Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2013 7:46:44 AM EDT
I have a stock 45acp version.  If you could post pictures of the mods that would be great. I'm looking for ideas.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually one of the reasons I bought my JRC was that no mods were needed. I did change the factory buttstock to a Magpul however. Does that count?
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 6:47:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes the magpul stock counts. I know a lot of people customize there guns on here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes the magpul stock counts. I know a lot of people customize there guns on here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Mine is in 9mm and sports the following:
EOTech
Magpul Stock
Magpul foregrip
Magpul MBUIS
ladder rail colvers
Ergo Grip pistol grip
Hippie Kicker SLAP plate painted FDE (single point sling attachment)
Magpul MS2 sling in FDE (not pictured)
.22 scope rings and Surefire 6P flashlight
GLOCK brand hi-cap magazine (not the Korean made one)
SilencerCo Osprey 45

Its a fun shooting gun!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#6]
is that moe stock a mill spec or commercial, and dose anyone know what hand guards you can replace it with?
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
is that moe stock a mill spec or commercial, and dose anyone know what hand guards you can replace it with?
View Quote

The stock is a commercial size. The grip and hand guard are standard AR parts.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
will it work if the tube was changed to mill spec?
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
will it work if the tube was changed to mill spec?
View Quote

If you start messing with the tube for the stock (buffer tube) you skate on thin ice. Early on the rumor was the first JRC's had some ejection problems. That was solved. In the process the company got very protective of the set up of the buffer. In the manual they clearly state that if you change that tube it can not be more than 1/8 inch difference in internal length from the factory original. This tells me they had to do some serious tuning to get that carbine to run dependably with a wide range of ammo.  Well, guess what, that is not so rare. Listen to the 9mm AR boys belly ache about the problems they had getting their rifles to work properly. JRC wants their rifes to run correctly so they get nervous when people start throwing non-factory parts in there and then complaining the rifle doesn't function properly. I can not blame them one bit for this.

So, yes you can put a Mil-Spec tube on it....BUT....BUT....you have to make certain that the internal length is within 1/8 inch of what the factory depth was. (So they say).
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#10]
ok that makes it simple and if it plays that much with the function of it then it wont be touched. just need to know before some one else or myself included makes a mistake that could be avoided with a simple post. Reading up on them since Forever4 posted in my thread about them being the best cut to chase fire arm over 9mm AR15's. I am starting to agree.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#11]
For those with JRCs in .45acp, are you having any issues with Glock factory hi cap mags? I've read some posts that the mags have to be modded, or that Gen 2 mags work better than other gens.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#13]
My JRC in 45ACP took a lot of patience.  IT was a very early model.  I live near where they are manufactured and had a lot of visits there.  Very nice people who even offered to exchange out the carbine for whatever model I wanted.  The 9mm and 40 S&W models worked fine.  Being an engineer I could not stop without fixing the issue.  

The problem with the 45 ACP model was timing,  The carbine worked faster than the magazine could feed them after the first 7 rounds were fired.  The normal lessening of spring tension in the magazine as round were fired meant that each round loads a wee bit slower than the last one.  Several different buffer weights were used.  They finally put an extension tube in place that made it as long as a rifle tube.  Then they put a heavier buffer in place.  They still had a carbine length spring in place though.  This was better, but I still had a few stoppages with the bolt riding up over the cartridge.  This was always started when feeding round 8 out of a 10 round magazine.  Looked like a short stroke but it was not.  The Glock mags just could not keep up.  Not a problem with the magazines as they work fine in Glock products.  The issue was slowing down the carbine.  

To finally solve my issue I installed a rifle length buffer tube spring and an AR15R-XH - 11 ounce rifle buffer from Heavy Buffer.  Once I did this I shoot over 500 rounds of various types in 45ACP without any problems.  Then NY passed it's "SAFE" act and the carbine now resides out of state.   The JRC buffer will not work with a rifle length spring as it is too short and the spring bottoms out.  This would lead to premature spring failure.  

The only thing I added to my carbine was a set of Magpul sights.  Never any issues with hitting the target.  I really liked the way it handled.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I added a cheap red dot to my 9mm JR carbine. I'm working on doing the tax stamp thing to eventually SBR it. Then eventually a silencer.

So far I love the thing. My only complaint is that the buffer gets hard to pull back after 500 rounds through it without a cleaning. No malfunctions at all with factory and reloaded stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top