Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 6:43:22 AM EDT
to discuss things and enjoyour perspective new rifles without having to brand bash each other.

This place has turned into nothing but an absolute carzy house with a few haters that jump in to try and validate their hate for anything but Steyr.

We should all be happy that we are still in a climate where we are able to buy these rifles and have something to discuss unlike the past.

I was fortunate enough to be of age to own rifles for 10 years before the 1st ban and still remember the horror of having to buy an AR with a freaking muzzle brake and no collapsable stock.

I count my blessings today that i am able to afford what I can and have many options in choice.

I choose MSAR and FN for my bullpups,a total of four and literally a dream come true for me. i never dreamt that these would ever be available to us again much less even own SBR's like I now do.

I am absolutely thrilled that Steyr is here and could not be happier that true Styer fans can get an AUG without the crazy pre ban prices.

I could not care less who owns what but the constant brand bashing needs to stop.

PLEASE.!

I for one promise that i will do my best to not jump in any more fights with 02 or anybody if we can all just agree to help each other out rather than bash each other for our choices.

I doubt this will happen but it would be nice to come on here and just read good/bad range reports and gleen useful info rather than see another "I told you so" post or posts with lies and useless trash talk.

I know I'm wasting my typing breath here but at least I'm trying.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#1]
+1 !

Get what you can, while you can, and seriously enjoy it...I have a feeling that "change" is coming...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never understood the angst.  It's like some of these folks drive around with one of those little Calvin stickers pissing on [enter bullpup maker here] stuck to the back window of their truck.  

It's great to have a choice.  (That's why we have a lot of automobile companies out there and aren't still buying black Ford cars.)  Everyone has their own idea of which features in a firearm are important to them.  Do the research, make an informed buying decision, stick all your do-dads on it, and have fun with it.  (While it lasts )
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 Its great to have choices. My choice was limited by a number of different factors: cost, local availibility, personal expierence.... all of which will be greatly individualized.

I havent seen an AUG in a local shop in years, unless it was the shop owners personal weapon, and even the STGs are a rare sighting, one in a shop here and there.

Get what you can when you can and enjoy w/o bashing the others....
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Good post AK!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes. Agreed. Absolutely. Every please follow this advise
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah,

I want to appologize to folks here.

Next time the troll starts in with his crap I'm just going to let it go.

I was disappointed that the A3 didn't have the quad rail and left out a few other things, but I'm done talking about that and what's done is done. I'm starting to sound like my old football coach in high school that once got mad at our team, because we didn't beat one high school by as many points as he thought we should have.

It's just I have a hard time watching folks that don't know what they're talking about make sweeping statements and generalizations basically running agendas. I mean the same idiot is already going after MSAR AR magazines for God's sake and trying to get a member here in trouble with the ATF. He calls a Steyr Rep a liar basically for months on end and then comes in here recently ripping on TPD...it's a lot to stomach.  I just have to realize that we're going to have a troll here for a long,long, long time and hope that new folks here can see through the B.S. on their own.

Sorry folks.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
to discuss things and enjoyour perspective new rifles without having to brand bash each other.

This place has turned into nothing but an absolute carzy house with a few haters that jump in to try and validate their hate for anything but Steyr.

We should all be happy that we are still in a climate where we are able to buy these rifles and have something to discuss unlike the past.

I was fortunate enough to be of age to own rifles for 10 years before the 1st ban and still remember the horror of having to buy an AR with a freaking muzzle brake and no collapsable stock.

I count my blessings today that i am able to afford what I can and have many options in choice.

I choose MSAR and FN for my bullpups,a total of four and literally a dream come true for me. i never dreamt that these would ever be available to us again much less even own SBR's like I now do.

I am absolutely thrilled that Steyr is here and could not be happier that true Styer fans can get an AUG without the crazy pre ban prices.

I could not care less who owns what but the constant brand bashing needs to stop.

PLEASE.!

I for one promise that i will do my best to not jump in any more fights with 02 or anybody if we can all just agree to help each other out rather than bash each other for our choices.

I doubt this will happen but it would be nice to come on here and just read good/bad range reports and gleen useful info rather than see another "I told you so" post or posts with lies and useless trash talk.

I just can't stand any of your rifle brands!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]
So far so good.

I'd like this forum to be a good source of info for non bulppup owners who are on the fence about a bullpup purchase.
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#9]
To those on the fence I say "get off the fence already and lay your money down."

All it's going to take is a major shooting incident like Virginia Tech or something worse and we're going to be into a fight for the Second Amendment. Folks should be purchasing what they can and that includes parts and magazines as well by now.  Even the best rifle in the world will do you little good if you end up with only a few magazines and spare parts because their cost is through the roof.

This forum wasn't even possible a few years ago before FNH released their FS2000, because to get into the bullpup market you had to either get an M117 (no thanks) or shell out some serious dough for a pre-ban bullpup or do a modification yourself. Those pre-ban rifles like the AUG were no cheap (take my word for it) and still aren't and if we look at rifles like the FAMAS or others that made it in limited numbers they are beyond expensive to the point were they are mostly safe queens. Even AK's and AR's shot up in price after the first AWB that were pre-ban produced with "evil features."

So pull the trigger already. Get into this market. Stop waiting for tomorrow folks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
To those on the fence I say "get off the fence already and lay your money down."

All it's going to take is a major shooting incident like Virginia Tech or something worse and we're going to be into a fight for the Second Amendment. Folks should be purchasing what they can and that includes parts and magazines as well by now.  Even the best rifle in the world will do you little good if you end up with only a few magazines and spare parts because their cost is through the roof.

This forum wasn't even possible a few years ago before FNH released their FS2000, because to get into the bullpup market you had to either get an M117 (no thanks) or shell out some serious dough for a pre-ban bullpup or do a modification yourself. Those pre-ban rifles like the AUG were no cheap (take my word for it) and still aren't and if we look at rifles like the FAMAS or others that made it in limited numbers they are beyond expensive to the point were they are mostly safe queens. Even AK's and AR's shot up in price after the first AWB that were pre-ban produced with "evil features."

So pull the trigger already. Get into this market. Stop waiting for tomorrow folks.

Given those in the halls of power today these are words of wisdom to be sure.  I sold my AR-15 to finance my E4 purchase, so I am only "Sitting on the fence" for a couple more weeks at the most (if all goes as planned)  :-)  I'm excited personally, I have wanted an AUG since 1988 and it's finally gonna happen, WOOWOO!
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

PLEASE.!

+1

Link Posted: 3/31/2009 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#12]
And here is the main culprit.

http://www.usaaug.com/showthread.php?t=364

He talks about his experience with one rifle he supposedly owned and makes sweeping statements and bashes MSAR yet again, for no reason other than to gratify himself.

He calls the MSAR company emplyees here "TROLLS", these are members who go out of their way to help any and all owners of STG's, AXR and AUGs as well. In any manner that they can.

Good god, this guy will go to any lengths to push his agenda...lets just hope he stays over their and doesn't infect us anymore.

This is exactly the stuff that I was hoping to keep out of this forum.

I point this out only so we all know who is here for the general good of this forum and who is....not.

I promised no name calling so I won't.

Link Posted: 3/31/2009 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And here is the main culprit.

http://www.usaaug.com/showthread.php?t=364

He talks about his experience with one rifle he supposedly owned and slams MSAR yet again for no reason other than to gratify himself.

Good god, this guy will go to any lengths to push his agenda...lets just hope he stays over their and idoesn't infect us anymore.

I know Pete Athens is a mod over there now but I still think it's a totally nutty place. There are guys (probably teens) over there that make Corvette look like a saint when it comes to the bashing... I had quite a few run ins over there with those little pricks and finally gave up.

I think we have the best Bullpup forum / members here irregardless of the heated discussions. I do agree with your original post.......
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I do think that we are seriously lacking FS2000 owners/fans.

I know we have an FNH forum here at AR15.com and there are some great FN Website Forums else where, but this forum  has become heavily AUG platform bias.

Kind of be nice to get more PS90 and FS2000 folks in  here.

Hoping well get more Kel Tec RFB folks once that rifle starts actually being produced in numbers that are greater than 20 per week.

I mean if you look at this forum it's almost exclusively talk about the STG-556, AUG, and AXR. We're suppose to be a "bullpup" forum and I'm feeling rifle racist...if there is even such a thing.

On the plus side the AUG A3, STG-556E4 and MCS are going to bring a lot more folks in here with more of their own experience and bases of knowledge to add.

BULLPUP BROTHERHOOD STRONG!

You folks do recognize that just by owning a bullpup you are rebels and a minority within the black rifle community that itself could already be described as that right?

Maybe we should get some "the AR is the end be all of rifles" guys in here just to unite and flame against?

Link Posted: 4/1/2009 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:"I sold my AR-15 to finance my E4 purchase"

BWAH!!!

I did that once with a gorgeous little VW GTI VR6.  Bought a fun little E36 M3 (BMW).  Fun new car and got to drive the GTI whenever I wanted.
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 5:48:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I know we have an FNH forum here at AR15.com and there are some great FN Website Forums else where, but this forum  has become heavily AUG platform bias.

Hoping well get more Kel Tec RFB folks once that rifle starts actually being produced in numbers that are greater than 20 per week.

I mean if you look at this forum it's almost exclusively talk about the STG-556, AUG, and AXR. We're suppose to be a "bullpup" forum and I'm feeling rifle racist...if there is even such a thing.

On the plus side the AUG A3, STG-556E4 and MCS are going to bring a lot more folks in here with more of their own experience and bases of knowledge to add.

You folks do recognize that just by owning a bullpup you are rebels and a minority within the black rifle community that itself could already be described as that right?

Maybe we should get some "the AR is the end be all of rifles" guys in here just to unite and flame against?

Well for me  it's not for lack of ownership.

I have two. A Standard and a Tactical.

The problem as you stated is that we have two seperate forums..

Link Posted: 4/2/2009 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#17]
What?  You mean, my serial number  is not better than yours?   You suck anyway and mine is still superior regardless.        Just kidding, folk.

Yes, there were time which I disliked coming over here.  In stead of learning or reading up something new and interesting by different users,  it turned into either  a psychiatric ward or social climbing events.  Otherwise, I enjoy reading up informative posts by Tomac and Silenttype, or others w/ same interests.

Link Posted: 4/2/2009 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/P3240006.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/FS2Kboth.JPG

Has the FS2000 Tri-Rail from FNH come out yet?

They had it at SHOT, but I haven't heard anything about it since.
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What?  You mean, my serial number  is not better than yours?   You suck anyway and mine is still superior regardless.        Just kidding, folk.

Yes, there were time which I disliked coming over here.  In stead of learning or reading up something new and interesting by different users,  it turned into either  a psychiatric ward or social climbing events.  Otherwise, I enjoy reading up informative posts by Tomac and Silenttype, or others w/ same interests.

Thanks.

Tomac does the best STG optics posts out there bar none. No comparison. The guy is a wealth of information on all things STG and accessory related.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2009 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/P3240006.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/FS2Kboth.JPG

Has the FS2000 Tri-Rail from FNH come out yet?

They had it at SHOT, but I haven't heard anything about it since.

According to FNMan (an employee of FN that is a member and answers questions on a bi-monthly basis over at the FN Forum) mid 2009 is the projected date.

He answers other questions in regards to parts ordering and the SCAR rifles.

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=13133

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:42:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow...after all the trashing of MSAR because his rifle supposedly had major issues he states that ne never even owned an MSAR or a TDP AXR either.

And this was back in July of '08

http://www.usaaug.com/showthread.php?t=123

Is it just me or has this forum become a much more useful and informative place since his absence?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top