Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:05:01 PM EDT
I'm looking at a used Thompson carbine and if I do go with it, I'm hoping to have the barrel  WITH the muzzle break welded/pinned in place shorten down to a total length of 16.1" for a more correct look...  I'm planning on retiring back home to a Non-Class III State so going the SBR isn't an option.

I know it's only a total of 3-4 inches in difference,  but I'm hoping that it make the carbine "look" more correct like it SMG Big Brother.

Thanks for looking!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]

mine is getting sbr'ed shortly. i had the barreled shorted years ago though. there are are smiths that will shorten the barrel, but render the cutts useless.....that's not the case with mine.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 3:57:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I would trust Marvin Pitts to do it. Lots of guys in the FN and AR forum use him. He cut my SCAR barrel from 16 to 10 and did fantastic work. Here is his price list and contact info:

"Here is my current price list and shipping info

Dimple barrels I charge 150.00 for the area behind the gas block

for the area in front of the gasblock:
10-12" +25.00
12-14" +50.00
14-16" +75.00
18-20" +100.00

I will sandblast the barrel for free
parkerize is: 25.00
parkerize + KG Gun Kote: 85.00

cut-down re-thread and re-crown AR-15 barrels: 75.00
cut-down re-thread and re-crown ACR barrels: 100.00 I can also re-barrel ACR barrels please ask for a specific quote
cut-down re-thread and re-crown FN SCAR Barrel: 150.00
Permanently attach your muzzle device for a legal 16" barrel: 45.00
Disassemble and reassemble your upper: 55.00
Pin your low pro gasblock 35.00

I also can provide other custom work so please ask

Please include instructions on what work you desire to be done

I pay for shipping via USPS Priority Mail: if you want insurance or to use a other carrier please include instructions and payment with your work order
I would prefer that you ship via US mail FedX and UPS are not a good choice seeing how I live in a rural area.
for me to pick up a packages at their local hub is a 45 min drive.
if you insist on using a private carrier I will have to give you an alternate address
average turnaround is 3 weeks
I accept personal checks and money orders"

Thanks,

Marvin Pitts
11634 Hwy 103S
Berryville, AR 72616

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/17/2012 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the photos... There is a "big" difference in the "looks" department with the shorter, but legal barrel.

Brian45Auto, Nice carbine!!   How short did they cut your barrel down to?   I really like that fact that the muzzle break is a functioning one.  The only difference I'm hoping to do is use a vertical forend grip since I only plan to "kill" paper targets and steel plates with it.

BTW, how long is the Thompson muzzle break?

Again, THANKS!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#4]
The Cutts compensator on mine is about two inches
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would trust Marvin Pitts to do it. Lots of guys in the FN and AR forum use him. He cut my SCAR barrel from 16 to 10 and did fantastic work. Here is his price list and contact info:

"Here is my current price list and shipping info

Dimple barrels I charge 150.00 for the area behind the gas block

for the area in front of the gasblock:
10-12" +25.00
12-14" +50.00
14-16" +75.00
18-20" +100.00

I will sandblast the barrel for free
parkerize is: 25.00
parkerize + KG Gun Kote: 85.00

cut-down re-thread and re-crown AR-15 barrels: 75.00
cut-down re-thread and re-crown ACR barrels: 100.00 I can also re-barrel ACR barrels please ask for a specific quote
cut-down re-thread and re-crown FN SCAR Barrel: 150.00
Permanently attach your muzzle device for a legal 16" barrel: 45.00
Disassemble and reassemble your upper: 55.00
Pin your low pro gasblock 35.00

I also can provide other custom work so please ask

Please include instructions on what work you desire to be done

I pay for shipping via USPS Priority Mail: if you want insurance or to use a other carrier please include instructions and payment with your work order
I would prefer that you ship via US mail FedX and UPS are not a good choice seeing how I live in a rural area.
for me to pick up a packages at their local hub is a 45 min drive.
if you insist on using a private carrier I will have to give you an alternate address
average turnaround is 3 weeks
I accept personal checks and money orders"

Thanks,
[email protected]

I have a new shipping address and price list.
any one interested in my services should email me.

can you edit your post by removing the address
thanks
Marvin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top