Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2010 6:59:04 PM EDT
I'm looking for a 10 mm carbine and would like some comments on the quality and reliability. From the web search I did they get mixed reviews.

Feather web site
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't speak of that one. As far as 10mm carbines go you don't have that many options though. You could get one from mech tech that uses a glock 20 lower, get a mp5 style clone, by an olympic ar-15 upper in 10, etc. You might also be able to get a carbine in 40sw and have it re chambered in 10 although that could be dangerous if not done correctly.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 2:19:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Odd.  I'd thought they'd gone out of business.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 3:12:42 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have around $2000 there are 10mm Tommy guns around.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a 9mm feather carbine back when they were pretty new. They used UZI mags with a mag cut near the top.

Mine shot o.k., but seemed toyish. The rear sight was usable, but flisy and looked almost homemade.

It was alright.

I would go mech tech carbine......I want to do a 9mm mech tech, but have never seen one in person.

I built an AR with a lonewolf Glock mag lower (long shitty story) and like it. If/when they make a large glock mag lower, I will buy a 45 and get an upper. That MAY be an option for you down the road, if they decide to make one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#5]
No one else with experience owning/using a Feather carbine?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The only one I have seen in use was a 9mm jam -o- matic.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one.  It would only work reliably with hot ammo.  I guess that it would work better in 10mm.  The gun was very cheesy, but I had a set of HK sights and a rail welded to the top of it, and cut the barrel short and attached a CAR flash hider permanently.  It looked cool, but I couldn't do anything about the trigger.  If it were legal here, I would try it our again, and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had one.  It would only work reliably with hot ammo.  I guess that it would work better in 10mm.  The gun was very cheesy, but I had a set of HK sights and a rail welded to the top of it, and cut the barrel short and attached a CAR flash hider permanently.  It looked cool, but I couldn't do anything about the trigger.  If it were legal here, I would try it our again, and see how it goes.

What does that mean? Nevermind, I originally thought it said "Rail Welded"....was wondering if this was a new style of welding. Reading is hard for me sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Had chance to compare 9mm Feather, and a IMI Uzi B in 9mm.
One was a weak toy ,one was ready to be run over by tanks and still work..
1984ish test.
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#10]
The only one I've seen had that sliding stock and felt flimsy; I wasn't very impressed.  It was in a gunshop so I didn't get a chance to shoot it.  

Too bad Kel-Tec hasn't made the Sub 2000 in .45 or 10mm, I think they'd be a popular option.
Link Posted: 11/3/2010 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been happy with my mech-tech 10mm.
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 11:55:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a Feather AT-9 for a number of years, eventually traded it to a friend and then traded back for it years later.   Sadly sold it for college money

It worked with the factory magazines and an Uzi magazine I modified.  Shot nothing but cheap WWB through it and didn't have any issues.  Seemed a little on the chinsy side (compared to an Uzi or Sterling) but I loved how it broke down.   With a red-dot and a CAR stock adapter, it felt less "toyish".

Accuracy seemed okay, nothing spectacular but nothing worse.  I paid about $500 all told for it, and if I found another one, I'd snatch it up.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Olympic Arms 16" barrel 10mm carbine
The longest standing AR15 manufacturer of 10mm ARs.

And they have new 10mm magazines that are full-sized too.

Mine has an EoTech and a Magpul ACS collapsible stock and YHM free float tube too:
2K rounds, flawless

Link Posted: 4/4/2011 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#14]
I had the Feather -22 LR model, nice little plinker. Worry I had to sell it. I woul dby another if I was in a market for one.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top