Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2017 2:09:36 PM EDT
So I finally pulled the trigger and bought one.  Have never held one.  But somehow I knew this was for me.  My mind is blown.  I have boresighted for 50 yards with an Aimpoint red dot.  Pete installed the long rail, so I also put on some BUIS.  I took it apart to give it an inital clean up and my mind is blown on how easy this is to take apart and put back together  I cannot wait to take this out to the range

I will put on some pics soon.  Edited for pic.

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:20:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I got mine less than a month ago and finally got it sighted in.  It hiccuped the first 30-40 rounds but now runs like a raped ape.  Will probably get another one later this year and more mags too.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:45:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got mine less than a month ago and finally got it sighted in.  It hiccuped the first 30-40 rounds but now runs like a raped ape.  Will probably get another one later this year and more mags too.
View Quote
Weird.  I experienced the same thing. First magazine had a failure to feed or two and then perfection.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the club, Jimmy!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
So, I decided to load up one of the 42 rounders.  Just handloading them is a hellof lot easier than loading up an AR15 magazine.  I am really excited to head to the range with this baby.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, I decided to load up one of the 42 rounders.  Just handloading them is a hellof lot easier than loading up an AR15 magazine.  I am really excited to head to the range with this baby.
View Quote
Remember...no need to slap the mags in when the bolt is open...only when it's closed.  Pmags?  Do as thou whilt.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally made it to the range.  Put about 200 rounds through it.  sighted it in on the red for 50 yards.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Welcome to the club, Jimmy!
View Quote
This.

I got two right before the election.  I still like my ARs, but the AUGs get much more trigger time.  I should have got an AUG years ago.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.

I got two right before the election.  I still like my ARs, but the AUGs get much more trigger time. I should have got an AUG years ago.
View Quote
Me, too!  I absolutely love my AUG.

I took mine out this morning and, sadly, even with Pete's extended rail I I did not have enough room to get a proper focus on the front sight....so THAT went out the window.  I sighted my red dot about 2.5 low at 50 and I was just a bit low at 150.

I'll have to get another sight set.  I think I am gonna bite the bullet and get an EVO sight set and mod it like I did the ones on my very unlamented and long gone ( thank GOD ) Scorpion.  The sights were the only thing good about that gun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to install my long rail on the next couple of days and I'm thinking one of the Blitzkrieg components large chevron MBUS pro front sights would make a great option for my back ups. I'll try and order some soon but a few places were out of stock.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I absolutely had fun with it at the range.  The trigger was not as bad as I though it would be. It almost got a 1-6ACSS scope.  For some reason it did not feel right to me.  So I pulled the Aimpoint off my AR.  The AR now sports the 1-6ACSS, it seems more at home there.  Got to sight that one in too, what a pity.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Take a look at the 2020 tsm, it's a great little product that transforms the trigger into something great. If you don't like it I'll buy it from you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Take a look at the 2020 tsm, it's a great little product that transforms the trigger into something great. If you don't like it I'll buy it from you.
View Quote
Sounds like a deal to me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm going to install my long rail on the next couple of days and I'm thinking one of the Blitzkrieg components large chevron MBUS pro front sights would make a great option for my back ups. I'll try and order some soon but a few places were out of stock.
View Quote
I can tell you want NOT to use on the long ( or short, for that matter ) rail and that is the Magpul Steel back ups.  The front sight post is too thin and too close and can't be focused by the eye.  I will try polymer ones next week.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I can tell you want NOT to use on the long ( or short, for that matter ) rail and that is the Magpul Steel back ups.  The front sight post is too thin and too close and can't be focused by the eye.  I will try polymer ones next week.
View Quote
I have them laying around so it's no biggie, unfortunately everyone is out of the Blitzkrieg sights, which are wider, in the luminescent version as I wanted to try one anyhow.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've had no issues with them on the new rail. On the tall rail the rear sight was too far for me to use though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top