Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2013 3:33:11 PM EDT
I have looked everywhere and found a few threads with no answers. What size dovetail / dovetail cutter is on the glock for rearsight? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#1]
They are different for the different sized frames. They are also beveled with the center a smaller size than the outside. sights are not a hammer in to make fit. Most need to be filed to make a perfect fit.

I just put some Trijicons on a glock. You-tube helped a lot.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
The rear sight dovetail is the same across all Glock models.  The rear sight height is some what model specific.  I have been looking for the Glock factory spec and have not found any thing.  I know one of the major manufacturers of third party Glock slides and he was purposefully unclear when I asked him rear sight dovetail cutter.  Like it's some big secret.

I believe I have figured out.  The Glock dovetail is essentially a .250" x 74° dovetail, cut ~.079" deep.  In metric that works out to 6.4mm x 74°, with a depth of 2mm.  I just cut a test dovetail in a piece of 3/4" 7075 bar stock and it is a perfect fit for a take off Warren Tactical rear sight I have.  

Tallamong is correct that Glock uses a pinched profile in the dovetails cut on their slides.  However, when cutting a dovetail to use a Glock rear sight it is not necessary to copy Glock's pinched profile.  A conventional, straight cut to fit dovetail will suffice.  And I feel is preferable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top