Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2013 10:42:09 PM EDT
I am looking for a streamlined looking 10/22 Bullpup conversion. I will be buying one on monday, but i'd like to hear from anyone who either has (or has handled) one of the ones below, or has another recommendation

I am currently leaning to the High Tower Armory version, but I'm very open. Pictures of any other options would be helpful

Also, if you know of one that is very similar to an AUG, that would be excellent. It would save me a fortune in ammo

Thanks!

High Tower Armory Now Shipping P90-ish Ruger10/22 Bullpup Conversion $230

Red Jacket ZK-22 Bullpup Stock $300

J Bunting Machine Ruger 10/22 Bullpup Stock $325

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 2:01:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet a fella named Defconskylude could help you out. He's done some cool work. Check out the pics thread

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_11/174560_Pics__pics_and_pics_please_.html

I know he has some posted toward the last couple pages in that thread.

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#2]
While you would be able to get RJF to take your money on Monday, you have zero chance of seeing one of the those for at least several months.  After missing 3 deadlines, they are trickling out a few at a time and calling it "shipping now".  There is a several thousand order backlog to be done before new orders will be filled.   The HTA is not shipping now but "soon" according to owner.  No idea how many months that means.  The Bunting has a mulitple month waiting list - was reported over a year not too long ago.

You can read lots of details on each of these on www.bullpupforum.com
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
While you would be able to get RJF to take your money on Monday, you have zero chance of seeing one of the those for at least several months.  After missing 3 deadlines, they are trickling out a few at a time and calling it "shipping now".  There is a several thousand order backlog to be done before new orders will be filled.

That's sad to hear. My friend ordered one a couple of months ago and his CC just got charged. We were hoping that it meant that it should be coming in soon.

I don't have the heart to tell him this news. He just bought a 10/22 today for this kit.

I will say watching the TV show all the while thinking that this pup was a joke until Joe brought it out to the Bullpup shoot and I got to play with it. It was a freaking dream! Light as a feather and ran 100%.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
While you would be able to get RJF to take your money on Monday, you have zero chance of seeing one of the those for at least several months.  After missing 3 deadlines, they are trickling out a few at a time and calling it "shipping now".  There is a several thousand order backlog to be done before new orders will be filled.

That's sad to hear. My friend ordered one a couple of months ago and his CC just got charged. We were hoping that it meant that it should be coming in soon.

I don't have the heart to tell him this news. He just bought a 10/22 today for this kit.

I will say watching the TV show all the while thinking that this pup was a joke until Joe brought it out to the Bullpup shoot and I got to play with it. It was a freaking dream! Light as a feather and ran 100%.

how was accuracy?

I mean as far as the top rail, is it pretty sturdy?
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how was accuracy?

I mean as far as the top rail, is it pretty sturdy?

The thing was a driver. It hit right where you pointed it. We were shooting it at 25yrds or so. A friend of FPSRussia's was hitting every thing he was told to hit. That guy could shoot. I was impressed with the accuracy watching him drill targets.

The top rail was pretty secure and I would have no worry about it flexing a great deal. Honestly, I didn't get to mess with the gun alot but from what I seen and felt it was a pretty well thought out design.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am looking for a streamlined looking 10/22 Bullpup conversion. I will be buying one on monday, but i'd like to hear from anyone who either has (or has handled) one of the ones below, or has another recommendation

I am currently leaning to the High Tower Armory version, but I'm very open. Pictures of any other options would be helpful

Also, if you know of one that is very similar to an AUG, that would be excellent. It would save me a fortune in ammo

Thanks!

High Tower Armory Now Shipping P90-ish Ruger10/22 Bullpup Conversion $230

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/HTAgreen.jpg

Red Jacket ZK-22 Bullpup Stock $300

http://i48.tinypic.com/2iuf68j.jpg

J Bunting Machine Ruger 10/22 Bullpup Stock $325

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/b_0a_4e_2_b_9f_18c_8873041c_5d_8e_24ed_117e_5f_97f_0-tfb.jpg

What is the bbl length on the 10/22 in the Red Jacket ZK-22?  OAL?
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]
[/quote]What is the bbl length on the 10/22 in the Red Jacket ZK-22?  OAL?[/quote]

I "THINK" that both the Red Jacket, and High Tower need an 18" barrel to meet minimum length.

Yea that is what she said!
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_11/383460__22LR_conversions_centerfire_replicas__MAIN_THREAD.html

you can fit a 10/22 in the following airsoft bullpups.  AUG, FS2000, PS90

ive also used .22LR Marlin 60 on a L85, Tavor TAR21 and FAMAS (future)

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I am not interested in doing my own conversion. I already tried that once, and it went.... poorly

I decided on the PS90 Hightower conversion, but this is the email reply i got in response to my question about availability. Looks like there's no getting one quickly

Hello Chris!

Thanks for taking the time to write us! We are very sorry for the delays- we
really do appreciate your patience and interest.

The product has not been released yet, so it is not currently ready to ship.
We don't have an official date for the product release yet (February seems
immanent) but I would really recommend signing up for the newsletter in the
bottom corner of our site, if you haven't already done so. By doing this you
will receive an email alert letting you know the exact date of sale for this
product, once that date arrives. The emails will go out in the order the
accounts were created on our site, so it is in effect a pre-buy without the
money! The alert will come to your email a few days in advance to ensure you
have ample time to get one. We are working very hard to keep your wait to a
minimum before you can shoot the 90/22 for yourself...

The barrel shroud does come with each kit!

Thank you again for your time and consideration Chris! If there is anything
I can do or any questions you need answered about our product, please don't
hesitate to call or email!
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks like there's no getting one quickly

That's kind of our motto around here, isn't it?
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What is the bbl length on the 10/22 in the Red Jacket ZK-22?  OAL?[/quote]

I "THINK" that both the Red Jacket, and High Tower need an 18" barrel to meet minimum length.

Yea that is what she said!
[/quote]

Actually it needs to be at least 18.5" to meet legal requirements. (non NFA)

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#12]
However for overall length it doesnt need to be permanent right? You could use a 16.5" barrel and add a 2" buttpad and it would be good to go. I could be wrong about that though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#13]
well, you're somewhat right, but it DOES have to be permanently attached. You could do that by glueing the buttpad on
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:11:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#15]

that won't fit a 10/22... it's for a remington 597
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oops, sorry, all those .22s look alike to me.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

kinda a bummer, cause i love the design :(
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It probably wouldn't be that hard to make it work with a 10/22.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Interesting :)  I like to see ,if anybody try use larger calibers than 22 in airsoft
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Well, i know that a 10/22 has a wider receiver than a 597, so while it might be possible, it very well might not be

I too would like to see if anyone has tried to squeeze an AR or other semi-auto rifle into a bullpup stock

I don't think it would be inherently dangerous, as you already have the shell casing fully contained in a factory receiver
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 1:40:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, I liked a couple of their ideas too. They will probably turn something out for us soon. Did you see the mosin kit? That might make it worth it to buy one

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well, i know that a 10/22 has a wider receiver than a 597, so while it might be possible, it very well might not be

I too would like to see if anyone has tried to squeeze an AR or other semi-auto rifle into a bullpup stock

I don't think it would be inherently dangerous, as you already have the shell casing fully contained in a factory receiver

There was a guy that posted a while back who was trying to engineer a bullpup AR receiver, and it looked like he was well on his way.  No idea what happened to the thread, however.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 2:51:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
However for overall length it doesnt need to be permanent right? You could use a 16.5" barrel and add a 2" buttpad and it would be good to go. I could be wrong about that though.

So if you had a 16" bbl 10/22 in your possession and the RJ ZK-22 as well without the buttpad, can that be considered "constructive possession" of an SBR?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 1:06:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if you had a 16" bbl 10/22 in your possession and the RJ ZK-22 as well without the buttpad, can that be considered "constructive possession" of an SBR?

Nope,  SBR is rifles with barrels under 16"

Everyone forgot about the Muzzlelight bullpup stocks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 3:02:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true even though the OAL of the combination would be less than what is allowed? I am trying to make sure I do this the right way.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:07:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true even though the OAL of the combination would be less than what is allowed? I am trying to make sure I do this the right way.

If you don't meet the OAL requirements, it becomes a n AOW, not a SBR.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't meet the OAL requirements, it becomes a n AOW, not a SBR.

Pardon my ignorance, but is that considered constructive possession of an AOW, and is that illegal (without obvious due paperwork)?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't forget about them, they're just uglier than a bag of mashed assholes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top