR?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#4]
How long is the barrel on said SBR?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
BattleComp
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For me I run an AAC can, so I run a black out on pretty much everything. I had a pig, it was a nice option, but kind of heavy.

Same here.
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

I have a 10.5" pistol that I will be submitting the forms for to make it an SBR.  I am thinking I will be going with an AAC SD-6 or an M42K in the future.  Should I go with the Blackout or the Breakout in the interim?  I am leaning towards the Breakout right now as the flash and noise do not bother me.

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

I have a 10.5" pistol that I will be submitting the forms for to make it an SBR.  I am thinking I will be going with an AAC SD-6 or an M42K in the future.  Should I go with the Blackout or the Breakout in the interim?  I am leaning towards the Breakout right now as the flash and noise do not bother me.

At least use the Breakout and consider the regular muzzle brake. On a short barrel, the muzzle brake will act as a sacrificial blast baffle to protect the baffle in your can. If you're going with a .30 cal can, it will be a different muzzle device and the baffle erosion won't be as big of an issue.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm looking for a change on two of mine, they currently have A2's on them. One is a 7'5", the other is 11" I don't think the A2 does much of anything. I'm leaning towards something agressive looking if nothing else right now. Other than going to a can is there something that will make much of a difference with the noise?
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 5:25:00 AM EDT
[#10]
oop's, DT.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a change on two of mine, they currently have A2's on them. One is a 7'5", the other is 11" I don't think the A2 does much of anything. I'm leaning towards something agressive looking if nothing else right now. Other than going to a can is there something that will make much of a difference with the noise?

According to my understanding, if it actually reduces noise, it becomes a suppressor.  

However, there are products like the Levang Linear Compensator or Noveske KX3 that direct the noise away from you, so you perceive less of it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Seconds on the Levang.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I just run the birdcage on our SBRs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I use A2 and A1 unsuppressed and KAC M4QD with my NT4.

Rob

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I think I'm going with a Troy Claymore on mine.  Looks like it's the same idea as the KX3 and Levang but smaller and more aggressive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top